IGNORED

Sunderland

Romey 1878

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1-1 (Baines 51')

I don't really care if Osman cheated to be honest to get that penalty. Everyone goes down easy every now and then in the box and we can't surely moan at scoring a goal. If we are now drawing then what is to say that we can't push on for the winner, I just hope that like I said earlier we get into Sunderland's faces and get the win because we are good enough to beat these today.

Decent penalty shout again.

The thing I like about Drenthe is that things don't always come off, but he sticks to his guns, and gets stuck in.

We are better with him in the side than without, so we should be looking to keep him.

Completely agree. I think its important he keeps switching sides because otherwise the defenders tend to get used to him.

I cant believe we are nearing 70mins and we havent made a change... We have started to look a little brighter in the last few weeks but any optimism I had is draining away!

Just heard the commentator mention it was a 'very attacking bench' that we had today... Thats because all of our defenders are already on the pitch!

I don't know off the top of my head what all our subs are at the moment but I think that we've got both Stracq and Vellios on the bench and I personally would bring them both on now. The game is currently in the 69th minute which means we would have a good 20 minute spell of attacking tired, mediocre Sunderland defenders with two fast-paced attackers that look like they could get goals. I'd play Vellios up top in place of Saha and leave Stracq just behind him where Cahill is at the moment, like people have been saying above me if we go for this head on we will win.

Keepers pat the ball down if they feel that the shot is coming at them too hard or it is moving in the air. Given the position that the goakeeper catches the ball at if he caught the ball but spilled it then it is more than likely going to bounce out straight in front of him where a striker is likely to be whereas if he pats the ball down at his feet then the ball bounces back up into the keepers body whilst at the same time slowing down providing an easy second catch. Having said that however Howard does seem to do it a lot and a few times he gets himself into a muddle.

Along with that all I can do is echo what people on the forum are saying - bring Cahill off and invest in some firepower up top.

Edit; I haven't got a stream, who has replaced Drenthe? (Bad move in my opinion by the way, would much rather have seen Cahill coming off).

Edited by Zoo