IGNORED

Sunderland

Romey 1878

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lawro's Predictiuon for Sunderland v Everton

Sunderland picked up a fully deserved win at QPR on Wednesday. They created lots of chances and could have wrapped the game up much earlier and more easily than they did.

You can already see the effect that Martin O'Neill's arrival as manager is having on them.

He will be challenging every member of his squad, trying to get more out of them, and I thought Nicklas Bendtner, for one, was much more impressive at Loftus Road than he had been previously this season. With a couple of additions in the January transfer window, I can see the Black Cats rising quickly up the table.

As for Everton, well it is like Groundhog Day every time I see them - they make chance after chance but cannot take them. The Toffees really needed that win over Swansea on Wednesday but it does not change the fact the only thing they are missing is goals.

I'm going for a draw here, which will continue Sunderland's improvement. Everton would probably take a point as well.

Prediction: 1-1

Here are all 180 of Mark Lawrenson's 2011-12 Premier League predictions, together with how the League Table would look like based on all his forecasts for the season so far...

http://www.myfootballfacts.com/Mark_Lawrensons_Predictions_2011-12.html

They're a tasty side on paper, but many of their players were old Everton targets, and some of them haven't proved their worth, so maybe it was good we didn't sign them. When you consider how much we've struggled this year, we're still 3 points better than them with a game in hand, so it's fair to say Sunderland have failed to get going. We're on the rise at the moment, so I expect it to be a win, and I'll be disappointed if we don't get it.

Is half nine in the morning to early to be on the ale?

That is when the coaches leave after all. :P

No, thats the norm for us haha.

I am with Av on this regarding the outcome of the game. The only thing that may hinder us is Sunderlands renewed vigour under O'Neill but I am still confident of a positive result.

i did ask if anybody had heared why in a new post but somebody decided to take the post off here no explanation nice of them

You put the same post as you did in the matchday thread...

evertom rumours saying felli is out tomorrow

...in the Everton discussion section. So I deleted one of them.

Same post in two different places is a bit confusing....'specially late night Christmas/early morning Boxing Daysmile.png .

Thats probably the worst starting line-up I think Moyes could have picked... I would be very surprised if we get anything at all from this. God knows how Cahill has got back into the starting line-up.

Part of me actually doesnt want to watch the game because I know it will just piss me off for 90 minutes...

Another defensive formation from Moyes there, something which we don't need against Sunderland regardless of them having a boost from Martin O'Neill. Having Cahill is always a bonus when he is on flying form but as we know for the past 12 months he's been anything but that. The article that was posted on this board a few days ago was explaining how Cahill responded badly to being taken off against Norwich but has since shown determination in training to win his place which is why I think Moyes has decided to go with him today rather than sticking with the team that played midweek. If he can go out there for us today and put in a decent shift then I will be more than happy it's just that with seeing him for so long now being a very mediocre player I'm not sure having him as our attacking-midfielder is something to jump up and down about.

However, Drenthe in the team makes me happy as for me he was the reason we got a point against Norwich and the reason that we took three off the Swans. With Drenthe on our wings we should be able to stick some goals in the bag and hopefully come away from our travels with a valuable three points.

Saha being our main striker again is not something that I'm happy about. I have to admit that I think that some people are jumping on the bandwagon and giving him a lot of stick (more than he deserves) but nevertheless he has been playing piss poor of late. His stats are embarrasing for a Premiership striker and I think it's time that we started giving the full 90 to the likes of Vellios than to Louis who dosen't give anything to the team while he is on the pitch. It might seem a bit hypocrital of me that little bit; I do agree that Louis is getting abuse for being lazy and not finding the net but I do think that people are constantly looking at things to moan about with his game when 'some' of the things that he does isn't that bad. For example against Swansea he made about 3 or 4 decent runs yet people still critisised him for them...

No Fellaini is also a slight worry as he bossed the pitch when we was playing Swansea midweek and like Drenthe I think he was one of the main reasons why we won that game and didn't end up at 0-0 - has Moyes come out and said why he isn't playing? Because I know for example that Seamus isn't because of that injury he's picked up. I'd be gutted if he was being left out of the team because we're looking to sell him.

just seen the line up. I feel sorry for all our supporters going up to Sunderland to see 7 defenders in the starting 11 with 2 of our attacking players well out of form. Pathetic but sadly unsurprising....

The initial tweet of the team left Drenthe out....so, until I realised there were only ten players listed, I was suicidalsad.png .

Is it too much to hope that Ossie stays where he was against Swansea with TC back in midfield?

Possibly arriving late he might just contribute somethingunsure.png .

Probably more chance of him contributing from deeper than where he has been playing of late.

I cant understand why we have split up our best CB pairing to play 2 DM's (who are both average in that position at best) and then to move Osman onto a wing!? Why not play Osman deeper (yes not as good as further forward but better than Neville & Heits there) and bring in Gueye and either Vellios/Straq (for Cahill). I hope the players coming in prove me wrong but I dont see it.