IGNORED

Sunderland

Romey 1878

"Utter bollocks" is completely acceptable....this isn't prep school English Language, it's grown-ups talking about football.

And "start" all you like, whatever the hell that means.

"Micky baby" huh.png ?

It might be acceptable to you, but it isn't to me, and since it was directed at me, I'll decide if I like it or not. If the admins don't like it, ban me. shaking fist.png

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You take things very personally Av, maybe it's a generation thing? happy.png

Just because we're football fans doesn't mean we have to disrespect each other Kohen. It might come across as a bit sanctimonious, but I'd rather be nice, than be not. Is it good manners to tell somebody they're talking bollocks? I don't think so. If Mike thinks it's perfectly acceptable would he teach the same to his kids? Would he say it to a guy in the pub? To drop our standards is just lazy mate. Maybe I 'do' take things personally, but my reaction is a consequence of an action, not a spontaneous stance. I guess it's how you're brought up.

Just because we're football fans doesn't mean we have to disrespect each other Kohen. It might come across as a bit sanctimonious, but I'd rather be nice, than be not. Is it good manners to tell somebody they're talking bollocks? I don't think so. If Mike thinks it's perfectly acceptable would he teach the same to his kids? Would he say it to a guy in the pub? To drop our standards is just lazy mate. Maybe I 'do' take things personally, but my reaction is a consequence of an action, not a spontaneous stance. I guess it's how you're brought up.

To be fair Avin, you've had a few 'pops' at others recently. You're no angel!

You seem to not get it when people are jesting with you and vice versa and it seems to wind up into little rows.

To be fair Avin, you've had a few 'pops' at others recently. You're no angel!

You seem to not get it when people are jesting with you and vice versa and it seems to wind up into little rows.

Yep, I have, and I'm no angel. Don't make it right though mate. I only do it if I really lose it with someone though, to be truthful. I don't do it as part of my everyday posting, like some.

You're a one-off Avin (with the most ironic user name I've ever come across). Not going to waste my time responding further.

You're a one-off Avin (with the most ironic user name I've ever come across). Not going to waste my time responding further.

Mike, you're proper smug when it suits you mate. What do you actually do around here other than polish your your admin badge?

I've never known a forum in my life where the mods cause so many fights with the members. It's unique.

Still, you can always delete what you don't want, so not much point getting into an Internet war with you.

Isn't this thread for talking about the Sunderland game rather than bickering with each other? I'm not getting involved into this argument but please, just agree to disagree because when it's all said and done it's an Everton forum not a Jeremy Kyle forum.

Just watching MOTD now so I can watch our highlights from todays game (if there was any) and I think that next weeks game against West Brom is going to be ten times harder considering how they've just taken points of Manchester City. They looked really good in defence and obviously the result will give them a massive boost, if we are going to get all three points then we need to go at them from the word go and I think we all know with how to team is being run at the moment that isn't going to happen.

Mike, you're proper smug when it suits you mate. What do you actually do around here other than polish your your admin badge?

I've never known a forum in my life where the mods cause so many fights with the members. It's unique.

Still, you can always delete what you don't want, so not much point getting into an Internet war with you.

Wow there avin!!! What do you want from mikeo... weekly hand jobs?

MikeO is and always will be a huge part of toffeetalk - long before me and you... if MikeO posts I will read it for the right reasons, sadly I can say this about very few others (especially on recent form).

Isn't this thread for talking about the Sunderland game rather than bickering with each other? I'm not getting involved into this argument but please, just agree to disagree because when it's all said and done it's an Everton forum not a Jeremy Kyle forum.

Just watching MOTD now so I can watch our highlights from todays game (if there was any) and I think that next weeks game against West Brom is going to be ten times harder considering how they've just taken points of Manchester City. They looked really good in defence and obviously the result will give them a massive boost, if we are going to get all three points then we need to go at them from the word go and I think we all know with how to team is being run at the moment that isn't going to happen.

The forum has about 20 - 30 regular posters, but only a dozen or so actually post more than twice per day. That's why there are always arguments. The forum needs a greater mix of opinion. At the moment, we all know exactly what we think about most subjects, and will rarely see eye to eye on stuff. Another 50 or so members would do the forum the world of good.

I thought we did ok today on the whole. It's clear we are a decent side. We just need to get some goal scorers to put the ball in the net. Relying on Saha is the same old same old.

Avin, theres no need to get personal.

Edited by Matt

Wow there avin!!! What do you want from mikeo... weekly hand jobs?

MikeO is and always will be a huge part of toffeetalk - long before me and you... if MikeO posts I will read it for the right reasons, sadly I can say this about very few others (especially on recent form).

What do I want from him?

A fresh slate might be nice, rather than this stupid unfriendly vibe I get from him and the mods from my efctaxi days.

To think the above post caused so much bickering. Unbelievable. rolleyes.gif

To be fair, there wouldn't have been any bickering if you had re-read what lex said in the knowledge that English isn't his first language - he said the situation is bollocks not your valid initial statement.

To be fair, there wouldn't have been any bickering if you had re-read what lex said in the knowledge that English isn't his first language - he said the situation is bollocks not your valid initial statement.

Whoooah, hold on there cowboy. When I'm wrong, I always hold my hands up, but I have Lex saying 'bollocks' and then Prisoner comes in with 'utter shite', so forgive me for being a little confused here. Had neither wrote that, then where would the problem be, but hold on ... this is big bad Avinalaff. How dare he take offense. Come on man. I ain't perfect, but I'm not the bluntest tool in the box either.

sorry Av, but thats utter shite, it really is,

How can I be talking shite by saying we need goal scorers? I really don't get that.

Must be how I was brought up.

Mike, I'm a pretty straight lad. Not sure why you need to be sarcastic. If you have something to say, be a man and say it.

I treat you all the same mate. The only one I won't have a go at is Louis, as it's 'his' house, his rules, but the rest of you are fair game if you don't play ball.

I didn't get what you meant when you told me he wasn't English. It happens.

Watching gladiator by any chance gents? Testosterone is schwarzneger circa 1979 at the moment - get pax back on here!!! I'm ready grrrrrr!!!!!!!! Anyhow your all a good bunch. Smug arrogant, clicky, apologists, bu knuckle draggers - ya all ok with me. Peace.

F'cks sake Haf that's "cliquey"....get your smug apologism accusations gramatically correct please! Grrr doesn't cover it.

What was the result today againunsure.png ?

People coming on here to read about the Sunderland game will think they have come to the wrong place, i've noticed that just recently most of the threads on TT are becoming running battles, and they dont look good to visitors.

I'm spending more and more time on other forums because TT is not the same forum it once was, and i'm fast running out of love for it.

bu knuckle draggers - ya all ok with me. Peace.

Ouch! sad.png

I love you all. We are all football fans. We take stick all the time. Passion is good in my opinion. I can take people insulting my posts e.g your post is a big piece of shite . I can even take a few personal slaps e.g You're an idiot if you think..... .

I have only started to post here because of the interaction between certain factions. However , if you look at other parts of this board ,everyone is pretty friendly to each other. There are far worse forums with subjects not so controversial or emotional. Moderation here is pretty good as they only delete and merge posts/threads. By the looks of it , disciplinary actions rarely take place. This is a credit to you all.

On-Topic , I would have taken a draw before the start of this game .So it's all good. Cahill tried at least but the 3 golden oldies (although I would have never described Saha as golden ,ever ) have to make way . Moyes is and will always be an Everton legend but he just has to make the big calls.

Edited by Noble Savage

DM...

"We played really well for 25, 30 minutes - we had the momentum and chances. Leighton Baines put in some world-class crosses. Any centre-forward worth their salt would be begging to get on the end of them."

Ouch...directed at Louis for sure.

Well you would think that Moyes might try something different if he clearly feels Saha isnt doing what he should be (or Cahill for that matter). I get the feeling Saha will be gone soon, whether it is in the transfer window or if he just signs a pre-contract somewhere else. There is clearly something not right between the two of them and Saha's performances for the most part of this season have been really poor. Having said that, with the amount of service we give the striker, anyone is going to look poor but his effort and determination are way below what is expected of him.

I still cant get over some of the shocking decisions made by Moyes yesterday. There wasnt a better game to prove the 'favourites' arguement for me.