IGNORED

Sunderland

Romey 1878

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunderland score, 1-0. (Colback 26')

For me it's just sounding like a bit of a handful. From the sounds of things on the updates Saha isn't on top form and there arn't many chances that we are creating for ourselves. I thought it would be a little hard playing against Sunderland given the boost that they have from having Martin O'Neill but I expected us to have a go at them seeing as we got three points out of Swansea.

Oh, and apparantly Titus Bramble has gone off for them with an injury - I was looking forward to us getting a cheeky goal due to him cocking up at the back again like he usually does. I've not got much optemism for this match now, but I'll still be following, we can't afford to lose this match given the way that the Premiership is shaping up at the moment.

Edited by Zoo

Experiment failed in terms of Cahill I think. His time at Everton must surely be up by now, even when he is dropped and then given the chance to prove himself he dosen't so what's the point in keep playing him when we could have Osman in his role or even just going two up top with the likes of Straq/Vellios. Hell, maybe even put Straq in Cahill's position because whenever he comes on he looks keen and willing to have a go (the exact opposite of Timmy).

Also, is it just me or should we be looking to sell Cahill him in the summer? I mean, if we're not going to use him then we might aswell sell him while we could still get some money out of him. I mean, I'm sure a few million would be put on the table in order to acquire him which could be put to good use.

Sunderland dont even look that great either, a very average performace from both teams and no real chances of note bar the goal.

We look very unsettled people are all over the place, which is what happens when you chop and change like we have done.

Id get Cahill off pronto, as then maybe either Distin or Neville. We only need one holding midfielder, and Heitinga offers more than Neville BUT he would add the calmness at the back we are already lacking. Not Distin's fault and it would be harsh on him, but we need to do whats best for the team. The other person coming on completely depends on what Moyes wants to do, I would prefer Barkley to come into midfield BUT that wouldnt leave much flexibility later in the game if we were still trailing. On the other hand, bringing on another striker wouldnt hurt. Some thing certainly needs to happen though!

Doing family things, just popped in to say all the best and despite it being Christmas we as fans have no surprises.

Neville and cahill playing ahead of Barkley is a farce. Team is tired, old and lacklustre. All the best anyhow gents.

Get back on here and suffer with the rest of usshaking fist.png .

Sunderland dont even look that great either, a very average performace from both teams and no real chances of note bar the goal.

Sunderland, with the possible exception of Sessegnon, have been poor.

If we don't change the team then we will lose - simple.

I'm a bit of a fan of Neville and I pretty much defend him whatever he does but I do think that he and a few others players are too old for the situation that we are in. We are 1-0 down to Sunderland who don't look that clever as it is and the only way that we can get back into the game and win is to get in their faces and snatch some goals which just isn't going to happen with the speed of some of our 'old players'. In other words - forget tippy-tappy football, lets get the ball into the box and score.

If we had the likes of Barkley, Vellios and Stracq on the pitch then we would probably be winning but once against Moyes has cocked up big style. The formation, tactics and squad are a farce today and until something changes I can't see us pushing up the table. I mean lets face it, we took three points off Swansea but 1-0 is not a flattering result.

I hope we make changes because we are good enough to beat Sunderland, it's just a shame we just keep shooting ourselves in the foot with bad managerial decisions.