IGNORED

Sunderland

Romey 1878

http://salutsunderland.com/2011/12/leon-osmans-unwanted-accolade-as-cheating-finds-a-new-level/

Mentions in dispatches for Avin!

Think its a bit harsh myself, Ossie isnt the type of player to take a dive. I think he probably felt the impact of the fresh air kick hitting the turf and honestly did think it was another player clipping him

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

http://salutsunderla...ds-a-new-level/

Mentions in dispatches for Avin!

Think its a bit harsh myself, Ossie isnt the type of player to take a dive. I think he probably felt the impact of the fresh air kick hitting the turf and honestly did think it was another player clipping him

I have to agree. I think it's clearly a mistake and not a prenalty. Probably a lot easier to see in an action replay, so can't shout at Webb too much, even if he isn't known for giving us an easy life. Difficult to condemn Osman outright. No reason to deliberately kick the ground, as the shooting chance was there to be had. The fact that he did kick the ground is possibly the reason he claimed foul. Maybe he thought it was contact. Who knows? Not known him to cheat before so it's a hard one. Very easy to sit here and point the finger. As much as it must hurt the Sunderland boys, I think I'm going to give Osman the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. I can't stand cheats, but this one is very difficult to judge. Had he not kicked the ground, it would have been a big shun from me. No place for it in our team.

Been involved in other events recently, soccer has taken a back seat to other priorities, but from what I can ascertain the last two fixtures have been fairly ordinary, missed both fixtures, but all said it's four points from two games so not a bad return, baines scored from a spot kick 'decision', from a penalty that should never have been given as I understand, not complaining, and even as the game reached it's conclusion we had chances to take all points, but chances were spurned by Distin and Saha, conditions were unfavorable to both teams on the day apparently. Maybe on another day it may have gone our way, got a point in the end from a nothing penalty, Sunderland haven't beaten us since Dinosaurs after all, so in the end maybe on paper a draw was a fair result some would feel, this reminded me of a game away at Sunderland we had on new Years Eve (2005 I think it was), and we went up there and won 1-0, think it was Cahill that day, but it did bring back some memories what with the time of year and opposition and all

I have to agree. I think it's clearly a mistake and not a prenalty. Probably a lot easier to see in an action replay, so can't shout at Webb too much, even if he isn't known for giving us an easy life. Difficult to condemn Osman outright. No reason to deliberately kick the ground, as the shooting chance was there to be had. The fact that he did kick the ground is possibly the reason he claimed foul. Maybe he thought it was contact. Who knows? Not known him to cheat before so it's a hard one. Very easy to sit here and point the finger. As much as it must hurt the Sunderland boys, I think I'm going to give Osman the benefit of the doubt on this occasion. I can't stand cheats, but this one is very difficult to judge. Had he not kicked the ground, it would have been a big shun from me. No place for it in our team.

I certainly wouldnt have him as a diver but this one is odd to say the least. Surely he must have known he kicked the floor and I couldnt see any contact from anyone. The worst thing for me is that he appeals for it. Certainly not in his character though...

I certainly wouldnt have him as a diver but this one is odd to say the least. Surely he must have known he kicked the floor and I couldnt see any contact from anyone. The worst thing for me is that he appeals for it. Certainly not in his character though...

He appealed for it because he thought he got clipped, its a no brainer for me he is definitely not a diver

He appealed for it because he thought he got clipped, its a no brainer for me he is definitely not a diver

I agree he has never been a diver, but surely he must have known he kicked the ground?! From the replays I have seen neither Sunderland player actualy gets that close enough to catch one of his legs either during or before he kicks the ground. I really dont know what to make of it.

Can't believe some of our fans are apologising to the Sunderland fans 'on behalf of true blues'? What the heck is all that about? I'm a true Blue, but don't ever apologise on my behalf for crying out loud. Who the hell gave them 'Everton fan representative badges'?

http://salutsunderla...ds-a-new-level/

It's football. Shit happens. Get over it Sunderland. Anybody who thinks Osman is a cheat has not followed his career very closely. Hell, I even hate it when folks brand Suarez as a cheat, but Osman?

Osman deserved his man of the match (just for getting us a penalty), seriously he was the best of a poor performance. Can't see why people thought Drenthe did well, is he flavour of the month, I felt he just ran into their men with the ball rather than past them. Midfield attacking play was non-existant but with the line up I wasn't expecting anything else. Moyes must now see that Heittinga is not a midfileder, all he did was chase shadows and hoof the ball to their keeper. Saha was, well, not even Saha, more like haha. Howard did all he was asked to do apart from one flap in the second half and in the main the defence was solid, although Distin looked a little ring rusty. I just can't help feel we play the same way in every game and teams are nullifying us, hence our lack of goals......but hey ho. it's the season of goodwill, well I thought it was until I read most posts on here, just thought I would throw a little bit of satire in there.