IGNORED

Tamworth

MikeO

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Don't think we can have any problems with today if I am being honest. We went out there as the better team and managed to score a good goal in the first 5 minutes. In the first half Tamworth had two decent shots but that was all as our defence kept them easily at bay and going forward we looked threatening (for the first time this season). In the second half I think Moyes had the game plan to conserve energy as we defended against them really well but visably sat back going forward until Baines came on.

Once we had Bainsey on the left we seemed to have some better attacks as him and Donovan worked together really nicely, the penalty was really dubious if you ask me and I think it might have been a case of the referee being leniant towards the stronger-side but I'll not go crazy. Billy at first wanted to take it until Heitinga told him to piss off and let Leighton do it and he did it well (even if the Tamworth goalkeeper tried to put him off by squirting his water on the ball). Ever since the second goal went in there was only going to be one winner even though we was unlucky to go 3-0 up as Donovan hit the bar (and could have had 4 after his shot was well saved by their goalkeeper) I am pleased with what we've got out of tonight.

A solid, professional performance that looks a lot worse on paper than it actually was - I am a happy man today.

I had Tamworth fans down as nice guys or wouldn't say boo to a goose types etc happy.png

They booed when our time line-up was being read out before the game and whenever Phil Neville touched the ball he was greeted with jeers and hisses. I put it down to them just having a mad-day out and woulden't brand them as 'horrible supporters'. Just trying to have a pop at a Premiership club I think.

Edited by Zoo

Is this good preparation for your important game against us on wednesday

Afraid not Paul, cup games are one offs and playing a lower league side gives no indication on how bad or good we will be against a higher quality opposition. And Spurs are very high quality this season. I suspect there will be a real arse kicking on Wednesday, although obviously I hope the boot doing the kicking is a royal blue one.

did bily play deeper? he isn't clever enough for that i don't think...behind the striker for me..if he did and he was shite then fair enough

Indeed, he wasn't on the wings because that role was being taken care of by Donovan and Coleman. Billy did well though in my opinion, I know he's got a lot of haters but he did seem to get in some good positions. There was a chance in the first half (just after Heitinga's goal) where he arguably should have done better as when the ball came to him he attempted a volley which went just over, in my opinion if he would have taken a touch it would have been 2-0, but ah well.

He had a nice chance in the second half which just went wide but overall he did alright today and I have to admit I am a bit of a Billy-bummer. I just hope that he dosen't leave because he has bags of potential we just haven't seen it yet.

Spurs 'only' won 3-0 against Cheltenham, and many would say Spurs are possibly the best team in the country (and certainly top 3).

Admittedly it's not non-league, but adds SOME perspective to such games.

2-0 is 'job done'. Ugly maybe, lacking flair maybe, but it's a win.

Yeah good point however we did put out our reserve players which we won't be doing on wednesday

I am rather hoping that we will be making the league our priority

But who is saying we are the best in the country ? Clearly thats City as they are top of the league although we haven't lost for a while we haven't been playing well, and I think Everton could turn us over on wednesday

But I'd be happy if we pipped City for the title and Everton won the F A Cup, any chance you can help on wednesday and when we play you at Goodison ?

Billy did well though in my opinion, I know he's got a lot of haters but he did seem to get in some good positions. There was a chance in the first half (just after Heitinga's goal) where he arguably should have done better as when the ball came to him he attempted a volley which went just over, in my opinion if he would have taken a touch it would have been 2-0, but ah well.

He had a nice chance in the second half which just went wide but overall he did alright today and I have to admit I am a bit of a Billy-bummer. I just hope that he dosen't leave because he has bags of potential we just haven't seen it yet.

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov

d5.gifFlop of the Match

A truly poor performance from the Russian, admittedly in an unfamiliar position in the centre of the park. Had one redeeming second-half strike well saved.

http://www.goal.com/.../player-ratings

Ian Snodin was equally as unimpressed on EvertonTV.

It still makes me wonder sometimes that after going from 1985/86 without a victory at White Hart Lane we then went recently and won three in a row up there, first time was a surprise after so many years then we did it a second time and a third after that, I remember thinking I was quite shocked at the time, but this week coming I can't see any repeat, I do feel a draw is the best we can hope for, would be great to get another win though, Cheltenham are hardly world beaters but Redknapp has put together a fine side and midweek could be a long evening, it's around the seventh anniversary time of that 5-2 beating we got in our European Cup place season too

We are having trouble scoring but our midfield is good and our defence is playing well, its hard to see Everton scoring too many against us, but they have the Physical presence to cause us problems, it depends how well you combat us in midfield, and how Dawson and Kaboom cope with your set pieces, I think having a quality player wide right against Assou- Ekotto who can be a liability will be Key for you, I wouldn't bother Lumping too many balls into the box as we defended that very well all season, we struggle when teams play through the middle with pace, I wouldn't worry about Adebayor as he needs 10 chances to score 1, it's Bale and Van-der-vaart I would close down quickly, I think we will have more possession but we will miss Parker and Sandro, so will lack Steel in midfield

but Good Luck

and I suppose I should save this for the match fred on the day

I don't see why everyone gets on Billy's back, maybe I'm just a bit biased because I really like the guy and I'm not having a go at you Mike but I thought he had a decent game today. He didn't stand out as an 'amazing talent' but at the same time nobody did, he did what he had to well and found the right men at the right time. His first half strike he should have done better with but his second half shot was only denied by a really good save and he could have had himself on the scoresheet. I think it's just a confidence issue and I don't think you can expect him to be magic when he's being played in unfamiliar terretory.

Certainly not a 'flop of the match', there was far worse than him on the field today.

Fuckinghell, this is a day of my life I can never get back and I did it to myself because I didn't even have to go to this game. I'm definitely a glutton for punishment.

We started well and seemed to be moving well too. Then we got a nice early goal. I thought, great, now we can settle down and actually play football and do them by at least 3 or 4. I thought an early goal would've settled us right down. How wrong I was. The movement quickly disappeared and they were all standing around like the static fuckers they've become. We retreated right into our shells and Tamworth were the side that looked to attack more often than us. Granted they didn't actually get very far in terms of threatening us, but we shouldn't have even allowed them to get any sort of foothold in the game. This was the ideal game to get our confidence up but they played like a crock of shit.

I was sat there thinking to myself, "what the hell would a decent PL side do to this lot (Tamworth)?". Even shite like Blackburn would have taken these to the cleaners at home.

I don't think I'll be able to watch the Spurs game midweek (the first game I'll have missed this season) and I'm actually feeling quite relieved. It could be very messy.

Howard - Had nothing to do.

Coleman - Made a few good forward runs. Got injured. That's about it really.

Heitinga & Distin - Neither was really tested but seemed to have a good understanding.

Neville - He's clearly still struggling to phone home because his ET fingers were on show again. I hope he goes home soon. Useless is what he is. He doesn't even use his voice or try and gee up our players anymore.

Donovan - Completely anonymous in the first half and for much of the second half. But seemed to come into the game more towards the end and could have grabbed a goal.

Fellaini - He was atrocious, and that's being kind. He was so sloppy in possession and looked way off the pace. It was probably down to a lack of match fitness, but still!

Bilyaletdinov - Showed a couple of flashes of decency, but they were few and far between. It probably didn't help that the crowd got on his back for any little mistake but he needed to get involved more.

Gueye - Pretty much the same as Donovan for me. Crap for most of the game but seemed to have a spark towards the end of the game.

McFadden - A waste of a shirt.

Anichebe - He may be back from a long injury lay-off but he's the same old Anichebe; lazy and petulant.

It just striked me as strange given the opposition today

I had Tamworth fans down as nice guys or wouldn't say boo to a goose types etc happy.png

I would have myself to be honest but bearing in mind it was probably the biggest game in their history you'd expect SOME of them to get a bit over excited.

I expect the Neville booing to be linked to his England days...they have no other reason.

I think it's related to his Man Utd connection

I can't see why tamworth would have any negative feelings towards anything utd related to be honest bluesky. I don't really have a problem with utd as club myself and I'm a scouser! (fans are utter pricks though). Bolton hate utd so naturally they'd boo any ex player.

As for Gary Neville I'm with you mate. I hated the little shit with a passion in his playing days especially after he kicked a ball at someone in the family enclosure during a stoppage BUT he comes across well as a pundit and doesn't show any bias which is more than I can say for some other sky pundits...mr Thompson! Has anyone else seen him try and play down the Suarez incident!? Embarrassing!

Edited by Eddie_1938

i dont know if you or snodin picked bily as the flop of the match,but whoever did couldnt have vbeen watching,

victor,neville or mcfadden,bily contributed far more than these three.

Absolutely - as these indicate:

http://www.skysports.com/football/user_ratings/0,19768,11065_3472281,00.html

http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/football/fa-cup/2011-2012/everton-tamworth-492976.html

If you wear blinkers, you're only going to see what you want to see.unsure.png

Absolutely - as these indicate:

http://www.skysports...3472281,00.html

http://uk.eurosport....rth-492976.html

If you wear blinkers, you're only going to see what you want to see.unsure.png

But, as the game wasn't on TV anywhere, those ratings will predominantly have been voted for by people who saw nothing of the gamehuh.png .

If you think the guy at Goal.com (and Snods) was watching through blinkers you'd better take it up with him/themwink.png .

I didn't see the game so I'm just, as I made clear, commenting on what I heard.

But, as the game wasn't on TV anywhere, those ratings will predominantly have been voted for by people who saw nothing of the gamehuh.png .

If you think the guy at Goal.com (and Snods) was watching through blinkers you'd better take it up with him/themwink.png .

I didn't see the game so I'm just, as I made clear, commenting on what I heard.

Erm, so your view was based on what you heard...and those people 'who saw nothing of the game' (like yourself) - were basing it on...what? Were they guessing?huh.png

It is a problem when people make opinions based on what they have heard rather than what they have seen. For example I thought that Billy played really, really well today considering what is going and whereas I'm not saying that it's Mike's fault people may be swayed into thinking that Billy put in another shite performance due to what Snods has said. The fact is that Snods is talking out of his arse, and there were far worse on that field today.

On the subject of the penalty even though it was harsh I do think it was one. The lad clearly put his arms around the chest of Drenthe and you just can't do that within the box. It was a little harsh but Tamworth can have no complaints upon watching it back on the replays even though I think they have left Goodison with smiles on their faces.

Erm, so your view was based on what you heard...and those people 'who saw nothing of the game' (like yourself) - were basing it on...what? Were they guessing?huh.png

My view was based on listening to the commentary on EvertonTV. If that's not giving an accurate (if one-sided) view of the game then they're doing something wrong I'd have thought.

Certainly that's not the same as watching it which is why I didn't vote for a MOTM (or register any votes on Sky or Eurosport)smile.png .

Probably I shouldn't have said Bily was shite but it was the impression I got....he may have had a decent game. Maybe Snodin hates him?

Probably I shouldn't have said Bily was shite but it was the impression I got....he may have had a decent game. Maybe Snodin hates him?

This is what I hate, it's obvious that Billy has the talent he just needs a pat on the back so that we can get it out of him. I don't understand why people hate him so much and get on his back as it is not going to improve him as a player. Can you imagine going out to play football and 40,000 people groan at you whenever you get the slightest thing wrong? It must be hard and it's no surprise that he is not performing to the standard that he can be.

Billy was good today and to say he was a flop is laughable.