IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If there is any truth in this and it’s not just his agent throwing our name in to make Man U twitch, then my only reservation would be that we’d more than likely have to reassess the wage structure as, on a free, someone’s likely to be able to offer something silly like £250k per week. Man U and others can budget for that - doubt we could or would.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I don’t care if he’s a great footballer if he’s a prick. Struggling to find evidence of that though, he just sounds very self-confident 

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/france/story/3508252/france-midfielder-adrien-rabiots-refusal-to-be-world-cup-reserve-massive-mistake-didier-deschamps

Missed out on the world cup team of 23 players so pulled out the squad early. 

1 minute ago, c1982 said:

If there is any truth in this and it’s not just his agent throwing our name in to make Man U twitch, then my only reservation would be that we’d more than likely have to reassess the wage structure as, on a free, someone’s likely to be able to offer something silly like £250k per week. Man U and others can budget for that - doubt we could or would.

Could get round the wages by supplementing it with a big signing on fee, or ideally spread the fee as a yearly bonus at the start of each season to mitigate the risk of him taking a big fee and then kicking up a stink for a move. 

6 minutes ago, pete0 said:

Could get round the wages by supplementing it with a big signing on fee, or ideally spread the fee as a yearly bonus at the start of each season to mitigate the risk of him taking a big fee and then kicking up a stink for a move. 

We could and that’s fine if the player’s preference is us and this would be a compromise but that’s unlikely in this case.

53 minutes ago, c1982 said:

I can see Adidas and the one on the sleeve that I can’t quite make out... I wouldn’t say Brands written all over it though!

Bloody awful 😂

53 minutes ago, markjazzbassist said:

20 years old.  i know nothing about him but i love it, Brands type of signing.  how are we going to get a work permit if he's only been at Boca Juniors though?

A few people saying he might be able to get an Italian passport. 

• 3 weeks later...