IGNORED

Twitter Transfer Rumours

Explain?

You see... if you cut through the whole blue tinted romance for Rom and look at bentekes goal record he is very like Rom in terms of return.

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11096/10597690/is-evertons-romelu-lukaku-or-crystal-palaces-christian-benteke-more-effective

Like benteke at Liverpool... lukaku is about to find out how things are when his style doesn't suit a team.

You know full well why.

I've not got "blue tinted glasses" - never had - but I do have a problem with unsubstantiated claimes.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know full well why.

I've not got "blue tinted glasses" - never had - but I do have a problem with unsubstantiated claimes.

I honestly don't...

You always say "Rom is a goal scorer and he does what he's meant to do"

On that same basis benteke does the same - his goals per minutes is pretty much bang on with Rom even with his time at Liverpool.

He essentially kept an awful team like palace up on his own last year.... 15 prem goals for that lot is impressive - they really are dog shit.

So barring the differences in the fact that benteke is far better in the air and holding up the ball/bullying vs lukakus better ability to run with the ball I honestly can't see the difference.

If You can then fair enough but either way... I don't want either of them at Everton cos they are lazy.

I honestly don't...

You always say "Rom is a goal scorer and he does what he's meant to do"

On that same basis benteke does the same - his goals per minutes is pretty much bang on with Rom even with his time at Liverpool.

He essentially kept an awful team like palace up on his own last year.... 15 prem goals for that lot is impressive - they really are dog shit.

So barring the differences in the fact that benteke is far better in the air and holding up the ball/bullying vs lukakus better ability to run with the ball I honestly can't see the difference.

If You can then fair enough but either way... I don't want either of them at Everton cos they are lazy.

Games Goals

Crystal Palace 2016–17: 40 17

Liverpool 2015–16: 42 10

Aston Villa 2014–15 34 15

Aston Villa 2013–14 28 11

Aston Villa 2012–13 39 23

183 games, 76 goals: 1 goal per 2.4 games

Everton 2016–17 39 26

Everton 2015–16 46 25

Everton 2014–15 48 20

Everton 2013–14 33 16

WBA 2012–13 38 17

204 games, 104 goals: 1 goal per 1.9 games

So they're not close in terms of goals per games. I'll agree with the rest though - Benteke is better at holding the ball up, Rom better with running with it. Not that I care - neither are our player and hopefully that remains fact

edit: and for the fan boys out there - I'm arguing a factually incorrect statement, not baiting.

Edited by Matt

Games Goals

Crystal Palace 201617: 40 17

Liverpool 201516: 42 10

Aston Villa 201415 34 15

Aston Villa 201314 28 11

Aston Villa 201213 39 23

183 games, 76 goals: 1 goal per 2.4 games

Everton 201617 39 26

Everton 201516 46 25

Everton 201415 48 20

Everton 201314 33 16

WBA 201213 38 17

204 games, 104 goals: 1 goal per 1.9 games

So they're not close in terms of goals per games. I'll agree with the rest though - Benteke is better at holding the ball up, Rom better with running with it. Not that I care - neither are our player and hopefully that remains fact

edit: and for the fan boys out there - I'm arguing a factually incorrect statement, not baiting.

Of course they will look better goals per games.... go look at goals per minutes to level out the 20 minutes here and there he got for Liverpool. Which is what i said in the original post. Edited by Hafnia

Of course they will look better goals per games.... go look at goals per minutes to level out the 20 minutes here and there he got for Liverpool. Which is what i said in the original post.

I misunderstood the original post ("even with Liverpool" made me think you were highlighting a specific season out of several, not soley that one), so my bad. If you take 1 season then yes. Most (90%) of his goals were against lower/mid table clubs too, so there's another similarity.

My comment is still valid though - neither are our player and I want it to stay that way.

I misunderstood the original post ("even with Liverpool" made me think you were highlighting a specific season out of several, not soley that one), so my bad. If you take 1 season then yes. Most (90%) of his goals were against lower/mid table clubs too, so there's another similarity.

My comment is still valid though - neither are our player and I want it to stay that way.

Both players will flourish when they are "afforded" the luxury of not being dropped or subbed for crap or low effort performances.

They will flourish when the team ethos is to focus purely on them as goal threats.

This takes away the flexibility required for clubs who operate at the higher end of the table where equal standard opponents can nullify their threat.

It's as simple as that and United will discover to their cost.

I still can't believe they signed him... I honestly can't. United have been brilliant for us.... they gave us £28m for Fellaini, gave us Howard, Neville (who I didn't like but helped instill professionalism) schneiderlin.... took moyes off our hands and £100m for lukaku.

Oh yeah. And gave Rooney the hump which will help motivate him.

Rather Hernandez who used to play for United than Benteke

I wouldn't be interested in either. Chicharito doesn't do enough for the team. He's a poacher. Nothing more, nothing less. The price is tempting though, I admit. Of the strikers linked in the past day or so, I would want Dzeko.

I wouldn't be interested in either. Chicharito doesn't do enough for the team. He's a poacher. Nothing more, nothing less. The price is tempting though, I admit. Of the strikers linked in the past day or so, I would want Dzeko.

Just make Chicharito the super sub if we have too....

he makes rom look like a workaholic

Yup. I don't get the hype with him. I suspect it's 100% because of the 2010 World Cup and his subsequent transfer to ManUre.

I love watching the Mexican national team, but I think they're far better (and play better football) without him.