IGNORED

Why Does Everyone Want To Sign Up Drenthe?

Why do you all want Drenthe to sign up? ive been uber disapointed with Drenthe since he came to the club, he looked really good to start with but has seriously faded, he seems to bee a one trick pony with his 10 step overs, which don't bother me if you can do them ala Ronaldo, but Drenthe can't and always trips over the ball. I think it says a lot that he is being kept on the bench at the moment and used as a sub, and i honestly think if DM wanted him, he would have been the first signing of the window.

Thoughts?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

said many times..i'd rather he lost the ball tryin to do summat upfront than it just gets hoofed..ok he loses the ball sometimes but he's also got us points alone this season..well worth it on a free...unpredictable and very quick..moyes should leave him up when defending cos i don't like him losing the ball in our half

Drenthe looks threatening on the ball and always looks like doing something when going forward. Our team this season has become obsessed with passing sideways and back whilst Drenthe seems to rip up our rulebook and push forward for a goal. This season alone like marcopaulo said he has got us points and has been the differance between a defeat and a victory.

It would be a tragedy if we did not sign him on a free and I'm sure that in the summer Moyes will put all his time and effort into making sure that Royston is with us next season.

Drenthe looks threatening on the ball and always looks like doing something when going forward. Our team this season has become obsessed with passing sideways and back whilst Drenthe seems to rip up our rulebook and push forward for a goal. This season alone like marcopaulo said he has got us points and has been the differance between a defeat and a victory.

It would be a tragedy if we did not sign him on a free and I'm sure that in the summer Moyes will put all his time and effort into making sure that Royston is with us next season.

Totally agree with you, very usefull player and young!

said many times..i'd rather he lost the ball tryin to do summat upfront than it just gets hoofed..ok he loses the ball sometimes but he's also got us points alone this season..well worth it on a free...unpredictable and very quick..moyes should leave him up when defending cos i don't like him losing the ball in our half

This.

And he has the same Birthday as me, tongue.png

I'm (as I've said before) less and less impressed all the time, but if we can get him on a free and his wage demands are reasonable I'd sign him then move him on like Beckford....unless he starts impressing in which case (try to) keep him.

This.

I was excited when we signed him but that has dissipated with each passing game.

I'm (as I've said before) less and less impressed all the time, but if we can get him on a free and his wage demands are reasonable I'd sign him then move him on like Beckford....unless he starts impressing in which case (try to) keep him.

thats pretty much how i see it tbh, i would'nt hurry to sign him though unless he improves Edited by theprisoner

Whether you like him or not I think its a unanimous decision to try and keep hold of him on a free. I would be happy to go on with your mentality, sign him up and see if he can do well at our club (which I believe he can be) and if he ends up being terrible we can sell him to his beloved Feyernoord.

People kkep going on about how they would rather see him lose the ball taking someone on than see us hoofing it up the pitch, well that would be fine if he did it in the opposition half but he doesnt he does it on the edge of our area.

I think he is a laibility defensively and a threat on the attack in equal measure. I can only ever see him being used as an impact sub for us but as a free transfer if his wages are reasonable I would still take him

People kkep going on about how they would rather see him lose the ball taking someone on than see us hoofing it up the pitch, well that would be fine if he did it in the opposition half but he doesnt he does it on the edge of our area.

I think he is a laibility defensively and a threat on the attack in equal measure. I can only ever see him being used as an impact sub for us but as a free transfer if his wages are reasonable I would still take him

that's why i think we should just leave him forward

Any player who pulls on the shirt and steps onto the pitch deserves our support (Apart from feckin' Glenn Keeley ... remember him? ) at least until they demonstrate a total lack of trying. So far I have seen Drenthe play well, play bad, and play indifferently, yet I always feel he is doing his best under the constraints of the role he has been told to play.

Yeah I may be wrong, I usually am, but if we get on his back too soon he will stop trying and have his head low. Then we will have a real cause to moan.

Cheer on a player and he perks up no end.

I have to agree with Prisoner, Romey and Mike. This guy frustrates the hell out of me, he obviously has some talent but it just isn't coming through. If he stays then I cannot see him progressing with our style, maybe that's what the problem is, but Moyes isn't going to change his whole ethos for Drenthe. Disappointing showing all round in my eyes, a liabilty waiting to happen with his fancy dan stuff, fine if you can actually do it, if not stop it and concentrate on beating the man.

And for Rubes I do support everyone who pulls on a shirt, I keep my opinions to the pub and on forums such as this, I never boo the team or single out a player at the game because that portrays negativity but each to their own I suppose.

Bs a short answer because hes got 5 assists in something like 7 starts and he's scored 2 aswell. If we didnt have those assists we would be even lower in the table!

free. young. exciting. frustrating. moments of brilliance. moments of stupidity. never boring. big potential profit. hungry to attack and win.

These two answers to sum it up.

I dont think Drenthe is necessarily a bad defender, I just think he lacks concentration when things arent going his way. Lots of players have given the ball away more often than him, but unfortunately when wever he does it, it seems to result in a goal, even when it isnt in a prticularly dangerous area.

For me he has looked worse recently because he has been moved to the left. I know it shouldnt make too much difference but you take away his main weopan... He always wants to attack the goal, from either side, and on the left it means he has to use his weaker foot and it shows.

He needs to learn more and adapt, but I think he has the ability to do so with a consistant run of games and some proper premier league experience under his belt. Providing his wages arent too much I would snap him up in a heartbeat. He would be the second name on my team sheet (behind Felli).

Bs a short answer because hes got 5 assists in something like 7 starts and he's scored 2 aswell. If we didnt have those assists we would be even lower in the table!

I'm going to say yes(depending on the wages as well).

I don't even think he was that bad in the first half. I read he was a liability in the match day thread, but I couldn't really see what he did wrong at the time (and I can't now). He only gave three stray passes all game, he did his job tracking Richards, he got a couple of interceptions and he actually won a lot of tackles (7, he only lost 6).