IGNORED

England

57 minutes ago, johnh said:

In the Telegraph sport today,  the 'man marking' gave Oxlade Chamberlain 3.  I think it was out of 10 but may have been 100.

Star-3 "Truly dire"

Mail-5 "Slump continues"

BBC-4 "Desperately poor"

Express-4 "Disappointing"

Mirror-4 "Very poor"

Football365- "Touched the ball 32 times but we are not entirely sure he was ever once in full control of said ball. How odd that a man not playing for his club (apart from the occasional few minutes when he has been playing badly for his club) would struggle when playing for England? When Jesse Lingard comes on and does more in his first 6.3 minutes than you manage in 63 minutes, you know you have had a bad night."

Article on the BBC about what England need to succeed in Russia; they could have summed it up in two words, "A miracle" but chose to go into more depth. When talking about a midfielder to create chances they discussed everyone bar Barkley, then put up the following graphic of chances created per ninety minutes:rolleyes:.

image.png.b37f28f38c4ed2b42374209e389cb912.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503064

Does anyone look at Southgate and think "stop doing that 'studious manager' act".......  the posturing on the touch line with a furrowed brow, arms folded.....

Its not washing with me at all.... get in the stands and watch the game with a birds eye view. 

seen an hilarious tweet last night "gareth southgate stops at traffic lights on grand theft auto"

1 hour ago, hafnia said:

Does anyone look at Southgate and think "stop doing that 'studious manager' act".......  the posturing on the touch line with a furrowed brow, arms folded.....

Its not washing with me at all.... get in the stands and watch the game with a birds eye view. 

seen an hilarious tweet last night "gareth southgate stops at traffic lights on grand theft auto"

Yes,  he does almost look as if he knows what's going on.

3 hours ago, MikeO said:

Article on the BBC about what England need to succeed in Russia; they could have summed it up in two words, "A miracle" but chose to go into more depth. When talking about a midfielder to create chances they discussed everyone bar Barkley, then put up the following graphic of chances created per ninety minutes:rolleyes:.

image.png.b37f28f38c4ed2b42374209e389cb912.png

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/41503064

Wow. I completely forgot Barkley was still here for a split second.

My hate for the FA and the English management is summed up in this squad and with the inclusion of Winks. I like the player, I think he has a future but Davies is far better, has played more PL games and crucially he can actually attack and defend. Yet today it is Winks getting his first England cap purely because he plays for Spurs.

It's no wonder Ross wants to move South.

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Probably because Baines is old and has lost the ability to put a decent cross in. Not to mention he’s never looked good for England. 

He is still better than Cresswell generally and a better passer/crosser. I'm not sure he has found a man yet.

• 4 weeks later...

Only Pickford in the senior squad, which I can't complain about on current form. What is worrying though is that Tammy Abraham and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have been given first call ups. What will the likes of DCL and Davies make of that? It's ok if you play for a shit team, as long as you're only on loan from Chelsea, you still have an England career? Whereas if you play game in, game out for Everton....

8 minutes ago, nogs said:

Only Pickford in the senior squad, which I can't complain about on current form. What is worrying though is that Tammy Abraham and Ruben Loftus-Cheek have been given first call ups. What will the likes of DCL and Davies make of that? It's ok if you play for a shit team, as long as you're only on loan from Chelsea, you still have an England career? Whereas if you play game in, game out for Everton....

Davies has been shit, doesn't deserve a call up.  DCL maybe but he can't find the back of the net and Abraham can.  Don't think it's big club biased at all.  If anything your blue tinted glasses are the bias here.

The good: Pickford, Stones, Trippier, Loftus Cheek. The latter has surprised me with how well he has played.

The bad or out of depth: Gomez, Livermere,  Abraham and to an extent McGuire. All bar Livermore look like they will develop to be part of the squad though. Livermore is just garbage.

11 hours ago, Bailey said:

The good: Pickford, Stones, Trippier, Loftus Cheek. The latter has surprised me with how well he has played.

The bad or out of depth: Gomez, Livermere,  Abraham and to an extent McGuire. All bar Livermore look like they will develop to be part of the squad though. Livermore is just garbage.

Livermore is just about good enough to play in the Championship.

Livermore had one of the best chances in the first-half.  On the edge of the area, a bit more time than you usually get at that level,  and the replay showed that he scuffed the shot, almost hitting it with his heel when trying to side-foot it.  Out of his depth.  Thought Trippier looked promising.  Maguire made a couple of  errors but didn't think he played that bad.  Overall, as a team, England performed  better and were more positive than in recent games.

Hate international breaks, even more so when they are 'friendlies'.

3 hours ago, johnh said:

Livermore had one of the best chances in the first-half.  On the edge of the area, a bit more time than you usually get at that level,  and the replay showed that he scuffed the shot, almost hitting it with his heel when trying to side-foot it.  Out of his depth.  Thought Trippier looked promising.  Maguire made a couple of  errors but didn't think he played that bad.  Overall, as a team, England performed  better and were more positive than in recent games.

Hate international breaks, even more so when they are 'friendlies'.

Yeh Maguire improved as the game went on. I suspect though that he would be found out when the games get serious. Stones bailed him out a few times.

Certainly the best performance under Southgate however if that was in the WC, Germany would have put at least a couple past us.