IGNORED

Drenthe sacked?

c1982

I dont disagree with what your saying there, I just think a manager with the attitude to improve him rather than change him will get the best out of him.

A manager like Kevin Keegan would have him scoring and making goals for fun. He did it with Asprilla who was a nut job of the highest order. He just needs the right kind of nurturing, and he hasnt had it yet.

We could still be talking about these goals and assists if he had of not breached club rules...

Asprilla is the perfect Roy e.g. Newcastle top of the league when he signed then lost out to man.utd - Asprilla rocked the ship at them mid-season and Newcastle threw away a huge lead... Asprilla was shite in the PL!

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't the only club he really kicked off at hercules when he wasn't gettin paid? he whinged at feyenoord a bit cos he wanted to leave to madrid which is fair enough...and complained a bit about not gettin played there after playin most the first season..has he really dicked about that much? serious question as i'm not sure

SteveO the guys gotta help himself to start thats what you seem to missing mate!

The guy is said to have turned up for training late multiple times, one on the day of an FA semi final.

Then theres the talk of his drinking and partying, yes it may all be rumours but i have not seen the guy come out and say anything to make me believe otherwise.

I am still to see the guy come in and work his arse off to get the fans on his side.

to me...and this is just personally....that shows a lack of respect for the manager and club. for this alone it would be him that needs to prove to me.

How much do you get paid mate? you are comparing your job with being a proffesional footballer ion the public eye. no comparison.

Dont get me wrong i think he is a talented guy. i would love to see him come out and prove himself. But as it stands at the moment for me the trouble is not worth it.

If we had an array of attacking talent I would have no issue with Moyes taking this stance, the reality is that Drenthe knows he is better than most at the club - Moyes should have used him for the benefit of the club. It's a tough one, I think Drenthe needs an arm round his shoulder not the other.

SteveO the guys gotta help himself to start thats what you seem to missing mate!

The guy is said to have turned up for training late multiple times, one on the day of an FA semi final.

Then theres the talk of his drinking and partying, yes it may all be rumours but i have not seen the guy come out and say anything to make me believe otherwise.

I am still to see the guy come in and work his arse off to get the fans on his side.

to me...and this is just personally....that shows a lack of respect for the manager and club. for this alone it would be him that needs to prove to me.

How much do you get paid mate? you are comparing your job with being a proffesional footballer ion the public eye. no comparison.

Dont get me wrong i think he is a talented guy. i would love to see him come out and prove himself. But as it stands at the moment for me the trouble is not worth it.

I agree he needs to help himself, but he also needs nurturing.

I know I dont get the wage or publicity of a footballer, the point im making is people make these mistakes in every different career in the world. People need support and nurturing to get the best out of them, not just slam a door in their face.

The guy clearly has some issues that need to be worked out, if he didnt we wouldnt have a look in at getting him.

He may have been given a chance to sort his career out at Everton, but we also had the chance to get a player who would have been out of our range if he didnt have these problems.

A bit of give and take could have worked a treat, from both parties.

As talented as he is and despite the fact that he offers more attacking threat than anybody else we currently have, I feel he causes too much disruption. Turning up late impacts on training tactics, etc. He didn't take the FA semi that seriously, otherwise he would have been on time. It can cause issues with team mates if it's one rule for one, etc.

Guest blueboy122

Nobody exactly knows why he turned up late, he could have just had one of those morning where he slepts through his alarm and then turned over and saw the time was 10 to 9 or what ever. We have all had days like that, however I do agree that he seem a character to cause disruption. Theres no way I would want to risk our team spirit for the sake of one talented player, as the team spirit we seem to have cant be bought, we cant buy players of drenthe quality eithier so thats why I am stuck in two minds!!

• 3 weeks later...
The guy is a fucking idiot, he seems to think he can just walk back into a club, and that Feyenoord actually want him, and if not then he is going to call them and tell them. Drenthe needs a serious reality check, he's a failed individual who can't establish a career anywhere and should probably save everyone the bother and take early retirement then he can just move back to Rotterdam, which is essentially what he wants.

man you seriously have an issue with this guy don't ya? what's wrong with saying he wants to go back there? i don't think it warrants kicking off at him

No, i have no issues with him other than the fact that he thinks he's some sort of footballing genius, and he's not, we gave him an amazing oppertunity to rebuild his career and he through it in our faces, and once again he seems to think he's just going to walk back to Feyenoord, er Royston mate, they might not even want you. thats all.

For all he bought something new to the table for us, and it is a shame it did'nt work out, you can't deny Drenthe as a person is a complete tool.

Edited by theprisoner

No, i have no issues with him other than the fact that he thinks he's some sort of footballing genius, and he's not, we gave him an amazing oppertunity to rebuild his career and he through it in our faces, and once again he seems to think he's just going to walk back to Feyenoord, er Royston mate, they might not even want you. thats all.

For all he bought something new to the table for us, and it is a shame it did'nt work out, you can't deny Drenthe as a person is a complete tool.

Have to agree with this, the guy has obviously got talent but seems intent on pissing on his chips at every club he plays for. I think it's time he and a few others in the footballing world had a reality check! They are paid thousands of pounds a week to kick a football, show some humility, there are people at there doing much more important things for far less money!

Having said all that, it's a shame he didn't fit in with us, he is class going foward, loved the way he cuts in towards the box. Ah well it's not to be!

man you seriously have an issue with this guy don't ya? what's wrong with saying he wants to go back there? i don't think it warrants kicking off at him

I agree... Someone has obviously asked a question and he has replied, a bit like when Heitinga speaks about Ajax. We dont even know what has gone on with him and the club FFS even if we can probably have a good guess!

he does seem a tool but i don't think it's all that necessary to have a go at him for wantin to go back to his home club but fair enough

Yeah but he's not wanting though is he, he is just assuming they want him back and if not he can just get on the blower and ask them to come back, Feyenoord hav'nt gone out of their way to show interest in him over the last few years, so why does he assume they are going to want him back all of a sudden, i just think he needs a MASSIVE reality check, thats all.

Drenthe was being asked about Feyenoord. The interviewer noted that he talked very passionately about them and asked whether he'd be happy if Feyenoord called him concerning a return to the club, he then smiled and answered "maybe i'll call them". Don't see anything wrong in that, pretty innocent. Anyway, he won't be here next year. Let's all move on.

Edited by Steve_E

Drenthe was being asked about Feyenoord. The interviewer noted that he talked very passionately about them and asked whether he'd be happy if Feyenoord called him concerning a return to the club, he then smiled and answered "maybe i'll call them". Don't see anything wrong in that, pretty innocent. Anyway, he won't be here next year. Let's all move on.

Pretty much what I was going to say. He's a great footballer but he's let himself down by being a dick, he reminds me a lot of Andy van der Meyde. I really wanted VDM to do well here and I thought he was a quality player it's just that he too let himself down by getting on Moyes' nerves. I coulden't really care less the ins and outs of what he has done, he's spoiled it for himself and I'll agree with Moyes decision to bin him off (after all he is the manager). If Drenthe moves on then good luck to him, I don't hate the guy I just wish he would have knuckled down at Goodison as he could have been a real fan favourite.

Like Steve said, let's move on.

If you read what Drenthe says, I dont think he is necessarily calling him racist but thats its more of a cultural thing. Obviously he doesnt like that these Argentines (including the 2 Real Madrid players as well) call him it, but I think he realises that they dont mean it negatively.