Drenthe sacked?

c1982

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest blueboy122

So much ability, its such a shame.

Spot on, I hate it when we have players like this at the club because I am so desperate for them to show the world what they can do. Van Der Meyde was another one maybe even Bilyaletdinov

I wouldnt call a wide player disappointing when he has scored & created as many as Drenthe has in limited opportunities when we were playing really shite football.

Its a shame that not all is right between the ears with him, but I imagine he could be managed by someone that isnt so strict/disciplined as Moyes.

I wouldnt call a wide player disappointing when he has scored & created as many as Drenthe has in limited opportunities when we were playing really shite football.

Its a shame that not all is right between the ears with him, but I imagine he could be managed by someone that isnt so strict/disciplined as Moyes.

He's had more time and opportunities at the club this season than Pienaar and not made anywhere near the impact.

Drenthe has undoubtedly got talent but it isn't just disciplinarians like Moyes he has had problems with, he's had problems at each of his last 3 clubs. He's got to deal with his personal issues before his football improves again.

A move back to Feyenoord would probably suit him best but he'll end up wherever's paying him the most money and soon become disillusioned!

pienaar was used to the team...has been here before and has had a run of games...drenthe has made 11 goals in limited time...again how is that nowhere near the impact? he can make goals from nothing and has dragged us back into games on his own

True, but he is still a nob though biggrin.png

We gave him an amazing chance to rebuild his career, and he fucked it up.

Edited by theprisoner

Drenthe's goals - Last minute against Wigan in a 3-1 win, 2nd minute v Fulham in a 3-1 win, 1st minute v Blackpool in a 2-0 win, 30th minute v QPR in a 1-1 draw. None of those sound like he's dragged us back into games on his own.

I admit that he's an exciting player but he's not a world beater, he's not the best midfielder at our club and he gives up possession way too easy for my liking.

Drenthe's goals - Last minute against Wigan in a 3-1 win, 2nd minute v Fulham in a 3-1 win, 1st minute v Blackpool in a 2-0 win, 30th minute v QPR in a 1-1 draw. None of those sound like he's dragged us back into games on his own.

I admit that he's an exciting player but he's not a world beater, he's not the best midfielder at our club and he gives up possession way too easy for my liking.

the assists too...norwich jumps straight to mind in a game he dragged us back into...i'm not saying he's a world beater at all but anyone who dismisses he has had an impact obviously doesn't think

Guest blueboy122

This is a type of player which will always divide fans, I however can see both sides of the arguments however I would like him just because of the impact he can have and the talent that he posess. Someone has previously mentioned that if we signed him we could always shift him for a few million if things didnt work out. I would love to know what he actually is like though from the other players points of view.

Not worth wasting your time using stats against a Pienaar fan, they don't believe in them as they never mention that touch to Baines 6 passes before a goal that should obviously be credited to Pienaar cos he is a footballing god dry.png

Guest blueboy122

Not worth wasting your time using stats against a Pienaar fan, they don't believe in them as they never mention that touch to Baines 6 passes before a goal that should obviously be credited to Pienaar cos he is a footballing god dry.png

Haha quality.

I wish it had worked out with Drenthe. He obviously has ability and he started out making all the right noises but he's let himself down. Go and read about his time at Hercules last season after a really bright start. There's a pattern to his behaviour.

I'm not trying to big up Pienaar, I'm using it as a reference to outline how Drenthe has wasted his opportunity.

Feel free to remind me of my 'wrong' opinion when he has a storming season for Liverpool biggrin.png

Trying to turn Drenthe into a Moyesesque footballer is like trying to teach a dog not not to bark at a cat - waste of time.

Moyes likes players who keep shape, stay defensively focused, keep disciplined, play the percentages - basically non risk.

I'm not saying Drenthe is a saint - but I tell you one thing he would not have played a timid role against Liverpool at Wembley, their keeper would have had shots to save, Jelavic would have had service, and yes maybe Phil Nev and co would have had to shout at him a few times.

Somewhere between Moyes cagey, negative tactics and Drenthes carefree, let's have a go and attack midset is the answer to the perfect player and manager mentality. Unfortunately I do not subscribe to the mindset that we have to have 11 rigid, disciplined players on the pitch - that is why I look at Moyes and get annoyed. A team of Kilbanes indeed.

Guest blueboy122

drives me mad too...did ferguson stifle ronaldo cos of it?

and before anyone jumps on me i'm not sayin drenthe is close to ronaldo in terms of talent

I understand the point though, I watched Real vs Bayern the other night and I noticed that Ronaldo hardly ever tracks back if at all, but he sure makes up with it with his forward play in terms of goals and assists. Drenthe is great to have in the squad, I would more or less start him against every team apart from the likes of Arsenal United etc where we do need players tracking back. However against anyone outside the top 4 he is brilliant because he creates and scores, and if we are losing a match against one of the top 4 then what a player to bring on and have a go at the opposition.