IGNORED

Wolverhampton Wanderers (Away)

Zoo

Forgive me for making this topic a little early but I am crawling up the walls I'm that bored and needed something to do. So, here you have it, an official matchday thread thanks to Uncle Zoo.

We play Wolverhampton Wanderers on the 6th May 2012 (this Sunday) and anything less than a win would be a massive failure. Wolves are the first team to bite the relegation dust and it's easy to see why - they're wank. Mick McCarthy was sacked early in the season because the board felt that he wasn't doing that good of a job and decided to let Terry O'Connor have a crack at it (although he was worse).

It should be an easy three points for us but we must remain vigilent as they came back from staring defeat at the face against Swansea City when they over-turned a 4-2 defecit into a 4-4 result. It does make me believe however that we should stuff them because if Swansea can put 4 past them then surely we should be able to score about 9 or 10.

So;

Will we win?

Who will play?

Are there any of Wolves' players that you'd like to see at Everton next season?

Will Ian Holloway be their new manager next season?

What's your favourite flavour of crisp?

My prediction: Wolves 0 Everton 6

It won't be so easy. Their players will be hoping to show enough for other teams to take a chance on the =m next season. Maybe an open game as their attacking players will go all out, giving us an easier job on their defenders.

Howard

Hibbert Jags Heitinga Distin

Neville Fellaini

Barkley Osman Pienaar

Jelavic

We can't afford any. If going cheap, Kightly or Jarvis. Rather look else where though.

Maybe Sven or Di Matteo if he doesnt get the Chelsea job.

Favourite crisp: Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle

Wolves 3-5 Everton

Would anybody want to take a risk and give some more youngsters a chance? I know everyone wants to see Barkley play, but how about starting Duffy also? What about Vellios? I guess it's all a balancing act between putting out a strong enough side to hopefully get a result and also giving some youngsters a run out. I wish we played Wolves the last game of the year because we might've already earned 7th and could then experiment.

Jelavic didn't score at the weekend - ship him out! shaking fist.png

Wolverhampton have nothing to play for, just seeing out the last few fixtures with the trapdoor above them so therefore one of two things will occur.

#1 Either a relaxed attitude, last home game of the season, put on a bit of a show for the fans, go out there and just play stress free and enjoy the afternoon.

#2 Vacations booked already for the summer and players will have one eye on a beach in Jamaica in a few weeks and 'stuff how we perform on the day' Attitude, and 'let's just play out the last couple of fixtures and get the season over' etc, 'A big rat's ass to what happens now' etc

That said, I think the former is more likely to occur, they will want to put on a performance for the supporters in the last home game, they're hardly going to roll over and die for this, we will have to work for the three points and even then I'm half thinking they'll be good for at least a share of the spoils.

Wolverhampton 2 Everton 2

It won't be so easy. Their players will be hoping to show enough for other teams to take a chance on the =m next season. Maybe an open game as their attacking players will go all out, giving us an easier job on their defenders.

Howard

Neville Fellaini

Barkley Osman Pienaar

Jelavic

We can't afford any. If going cheap, Kightly or Jarvis. Rather look else where though.

Maybe Sven or Di Matteo if he doesnt get the Chelsea job.

Favourite crisp: Mexican Fiery Sweet Chipotle

Wolves 3-5 Everton

listen he hasnt been as poor as usual but ffs he isnt a midfielder do you go the matches its a must win this game.

think Vic is out too (oh no i hear you all cry). I was going to say this will be a walk in the park, but the way they fought back to draw against Swansea makes me think theyre fighting for pride.

Would like to see another 4+ goal margin but think it will be a hard fought 1-0 win...

listen he hasnt been as poor as usual but ffs he isnt a midfielder do you go the matches its a must win this game.

I hate Neville in midfield, I though he was rested with the games being so close and he'd be fresh for this one and back in the team(with him being a Moyes' favourite an all). No need to be an arse hole though, I haven't been many matches but neither have you or you'd have seen him playing in midfield against Fulham and Utd.

I hate Neville in midfield, I though he was rested with the games being so close and he'd be fresh for this one and back in the team(with him being a Moyes' favourite an all). No need to be an arse hole though, I haven't been many matches but neither have you or you'd have seen him playing in midfield against Fulham and Utd.

I didnt mean it in a nasty way mate and yes i have been to them all except chelsea. He's played imo something like 1 in 7 games to a good enough standard to even be a starter never mind playing next to our best player just bugs me so much that he's seen as a midfielder by some people when he clearly isnt. hes out anyway by what everyone has said I want to see Ross in the middle with fellaini but I dont think moyes is going to do that.

moyes team

howard

hibbert jags johnny distin

osman neville fellaini cahill pienaar

jelevic

my team

hibbert jags johnny distin

barkley fellaini

pienaar osman gueye

jelevic

we really dont have any wide players so i think the best 11 fit is that some may not agree but that team would go to wolves and take the game to them and probably come out with a comfortable victory.

Edited by Blue4Ever

I didnt mean it in a nasty way mate and yes i have been to them all except chelsea. He's played imo something like 1 in 7 games to a good enough standard to even be a starter never mind playing next to our best player just bugs me so much that he's seen as a midfielder by some people when he clearly isnt. hes out anyway by what everyone has said I want to see Ross in the middle with fellaini but I dont think moyes is going to do that.

No worries my team was just what I thought Moyes would pick. I agree Neville should never ever be put in midfield. Osman had played in the middle, and given a kid a chance on the wing. Team v Wolves I'd like to see as we've got nothing to play for we should blood in the kids:

Howard

Gibson Fellaini

Baxter Barkley Pienaar

Jelavic

Subs: Browning, Silva and Vellios

Pity Baines is injured otherwise Duffy should be giving another taster.

Lawro's Prediction for Wolves v Everton (Sunday, 14:00 BST)

I know Wolves showed a bit of spirit to fight back from 4-1 down for a draw at Swansea last week but I cannot see Terry Connor getting a first win as manager here.

Everton will not lie down and they are playing better now than they were before they lost to Liverpool in the FA Cup semi-finals.

They are in mid-table but they still have plenty to play for because they want to finish above the Reds in the table and they are not going to relax now.

Prediction: Wolves 0-2 Everton

Here are all of Lawro's 2011-12 Premier League Predictions, together with how the League Table would look like if all his forecasts were correct...

Lawro's 2011-12 Predictions

no reason duffy can't play cos baines isn't

i'd like to see garbutt brought back for the last 2 games myself

Think Duffy would struggle to help Distin out, plus we need Jags to play and get his value up.

Was thinking that as well, but he's in the play-offs with Cheltenham.

I think we could quite easily play a back 4 of Hibbert Duffy Heitinga and Distin. Distin is experienced and a competent make shift left back. I don't think its a matter of Distin needing help, especially if the alternative of "help" is from Jags happy.png

If we were to play Hibbert, Duffy, Jags, Distin though. No no no no no no no no no no NO!

We scored twice - 1st should have been given and 2nd I've seen given... not seen the pen incident. A game we should have won and a game we would have won with a little more luck!

Osman just inside the box, defender comes across his back leg right infront of the ref. Soft pen to give away, but definitely should have been given, would like to see the ref report to see why it wasnt given.