IGNORED

Bas Dost

He's good. And the type of striker that fits in our game. He's a target man that'll lay the ball off to bring players around him into play and when you feed him crosses he'll score. He's got 31 goals and 8 assists in 33 league games this season and another 6 goals and an assist in 5 Dutch Cup games. A real goalgetter. He's only 22 as well, could be a great backup to Jelavic. He'll be pretty expensive though. The other lad that article says we're following, Luuk de Jong, is even better but we certainly won't get him. Definitely out of our price range.

You've got his name wrong in the topic title btw: Bas Dost.

I honestly thought at first glance the player in question was 'Das Boot', what do we want with a U Boat commander etc..

If we get this player we can send him on as a sub or something..

Could be someone to torpedo the opposition maybe.

In all seriousness, I don't know anything about this player, had a look at some reference page and he's 22 years old, tall and athletic and has a good scoring pedigree in The Netherlands, I'd be curious if nothing else if we could bring him in, but you know how rumors be. Furthermore, he seems happy enough where he is so it looks like any, and all, EPL clubs will miss out on his signature.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

Well, he has played a lot in the Bundesliga and Eredivision as well. 127m/62g in Eredivision, 85/36 in Bundesliga.

jozy altidore tore the eredivise apart and was absolutely worthless in the premier league. means nothing. same with jansen the spurs guy. league inflates stats as it's heavy attack little defending.

not even 1 in 2 on a very good wolfsburg side before they sold everyone in a 1 team league.

for 15-20m sure, but 50m? fuck no.

we've been through this before. more flops than success stories from that league. every once in a while a blind squirrel finds a nut.

Mark, you're just as guilty of turning toward a handful of individuals to make your point about the Dutch league.

And, as an American, you know just as well as I do that Jozy Altidore is an enigmatic bastard. Sometimes he looks unstoppable and sometimes you wonder how anyone ever saw anything in him.

Mark, you're just as guilty of turning toward a handful of individuals to make your point about the Dutch league.

And, as an American, you know just as well as I do that Jozy Altidore is an enigmatic bastard. Sometimes he looks unstoppable and sometimes you wonder how anyone ever saw anything in him.

Agreed, I'm just saying eredivisie is a bad predictor. Suarez and rvp prem records speak for themselves. Dost didn't exactly keep those standards in the bundesliga which is still a step below prem. Went back to goal machine again in Portugal but again a lower league.

I'm all for bas dost, just not at the 50m listed.

Agreed, I'm just saying eredivisie is a bad predictor. Suarez and rvp prem records speak for themselves. Dost didn't exactly keep those standards in the bundesliga which is still a step below prem. Went back to goal machine again in Portugal but again a lower league.

I'm all for bas dost, just not at the 50m listed.

Everton spending 50m on a mercurial striker is a risk I can't see them taking. I'm all for improving the squad. But, that's a risk of a magnitude this club has never seen.

Yeah man, I'm just saying we shouldn't judge players necessarily on the league they come from and its history, but on the qualities of each player's game and what they bring to a team.

• 1 month later...