IGNORED

Kevin Mirallas

Hafnia

If he's like the Bily that played in his debut (before some bastard kidnapped him and replaced him with a talentless clone) then greatsmile.png .

I don't think he's like Bily that much. Mirallas is not that slow for starters. He had a nickname in france that probably suits him quite well: the Ronaldo of the poor.

Edited by Churinga

He said after yesterdays game that he is going to talk to Everton, but he isn't planning on making a decision yet. He's planning on taking his time untill the end of the transfer deadline, as there are other clubs interested. he also says Everton has the advantage of getting more chances to play (so arsenal are probably interested). He also liked the idea of playing with Marouane.

source: http://sporza.be/cm/...irallas_everton

Personally, I haven't followed him in Greece so i can't tell if he will succeed here. always played his games well for the national team, but he lacked finishing back then.

last edit: According to the same article Olympiakos wants 8 million euro for him

Edited by Churinga

Nice find Avin, four year deal sounds good to me as it means we will have him for a long period of time and if anyone wants to try and land him next season they'll have to pay us a pretty penny. I'm ecstatic over this move and I do believe within the next 24/48 hours he'll be seen in Royal Blue.

thats a typical everton board room/kenright thought that.

on topic would be a good signing imagine johnson on loan aswell

Good signing for me if it comes through, player with potential, not the finished article... It's the market we are in!

I think the market we are in is getting the best player for the best price. Do I think Mirallas is a perfect player? No, but when you consider the going rates for unestablished young players I think its a great buy. Not to mention if this goes through we would have beaten a top 4 club for a 1st team player.

I think the market we are in is getting the best player for the best price. Do I think Mirallas is a perfect player? No, but when you consider the going rates for unestablished young players I think its a great buy. Not to mention if this goes through we would have beaten a top 4 club for a 1st team player.

That's the point I was making lol

Off to a remote north pacific island tomorrow at 5am. No internet for 2 weeks. Really hope to see this and another deal (or, if my meteor shower wishing pays off, 2) done when I get back. Sadly going to also miss the opener against United, but I'll be looking to see Mirralas introduced at half time on highlights when I return.

Knock on wood, eh.

Edited by chicagoblue

Kevin is Spanish and Fellaini is Moroccan, so it's going to be paella and tabouleh.

Mirallas was born in Leige, so how is it that he can be Spanish? Also Fellaini's parents were Moroccan, but wasn't he born in Etterbeek Brussels?

I'm thinking Sprouts all round here. happy.png

Edited by Avinalaff

Dont want to get ahead of myself but if we did get him where do you think Moyes would play him?

Looks like a left winger and surely Baines/Pienaar on the left is nailed on?

Behind Jelly? Wide right?

Wide right, problem area. I hope he does anyhow, it will remove the option of playing barkley there. Or in worst case scenarios - anichebe or osman

4-3-3 for me .

They are using a quote he made a 3 days back on that article Av.

Hopeful he will be holding aloft a blue shirt soon.

Let's keep fingers crossed.

To be honest, I'm not overly bothered if he comes or not, as I think we have a bit of talent if we stay injury free, but I'd like to get hold of that Ioannis Fetfatzidis guy, as he looks like a player.

Getting both would be cool.

If Mirallas thinks he will walk into our first eleven though and play every week he needs to be aware that there are one or two decent players in our team that might put up quite a fight.

I have to say that I agree with you Avinalaff. Mirallas looks good but also could be a massive flop, as of all ready mentioned 'time on the ball' and a bit of terrible defending in the clips. Saying that he is an addition that could be handy for us in the tough run in's, and if he turns out as goods he looks then even better! 6mil (or whatever) isn't exactly breaking the bank (well maybe our bank) but he's 24 and will have some sort of sell on value.

I would rather Ioannis Fetfatzidis though, he looks amazing!!