IGNORED

General Weekend/Midweek Football

I agree with both of you. I hate to play conspiracy theorist, but I really feel the Qataris paid off some FIFA voters. I would have even accepted it in Australia -- which somehow only received one vote -- if the USA wasn't chosen. I really think they should consider the human rights abuses when making a choice on where to play the greatest game in the world, so all of the world will feel comfortable enough to attend. I'm not as upset about Russia, but it still seems odd that they would get it, too.

I just get the feeling he's found his level. I have no doubt that he'll get another chance at the highest level at some stage, but seems like the kind of player that'll dominate the Championship and struggle in the Prem. Hope he keeps up his current form though and wish him all the best for the future.

Guest blueboy122

Norwich were desperate to keep hold of him but he couldn't stand living there, and took a considerable wage cut to join Huddersfield.

Really where did you hear that?

Guest blueboy122

James Vaughan just missed a late penalty for Huddersfield v Blackpool (though he got an equaliser earlier)..

and he had a superbly taken goal disallowed. Only watched a handful but he is such a pain in the arse for opposition defenders but also such a good hardworking player. Id gladly swap Jelavic for him lol.

What did Tom Ince play like?

Guest blueboy122

Spurs 1 up against the plastics, I think they are going to be a force this season, they have bought good players, have a good sized squad filled with quality. Not sure if they will win the league but I can see a top three finish!

No not for me will be pushing top 4 at best

He's been in mine from the start, alongside Baines and Yaya Touré one of the few that has stayed there every week so far!

Obviously after our comments they have just conceded.

:lol: Id held my breath with the tackle on Ramieres, flashed across my mind he might get sent off and i'd be without him for the next 3 weeks :lol:

:blink:

last season maybe, not this season.

Not sure what BT Sport are complaining about regarding the Torres second booking, he went to take the player out not play the ball

They've been shite against Arsenal and Chelsea. They get all their points from the bottom half. Had expected them to be a force once they got Soldado, but watching them against the good teams, nothing has changed.

They've been shite against Arsenal and Chelsea. They get all their points from the bottom half. Had expected them to be a force once they got Soldado, but watching them against the good teams, nothing has changed.

They were much better than Chelsea in the first half. Eriksen in particular was playing great.

They kept hold of the ball well, but Chelsea looked the most threatening. If it wasn't for Sigurdsson getting lucky with the run of the ball, I doubt they'd have got a goal today.

I can remember Paulinho hitting the post. I can't recall any of Chelsea's chances in the first half. I think Spurs got some very good chances in the second half as well, like Defoe's shot.

Given the balance of play 1-1 was a fair result. Mata coming on at half-time changed the whole course of the game. Spurs dominated the 1st half and we did the 2nd. Townsend had an embarrasing dive which resulted in a yellow card. And Vertonghen of all people had an even more embarrasing dive against Torres which after Torres outburst resulted in a yellow for Nino. It really was a truly pathetic dive by Vertonghen though, didn't expect that from him, he seems like a leader. The red card shouldn't have been. Both players made a foul and if one received the card so should've the other. Oh well, a point from the Lane is better then nothing. At least Torres played a fantastic 2nd half up until the red, and I hope Mata proved the he belons on the pitch. He was the soul of our team in the 2nd half. Also an assist to Terry's equalizer.