IGNORED

Leeds

MikeO

Im still really pissed at Heitinga for that stamp more than anything. Diouf or not, he can fuck off somewhere else if he wants to do that sort of stuff imo

"Stamp" is a bit dramatic I think....he trod on him; sure he would say it was by accident as he tried to step over....there was certainly no aggressive downward pressure.

Hi all; Leeds fan in peace here. smile.png

Someone linked to your site from one of our forums highlighting how disgruntled you guys were tonight and when I looked through posts I saw a few of you thought we had first team out tonight so just wanted to clear things up; we had six of first team out injured or rested (mostly the former) but - and I only saw it on Sky as I'm not a locally based fan - it looked like we were hungrier for it, even after your second half subs.

You didn't seem to know what to do with Austin (understandable, no team has worked that out yet biggrin.png ) or with young Byram or Tonge creating space while Diouf ran your defence ragged. I actually think you'll do well this season but - ironically a bit like us - you might struggle against teams who set up to hassle you and close you down in a game, which we did tonight. The good news is Austin & Diouf are going nowhere so you're alright until next season!

Also, just wanted to say, top marks from all your fans tonight for collective tribute to Gary Speed, some things are bigger than a football match and our fans uniting tonight was fabulous jump for joy.gif

Wishing your heartfelt luck for the season ahead.

I thought before time this would prove difficult and so it proved, I knew caution should be recommended and the sum total is another cup exit to lower league opposition, too many to mention now. This does constitute an upset, as the opposition are no longer the side they were and have fallen away alarmingly from the club side of recent years. So it's one chance of success gone this season and only the FA cup remains next year. We showed nothing like the desire and ambition of the weekend and Moyes changes the side yet again from a successive formula. They deserved it more, on one rival forum tonight some of their supporters were so euphoric with the result it was as though they had got five numbers on the lotto. Probably the biggest result for them since that shock win over Manchester United in the FA cup a year two ago. I don't think some of us will ever live to see the day when Everton finally manage to win this damn tournament, it won't be in my lifetime I'm sure of it.

Disappointing night for sure, especially after the fine success at Swansea the other day. Too fucking inconsistent ,and Moyes tampers too much with the side and we can dispute it all night, but it's another setback and exit to a lower league side and we only have one chance left to finally win something again for the first time in 18 overdue years this season.

Result feels as lousy as the fucking weather outside this night. Disappointed for sure, that another chance has gone away to win this trophy, and at a relatively early stage, but will be moving on soon enough.

Check out a Leeds site called The Square Ball, I had a look yesterday and they had a pre match talk and about 90 per cent of all replies thought we would run away with this last night by a clear margin, although one or two thought an upset could occur.

We seem to be playing a lot of sides who don't like Cardiff City lately. Going to draw a line under tonight and move on, no good crying over spilt milk.

I'd rather finish one place higher in the league than win the League Cup. It becomes a burden if you are doing well after xmas. Prem teams shouldn't even participate in it, and the Euro spot should be designated to the league as it's the harder competition.

bullshit man...why can't you do both..the squad is big enough to bother with an extra 7-8 games in the season..the fa cup is tougher to win cos people give a shit..and as c said unless that extra place gets us to 4th is no argument..but a few extra cup games shouldn't matter too much

that was not accidental, he meant that, he could have easy stepped over Diouf, it was completely pointless.

I didn't say it was accidental....just that it wasn't a stampsmile.png .

If it was that bad he'd be up on a disrepute charge....and a quick Google of "Heitinga stamp" only brings up this page, so nobody else seems to be talking about it.

I didn't say it was accidental....just that it wasn't a stampsmile.png .

If it was that bad he'd be up on a disrepute charge....and a quick Google of "Heitinga stamp" only brings up this page, so nobody else seems to be talking about it.

so if it's not a stamp, and it is on purpose, what is it classed as then? a step on foul?

and Matt, i think the only reason more is not being made of it is the fact it was Diouf on the receiving end.

Edited by Simon

bit harsh is it not?

No, he looked poor positionally. People are saying he should be playing in the defensive mid role now rather than bringing in hitz. He was ahead of the play and out of position on numerous occasions last night so I wouldn't be confident throwing him in just now. I said he looked good on the ball and I hope he becomes a good player for us but he just doesn't look ready yet.

No, he looked poor positionally. People are saying he should be playing in the defensive mid role now rather than bringing in hitz. He was ahead of the play and out of position on numerous occasions last night so I wouldn't be confident throwing him in just now. I said he looked good on the ball and I hope he becomes a good player for us but he just doesn't look ready yet.

That did look to be the role he was asked to play though, in terms of trying to break forward and make things happen with Felli sitting a little deeper. He didnt looked comfortable doing it and everything was a bit forced. Although I would agree that Hitz (providing he is still decent) should be ahead of him in the pecking order if we sign him.

http://efcfeelinblue.com/letter-from-a-leeds-fan/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=letter-from-a-leeds-fan

Hi

I am a 50 year old Leeds fan and have been attending games at Elland Road for over 45 years now.

Having read all the reports about the so called trouble before, during and after the game the other night come as absolutely no surprise what so ever. Unfortunately here at Leeds we have had to put up with this type of heavy handed Policing since the 80s. They always react first and as ask questions later. They are heavy handed in every situation which does absolutely nothing to diffuse tension but exactly the opposite.

I fully understand that Leeds Utd has like most clubs has it fair share of idiots in fact probably fair to say we have and had MORE than most clubs but the problem with the police is they treat everyone as a potential hooligan or troublemaker and that cannot be right.

Leeds and Everton to my knowledge have never had any real big animosity towards each other and I didn’t expect any problems the other night in fact I was in the pub with a colleague of mine who is a Toffee and he was in his colours and there was absolutely no problem at all. (Mind you with some other clubs that wouldn’t have been the case). The helicopter was total overkill and a big waste of money and the attitude of most, not all of the police were totally unacceptable.

They don’t seem to be intelligent enough to think that there may have been an issue with the Hillsborough findings so recent in everyone’s memory and they should have behaved accordingly with emotions running high. Ever since the miners’ strike of the early 80’s they have acted this way and some of the things I have seen you probably wouldn’t believe.

Good Luck for the rest of the season

Mark Sutcliffe

Just before this fades from view, or becomes old news, our starting XI at Elland Road last Tuesday, contained not one English (born) player, I believe that's the first time it's ever occured in (thus far) complete (?!) Toffee history (for all competitions)

Mucha

Heitinga

• Distin
  • Coleman
  • Oviedo

Fellaini

• Francisco Junior
  • Mirallas

Naismith

• Gueye
  • Anichebe
  • and who did Leeds get to play in the next round for their endeavors last week and game successors? - Southampton at home..