IGNORED

FM2013

Matt

There is tutorial boxes, but you will already be used to most the functions from Champ man. The main thing to get used to is the 'next button' being in a different part of the screen. There's a basic mode in the new one if you cant be arsed faffin' about, if you've got time to spare its worth having a look at the 2012 demo on Steam or wait 2 weeks for the 2013 demo for a pre-game warm up.

2008 and 2009 stole months off me... There is no way I could buy that game now and remain married.

There's nothing quite like getting some top scouts on board who can spot players with potential, buying the player for peanuts and then watching their attributes go through the roof with your expensively assembled coaches. It is pure addiction.

If you love her, let her go :)

That's like one of the quotes you see when you review hours played such as "turning your underpants inside out saves on needing to spend time washing"

"Who needs friends anyway"

"Food is over rated"

It can get like that.

Oh, we never go there.

Too much propensity for violence. We can do without any of that.

Actually, come to think of it, just on this subject, I was thinking Pringles, I mean people make a song and dance about these damn things and they're just a dime a dozen different flavored eats in a cardboard tin ?

Yes, they're over rated. Think I found a classic example there.

I was just thinking about this when I was making my tea (roast chicken wraped in bacon with stuffing, sausages, hash browns and gravy if anyone is interested) but do I buy FM or FIFA? I cant get both, not when call of duty is on the way, and AC. If I get both i'lll be stuck in the house all alone. With more time for gaming though, so its a tough choice.

FM, FIFA, COD or AC?

Or all of the above and more time to myself but pay the bills all on my own?

Damn, my poor grammar!

Actually your grammar was spot on for what you meant...was my understanding that was offsad.png .

If you'd have meant you didn't like it it would have had an apostrophe in (as in chicken is shit).

Although I didn't actually mean that you should buy a live chicken....I meant a dead one and they neither shit or taste shitlaugh.png .

Football Manager Edition 2013. Matthew wanted to know if he'd made a wise purchase.

This Football Manager sounds like a series of games, like Actua Soccer, it doesn't sound to me like a standalone game release. I used to get involved in these things at some point in time, hell I can even remember getting involved in block soccer on the Binatone back around 1979, before more developed software was introduced with the advent of the 1980s. Best type of game for what we have here, and I ever played, was Actua Soccer 3 or 4 released about seven years ago, it was just right, addictive for a time and fun to play, but I don't like these games too complex.

Actually your grammar was spot on for what you meant...was my understanding that was offsad.png .

If you'd have meant you didn't like it it would have had an apostrophe in (as in chicken is shit).

Although I didn't actually mean that you should buy a live chicken....I meant a dead one and they neither shit or taste shitlaugh.png .

But Mike, I already bought a dead chicken. Then I cooked it, and eat it. Then it ended up as StevO shit, which I normally save for TT.

I was just thinking about this when I was making my tea (roast chicken wraped in bacon with stuffing, sausages, hash browns and gravy if anyone is interested)

That was the most British thing I've ever heard.

Anyway, like someone else said, Football Manager is basically a drug. My only complaint about it is how they do a pretty crappy job of setting up North American leagues but I doubt anyone here cares about that. It's scary how detailed the game is.

• 4 weeks later...

im only on my second season, but i finished fourth in my first season, got Odjidja in for £1.5m rising to £2.5m (i think) and he's done well also managed to get Alan Dzagoev (sp?) in for free in january which was a great free signing. Oviedo has been a beast! so much so i rejected a £15m offer from Spurs for him! (playing him left wing) finished fourth and got a transfer budget of £450k laugh.png managed to get another Belgian DM in on a free, was on loan at inter but played for Bologna but cant remember his name! and managed to sell Gibson for £2.5m (was shite for me) to Swansea, and got Clyne in for the same fee, rising to £5m.

And Nobody will buy Anichebe! tried to ship him out straight away but the best i could get was a loan at Undinese, think he got like 6 in 32 games, Championship teams even turn their nose up at him! :lol:

Edited by GoodisonRoad

im only on my second season, but i finished fourth in my first season, got Odjidja in for £1.5m rising to £2.5m (i think) and he's done well also managed to get Alan Dzagoev (sp?) in for free in january which was a great free signing. Oviedo has been a beast! so much so i rejected a £15m offer from Spurs for him! (playing him left wing) finished fourth and got a transfer budget of £450k laugh.png managed to get another Belgian DM in on a free, was on loan at inter but played for Bologna but cant remember his name! and managed to sell Gibson for £2.5m (was shite for me) to Swansea, and got Clyne in for the same fee, rising to £5m.

Yeah I got a Euro spot my first season but the lack of a transfer budget was my downfall in EPL the second season (I finished 10th or something). Luckily, I went to the finals in Euro and reached the finals of the FA Cup, so I got a ton of revenue that way and now I have a decent transfer budget. Gibson's been a monster for me, weird to see that he failed for you.

Yeah I got a Euro spot my first season but the lack of a transfer budget was my downfall in EPL the second season (I finished 10th or something). Luckily, I went to the finals in Euro and reached the finals of the FA Cup, so I got a ton of revenue that way and now I have a decent transfer budget. Gibson's been a monster for me, weird to see that he failed for you.

Thats what im fearful of going into this season, started off okay though, 2 wins and a loss and draw. Gibson got a bit overshadowed by Odidja tbh, i played Fellaini as a Ball winning midfielder, Odidja as a Deep lying playmaker and Dzagoev/Pienaar playing behind Jelavic. But because Odidja seemed to get so many more assists, i kept him in. He got 12 assists, same as Aguero who was top in the PL charts.