IGNORED

Tim Cahill On Loan?

Cahill was a fan favorite, but nowhere near club legend, but his time here has now been spent. As mentioned, he could only be used ideally for bit parts and is sadly no longer the play we once knew, and dare we say it, not even needed anymore ?

Was a great club servant and provided some class and memorable moments, but as of now, a return in any capacity really isn't necessary or even required. Heads need to rule hearts on this.

Cahill was a fan favorite, but nowhere near club legend, but his time here has now been spent. As mentioned, he could only be used ideally for bit parts and is sadly no longer the play we once knew, and dare we say it, not even needed anymore ?

Was a great club servant and provided some class and memorable moments, but as of now, a return in any capacity really isn't necessary or even required. Heads need to rule hearts on this.

I think the word legend is overused.

What defines a legend? For me, it's the players I remember most fondly, and not whether they played in a cup winning side. Tim will be remembered by many, and to those people, he may well be a legend.

Club Legends - Southall, Hickson, Lawton, Dean, Sharp, Labone, Ratcliffe etc. Same as with Ferguson, Cahill simply doesn't fall into the top category. I think we remember them both as something of a memorable player or fan favorite but they will never reach legendary status in the simpest terms. Not as with the names first listed.

Fellaini will be another name to add to the Ferguson/Cahill level when he finally leaves and not 'club legend'. Sorry, but he's nowhere even near it, despite being the player he is and what he contributes more often than not. It's more fan euphoria than actual legendary status.

"There is no shadow of a doubt, I am eager to come back.

“Hopefully something can be done. It would be nice but it is not down to me.

“I have to respect that sometimes the ship has sailed.”

I'm with you guys, it's just not worth it. He's scored 1 in 12 in the MLS and is hoping to return on loan..

I'm with you guys, it's just not worth it. He's scored 1 in 12 in the MLS and is hoping to return on loan..

I don't think this tells the whole story. I can't even count the number of shots he had that barely missed going in. Sure, you can say that for all strikers, but it was at the point where it was absurd. Also, his workrate created a number of goals for the team even if he didn't physically put the ball in the net himself. The general consensus among Red Bull fans is that, while we definitely would have liked to see some better production, he was a bit unlucky and it's unfair to judge the guy coming into MLS and a new continent midseason.

My stance on a Cahill loan remains the same as it was; from a Red Bull New York perspective, I want him to go on loan because it would be good for him. From an Everton perspective, though, I'm not nearly as eager for it to happen. I do also believe, though, that nothing BAD could happen because he came here on loan. And he'd be a good presence in the locker room and a decent option for the bench for instances where we need a goal with 10 minutes or so remaining.

Maybe some things are just left best in the past.

Cahill would be good for morale, and his presence at the club once again may be of slight significance or give players a boost of minor proportions, but apart from that, I do hope he doesn't come back in any playing capacity. If we could get Henry instead though, despite being of a greater age ?, I'd maybe jump at the chance to take him on loan. What a name that would be to have on board, but it does look unlikely and Cahill looks better equipped to arrive than the other.

• 3 weeks later...

I don't see Donovan going anywhere on loan. Needs a break from football and is even considering retirement. I think he wants to sort things out in his life and find happiness or something along those lines (Seems emotionally depressed to be honest)... If he did go on loan, I doubt he'd go anywhere but here, and he's said that he wouldn't really want to go on loan to England anywhere but here. Not sure how I feel about Cahill, and whether both sides want to make a loan happen, and I'm not sure if he'd consider going on loan elsewhere.

Even Timmy said in effect that you have to admit to yourself that the boat has sailed.

Love him in a manly way if we must, but FFS realise that when he left he was at least a season past his best. I prefer to remember him as he was.....see Paul McCartney if you need any further proof.

Thanks Timmy, you are IMO a true Evertonian, welcome at Goodison at any time. Take the applause........but leave your boots at home:)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

a very annoying banner covering the first part of the text. You cant get rid of it either (at least not with chrome) So I cant read the first 5-6 rows. Its the same with every article.

I use chrome and I'm not having that issue.

Tim is pure class. I'm excited to see his contributions to Red Bull New York this year. There's chatter that he deserves and perhaps might even deserve the captain's armband, which would be pretty incredible considering Thierry Frickin' Henry owned it last season.