IGNORED

Tim Cahill On Loan?

I disagree. I've been reasonably pleased with Naismith's performances this season and I think he'll do better in that position than on the wing too. Really don't see the point of such a short loan if it's not to fill an essential gap. Just trust the players you have.

I don't either. That's why I wouldn't want Cahill. Only made the comment about Dempsey to state my preference of the two. I should have clarified that my initial comment was referencing if we needed another bench player.

Ideally, we'd buy a decent youngster with loads of potential.

Second choice is loaning in a proven prem-player to last the season.

Third choice is short-term loan in a proven prem-player.

Can I remind everyone that Cahill was essentially done before he left us and with all due respect to my US based cousins the MLS is only slightly less of a banjo league than when I returned to Blighty in 2005. Always welcome back as a fan of course. Legend.

Edited by weebittight

I'm sorry, but I just can't watch MLS games. It's like watching League 1 teams playing - and without the passion. The US has a long way to go before it has quality teams.

It's really shite, makes the SPL look like a top league. In saying that it's gradually getting better.

Cahill would probably be a backwards step for you. He was a good player in terms of what he offered for you in the past, but he's pretty old now and doesn't have the link-up game to play for a team who seem to be evolving their style. Doesn't seem like a Martinez type of player at all.

I'd like Cahill back on loan.....just for the liverpool game, he can sit on the bench, he can pass out the water bottles, he can run up and down the sideline, he can do warm ups, stretches and put his arse in Bendas face.............no,no he's not actually coming on, he's just there to wind up the rs!............they really hated him and there was no better Blue for Derby day than Tim.

Never forget the sight of Alonso laying on the turf with Tims elbow wedged nicely across his windpipe, also tiny Tim leaping above the giants of anfield to nod the ball into the back of the net.They never could get the hang of Tim.

• 3 weeks later...

Damn... I thought it was going to be another article of him talking good about Everton. He can't come back, unless he wants to coach, otherwise no thanks Tim. Sorry, but you're not good enough for our team now, nor do I think he'd fit in with RMs way of playing...

Timmy scored the only goal in a 1-0 win over Costa Rica in Sydney. Didn't do much else though...a real 'off the bench' scorer is our Tim. Perhaps not the right player for us any more under Martinez but he still knows where the goal is.

As an aside, Oviedo played most of the game for CR and performed well under difficult circumstances as CR were under the cosh for a large proportion of the game.

• 1 year later...

If he's a free agent he can join at any time so this doesn't have to be done today.

Hopenot though, love him. He's a true blue but we're not in the business of sentiment. As a coach yes player no.

Would love him back as a coach. Could be a future Everton manager if he plays his cards right