IGNORED

Tim Cahill On Loan?

I use chrome and I'm not having that issue.

Tim is pure class. I'm excited to see his contributions to Red Bull New York this year. There's chatter that he deserves and perhaps might even deserve the captain's armband, which would be pretty incredible considering Thierry Frickin' Henry owned it last season.

I amdry.png .

Might be a UK IP issue. All UK residents? (im in sweden but we have a UK IP number at work)

• 3 months later...

Why do Americans always have to be different? They call their goalkeepers 'Goaltenders' according to that video. Just keep it the fucking same.

That broadcast is from Canada biggrin.png

In hockey it's called a "goaltender" so I'm assuming that's how that happened. I've honestly never heard an American broadcaster call it anything other than a goalkeeper. As for the football vs soccer thing... I have no answer for that. Stupidity.

I think we all miss Tim. Could have done with an on form younger Cahill this year.

Still support the fact that Everton let him go when they did.

Probably kept him one season too many.....but boy, when he was good, he was really good.

You have to wonder what a fully fit, younger, in form Cahill could do in a team with Pienaar and Baines down one wing and Mirallas and Coleman down the other, with Cahill just behind an inform Jelavic....but then I always did want everything!

• 5 months later...

No rumors to report but I felt this was worthy of a bump.

On Sunday, Tim scored this fucking beautiful goal to break the record for fastest goal in MLS history. Not only is the goal insane, but the context makes it that much better. It was on the road and in the second-to-last game of the season. Red Bull NY needed to win in order to stay on top of the table, and obviously that goal gave us the best possible start. We went on to win 3-0.

So now we head home to play our final match of the season on Sunday. There are a few different scenarios that could play out, but this much is for sure; a win would guarantee finishing at the top and giving us our first trophy in our 17-year history. I don't know the perfect comparison for EPL but we're well known for our trophy drought here in the U.S. Like the Cubs in baseball. I guess Man City before the Aguero goal is a good comparison. If we manage to win this trophy then Tim is a lock to enter our all-time XI and be a team legend.

Sell outs are a rarity in MLS, but RBNY have already announced one for this game and we're 6 days away from the actual game. If we get the trophy. MLS might move the time of the game for the sake of creating the most drama or changing the TV schedule, but as of right now the game is probably going to be Sunday at 5PM Eastern Time. I believe that's 10PM in London. Hopefully a few of you will be able to tune in because it's going to be American soccer (football) and MLS at its absolute best.

No rumors to report but I felt this was worthy of a bump.

On Sunday, Tim scored this fucking beautiful goal to break the record for fastest goal in MLS history. Not only is the goal insane, but the context makes it that much better. It was on the road and in the second-to-last game of the season. Red Bull NY needed to win in order to stay on top of the table, and obviously that goal gave us the best possible start. We went on to win 3-0.

So now we head home to play our final match of the season on Sunday. There are a few different scenarios that could play out, but this much is for sure; a win would guarantee finishing at the top and giving us our first trophy in our 17-year history. I don't know the perfect comparison for EPL but we're well known for our trophy drought here in the U.S. Like the Cubs in baseball. I guess Man City before the Aguero goal is a good comparison. If we manage to win this trophy then Tim is a lock to enter our all-time XI and be a team legend.

Sell outs are a rarity in MLS, but RBNY have already announced one for this game and we're 6 days away from the actual game. If we get the trophy. MLS might move the time of the game for the sake of creating the most drama or changing the TV schedule, but as of right now the game is probably going to be Sunday at 5PM Eastern Time. I believe that's 10PM in London. Hopefully a few of you will be able to tune in because it's going to be American soccer (football) and MLS at its absolute best.

Good luck to you guys. My favorite team, Seattle, was atop of the Western Conference(rival Portland is in first now) for most of the season and have suddenly ceased all ability to play the game. We need one win to make it to the playoffs with only two matches remaining.

I'm sorry, but I just can't watch MLS games. It's like watching League 1 teams playing - and without the passion. The US has a long way to go before it has quality teams.

I disagree with you here, and the "without the passion" comment makes me question the last time you watched a game.

And I would argue that most MLS teams would be able to compete shoulder-to-shoulder in the Championship.

Edited by TonkaRoost

Don't want donovan, don't want Cahill, don't want dempsey..... If we are to buy backup I would wnt us to buy young talent, diesnt have to be in t his country.... So we can look to the future a nd not to give t hem back when there season starts.... We end up going back ten steps when we get into a decent positions near the end if the season. That feeling that were missing something isn't healthy.

Don't want donovan, don't want Cahill, don't want dempsey..... If we are to buy backup I would wnt us to buy young talent, diesnt have to be in t his country.... So we can look to the future a nd not to give t hem back when there season starts.... We end up going back ten steps when we get into a decent positions near the end if the season. That feeling that were missing something isn't healthy.

to be honest, I think most of us would rather invest in a young talent. Trouble is, they tend to be big money or hard to find. Meanwhile, these seasoned pros with masses of experience and proven goal scoring capabilities in the EPL are a decent temporary solution, emphasis on temporary

to be honest, I think most of us would rather invest in a young talent. Trouble is, they tend to be big money or hard to find. Meanwhile, these seasoned pros with masses of experience and proven goal scoring capabilities in the EPL are a decent temporary solution, emphasis on temporary

This.

Yeah, I would love to buy a future World-class player, but we need the funds first. Temporary is the key word indeed.

Do we really need another player for the bench though? I don't think we should loan either Dempsey or Cahill because we've already got Barkley to start and Naismith and Osman to sub in when necessary.

If our only options are Naisy and Osman, then yes. I don't think we need Cahill, and I would take Dempsey over him, but we need higher quality depth in one player or another. Osman has been terrible for most of the season, and Naismith - even though he works hard - isn't really going to provide that extra bit of technical skill we need.

We need another midfielder who can play behind the striker and offer us just as much as Barkley.

Edited by TonkaRoost

If our only options are Naisy and Osman, then yes. I don't think we need Cahill, and I would take Dempsey over him, but we need higher quality depth in one player or another. Osman has been terrible for most of the season, and Naismith - even though he works hard - isn't really going to provide that extra bit of technical skill we need.

We need another midfielder who can play behind the striker and offer us just as much as Barkley.

I disagree. I've been reasonably pleased with Naismith's performances this season and I think he'll do better in that position than on the wing too. Really don't see the point of such a short loan if it's not to fill an essential gap. Just trust the players you have.