IGNORED

Newcastle v Everton 2nd Jan 20:00

Avinalaff

Having just read today's match thread I have to say that's a fitting opening post.

We need to get 3 points against the Geordies here and I think we may just do it. Jelavic will need to get back to scoring ways, I hope today has helped his confidence rather than denting it further, he was very unlucky not to score at least once. The same can be said for other individuals really, many performed well despite the result and they need to start strongly again on Wednesday. Fellaini back will be a boost as well. COYB, we can still keep the challenge up for 4th place.

Maybe I just don't care who starts the match day thread anymore, more important and relevant things to worry about I realize now, and what the fuck is that thing at the top of the page.

I realize the Mirallas kid isn't a dyed in the wool Evertonian, just along for the ride as a neutral observer, but didn't he make you aware of that when first arriving on the scene.

Only to say, today was best forgotten, going to move on, despite being the better team and getting fucked out of points today, and Newcastle United have a defense as wide as Holly Willoughby's thighs at any time of the week, so there's plenty of opportunity here to get something this time. They're in a right mess at the moment and Pardew is under pressure, and I do think this time, will be a happier story. We're going out, to hell with all soccer for the rest of the day

Everton 1 Newcastle United 0

Hopefully Ba will be gone by then so with Felli back and hopefully Shamus we should pick ourselves up. I fucking hope to god we win and shove it up that cunt Pardews nose after what he said about us last season the arrogant twat.

Barcodes 0- Everton-2 Jelly,Felly

all things being equal i would be ecstatic with a win , happy with a draw , and sad should we lose -

Newcastle is a much better side than their position on the table indicates -

they have recenly scored many goals in their 2 defeats to Man Un and Ars - both games which they could have won -

both teams have suspect defenses - us slightly better than them -

but on attack especially with Ba they have the edge -

going to be a close game -

Jelavic holds the key - should he fail to score again he must be rested - because we have not won far to many games because we could not finish the opposition off

I thought we were at home for this damn it, and even the original title said so too I'm adamant.

This warrants a change of prediction, as it'll be staged on Tyneside and not quite so confident now, I don't care about any confusion.

Ok they're not a bad side, Pardew has done a good job here and there, decent manager, but their defense is alarming just recently. I think they'll actually get the better of us to be truthful. They'll want to give something back to supporters and want to redeem themselves after some very disappointing recent results.

So on that basis, and getting it correct this time. Hold my hands up, in that I got the venue mixed up.

Newcastle United 3 Everton 2

After all, we just can't finish a game anymore with a clean sheet, and they do have some good attacking potential

I can't even quite remember that fixture either. May have been a drawn game, 2 - 2 or something if memory serves. There was a lot of anger after, because we let a lead slip and they got back into it, if that's the game in question.

I did think we were at home for this, there's no sense in lying, but any confusion has now been averted, and we can concentrate on the game in hand.

After watching Newcastle Utd stick around during the Arsenal games for the first 70 minutes and and then fall apart in the last 20, I'm not really sure how this one is going to end. We haven't kept a clean sheet for weeks now and I'm afraid that this will not the be the game where we get one. However there defense is pretty atrocious so I hope that we can nip some goals from them and hope for the best. I think both Jelavic and Fellaini come out hungry in this game and give us just enough firepower to win this one.

Newcastle 2 Everton 3 Jelavic, Fellaini and... Peanuts

"Although Marouane Fellaini returns from suspension, Darron Gibson will miss the next month with a thigh problem while Phil Neville, Tony Hibbert and Kevin Mirallas also sit out the trip to the North East and Steven Pienaar, Leighton Baines and Seamus Coleman are major doubts"

Not good news that Piennar and Baines are major doubts for tonight now as well

Well there goes my prediction of Piennar scoring. I am going to be very curious to see what lineup DM uses for the match as we do not have a lot of options and are running thin on players. I'm still hopiing that we will be capable of knocking a couple past them and secure a crucial 3 points.

I think its basically down to anybody who is fit starts

And this is where our complete lack of depth makes those draws That should have been wins all the more painful. Don't even want to imagine the line-up without Baines and Pienaar. Do we draft Oviedo into left back or Duffy into CB and Distin out left? On current form we should be we'll able to beat them, but it's a hell of a different ask without a squad to choose from.

Are we ever going to see Mirallas back fit?

On a slightly different note, can anyone recommend a Toffee pub in London to catch the game?

Wtf, where has this Baines and Pienaar out come from? Did they get injured on NYE or what, because last I heard they were fine?

Dont know about Baines, but Pienaar came off in the last few mins against chelsea and seemed to be in some pain, but it seemed to be more of a dead leg kind of thing than a pull or strain.