IGNORED

Oldham Athletic (FA Cup)

pete0

Oldham were coming at us and bringing on a defender was the sensible thing to do. I can't understand why people are bashing Moyes for that decision, their striker was about 6'5 and needed someone of a similar height to mark him (Shane Duffy being the perfect person).

Oldham were coming at us and bringing on a defender was the sensible thing to do. I can't understand why people are bashing Moyes for that decision, their striker was about 6'5 and needed someone of a similar height to mark him (Shane Duffy being the perfect person).

If that was the reason Duffy would have been on the pitch soon after Smith come on. Moyes was negative and it once again bit him on the arse. People made out Heitinga scoring justified this tactic last time out, but more often than not it doesn't work like tonight.

That's three games with Oldham now in the last 23 years in the FA cup and we can't win a first game.

Yes we got a replay and whether they deserved it or not, the time is came was just something else.

Fuck it, at least we got another chance and are in the 6th round draw. could have been eliminated tonight of all things, but got real angry with what occured.

I'm not surprised.

The performances over the last three months have told me all. We'll not get top four and I wouldn't be surprised if we sink a few places while Liverpool, Swansea & Arsenal slowly stroll past us.

Lacking in ideas. Lacking in funds. A manager who will wait until the end of the season before making his move (which I think will be away).

I can't understand it - the players we have should be beating teams like Oldham.

The lack of depth, the lack of top-draw players (which I don't count Jelly as), everything is set up to make every game, whether against Oldham or Manchester United, a slog.

I'm a positive Everton fan (.....I know....) and I want David Moyes to resign but I find it hard to see how we're supposed to look at european football. I mean, seriously..

I'm really upset at this result so you should probably ignore all of this waffle.

....sigh....

So, about the substitution. Yes the justification is that an extra centre back was needed to defend against the height of Smith. But it didn't work. So there's also a very good argument for leaving the striker on instead of having the whole team defending and inviting what then happened (i.e. Smith goal).

Moyes brings on our biggest player/defender, to counter a 6' 6" attacker playing for a team who will throw everything high into the area......and he gets stick.Do some people actually understand the basics of the game.

2 questions

Why didn't he make the sub sooner? and what's the best form of defence?

I'm not surprised.

The performances over the last three months have told me all. We'll not get top four and I wouldn't be surprised if we sink a few places while Liverpool, Swansea & Arsenal slowly stroll past us.

Lacking in ideas. Lacking in funds. A manager who will wait until the end of the season before making his move (which I think will be away).

I can't understand it - the players we have should be beating teams like Oldham.

The lack of depth, the lack of top-draw players (which I don't count Jelly as), everything is set up to make every game, whether against Oldham or Manchester United, a slog.

I'm a positive Everton fan (.....I know....) and I want David Moyes to resign but I find it hard to see how we're supposed to look at european football. I mean, seriously..

I'm really upset at this result so you should probably ignore all of this waffle.

....sigh....

The Arsenal team that will stroll past us, is that the same Arsenal team that lost at home to Blackburn today!....and the Oldham team we should be beating, is the same team that BEAT the liverpool team you think will also stroll past us.....just doesn't add up!

Edited by Blue 250

Moyes brings on our biggest player/defender, to counter a 6' 6" attacker playing for a team who will throw everything high into the area......and he gets stick.Do some people actually understand the basics of the game.

The 6' 6" attacker had been on the pitch for more than half an hour and not scored against the team we had on the pitch.

The substitution was to waste time, pure and simple.

The Arsenal team that will stroll past us, is that the same Arsenal team that lost at home to Blackburn today!....and the Oldham team we should be beating, is the same team that BEAT the liverpool team you think will also stroll past us.....just doesn't add up!

Yes and yes.

Makes my stomach sink but I think it will happen.