IGNORED

Norwich (Away)

MikeO

Pissed off with Naismith. And in general from the midfield onwards they are litreally running in quicksand. Such a slow team. Pienaar, osman, fellaini, naisimth, jelavic, gibson......

This, they are all good players but there is not an mph of pace between any of them. Also as Zoo said earlier on id hardly be bothered if we saw the back of Pienaar in the summer, a huge let down since his return imo. Maybe he should have bypassed the haircut thing. Edited by Simon

After such a good start to the season we have well and truly gone into self-destruct mode. I'm terrified about the Oldham game now, we couldn't finish a packet of crisps at the moment.

We need to admit that we are shit and someone needs to take the blame. I don't think Moyes has the heart to takeus into Europe anymore.

I'm more terrified we get to play a top team at Wembey and put in a performance like the one at Old Trafford a couple of weeks ago.

were having a big reality check!

our position is looking more realistic now.

No-one made a bid for Felly like we expected.

Leeds decieded Barkley was not good enough for them and sent him back.

Liverpool are going to overtake us soon, and hate to say it but they are looking a different class than us in anycase.

At least coleman looked good today, and Jelly looked a lot sharper.

Not strictly true. Their fans were very happy with him, I'd expect the rumour of him coming back because of them Leeds not wanting to pay a fee to be true.

Moyes needs to get his head out of his arse and get this team to play proper football. Build through the middle rather than hoof it and fucking press high up the pitch as a team! There was a moment today where Fellaini and Jelavic were covering both their centre backs, but they simply played it into one of their midfielders who had no one anywhere near him as Gibson and Osman were both sitting rather than pressing on. Most of the time we don't even press the opponent's defenders that high up at all though.

Didn't see the game but I think the start was a lot more luck than skill. We are back to level I expect. I think ppl are too quick to call our players world beaters. Why aren't we giving mirrales a go up front after him being a top GOal scorer in Greece last season. We need a run if form or this season is going to Peter out into midtable

were having a big reality check!

our position is looking more realistic now.

No-one made a bid for Felly like we expected.

Leeds decieded Barkley was not good enough for them and sent him back.

Liverpool are going to overtake us soon, and hate to say it but they are looking a different class than us in anycase.

At least coleman looked good today, and Jelly looked a lot sharper.

How do u know nobody made an offer? BK is that you?!

As for Leeds I heard that most of the fans loved him, so Im not sure whats gone on there.

Moyes needs to get his head out of his arse and get this team to play proper football. Build through the middle rather than hoof it and fucking press high up the pitch as a team! There was a moment today where Fellaini and Jelavic were covering both their centre backs, but they simply played it into one of their midfielders who had no one anywhere near him as Gibson and Osman were both sitting rather than pressing on. Most of the time we don't even press the opponent's defenders that high up at all though.

Spot on. The midfield are completely out of sync to the strikers and the defence. When you watch a top team, you can see how well their midfield interact with those ahead and behind them but ours play piggy in the middle.

Moyes may as well go now, he's got his next gig sorted and a short one that will be. Personally good luck to him, I want those fuckers on the board sorted once and for all. Moyes is what he is, a mid to top 6 table club manager. We've got championship level backers, the fans have top 4 aspirations. This club needs a clean out.

Didn't see the game but I think the start was a lot more luck than skill. We are back to level I expect. I think ppl are too quick to call our players world beaters. Why aren't we giving mirrales a go up front after him being a top GOal scorer in Greece last season. We need a run if form or this season is going to Peter out into midtable

He scored them from left mid, but Moyes is too scared of change to drop an out of form Pienaar or switch him to the right for more than 10 minutes at the start (a pointless tactic when everyone knows he it).

How do u know nobody made an offer? BK is that you?!

As for Leeds I heard that most of the fans loved him, so Im not sure whats gone on there.

you do realise i was just spouting of dont you and that i dont really pressume to know all the inside details.

Next time ill put a disclaimer at the bottom for you :)

Fucking joke today. i think its fairly obvious confidence is low and i think it stems from not adding quality in the transfer window. The team and squad needed it to freshen up the squad like last year and its criminal that the board and Davey didnt get us a striker and midfielder. Fuck me the team is so bereft of pace its untrue, midfield and out wide we cant counter attack due to this and we have nothing up front to give us an outlet in the channels. We are turning into a long ball team again and hitting Felli at every opportunity. Sounds drastic but we need to freshen the squad up and lower the age dratsically and get some pace into the side.If Moyes wants to go let him go and get somebody in with fresh ideas that wants to twat teams three and four instead of sitting back every time when we go up

Just seen Moysies interview, which was poor for him. Complaining about the winner being over three minutes allocated. Fuck me its a minimum of added time, and he's being going on all week about its a must win game blah blah. A drawer wouldnt have been any use

Just watched the game on rebroadcast here. Everton were hanging back and then they were playing shitty long ball. Really disappointing. It's too bad. I think the skills are there, but without a more clinical delivery they're only in a position to react instead of creating pressure on the other side.

Has playing shitty long ball ever worked? I'm asking a serious question...

There's really nothing to say that hasn't already been mentioned

Not even going to watch highlights later, poor performance, european cup soccer all but over and even a UEFA cup place in some doubt, but there's still every chance of progression in the FA cup but not if playing as we did today. I've been saying for as long as I can remember that Moyes can do no more, and today was just another illustration of this. Some fat fuck scored a couple of goals including some late winner and I hope the local rustics and shit kicking yokels enjoyed their victory today, but won't be doing much once again. Some other teams in the vicinity got points today just to add insult to injury and all said, just another lacklustre performance and poor outcome against some opposition we should be beating, regardless of venue. I thought a few weeks ago the opportunity was there this season to get something out of this year, but it's in danger of a total collapse. Oldham may well be quietly confident about the replay, and we always mess up against that opposition in cup competition. Just a feeling of anger, frustration, predictability, disappointment, it was all those things. When Moyes decides to quit fucking around and make his intentions clear in that he declares he will leave at end of season, there'll be no tears this end. Thanks for the good times and finishes of recognition, but I do believe I've seen enough now.

There's really nothing to say that hasn't already been mentioned

Not even going to watch highlights later, poor performance, european cup soccer all but over and even a UEFA cup place in some doubt, but there's still every chance of progression in the FA cup but not if playing as we did today. I've been saying for as long as I can remember that Moyes can do no more, and today was just another illustration of this. Some fat fuck scored a couple of goals including some late winner and I hope the local rustics and shit kicking yokels enjoyed their victory today, but won't be doing much once again. Some other teams in the vicinity got points today just to add insult to injury and all said, just another lacklustre performance and poor outcome against some opposition we should be beating, regardless of venue. I thought a few weeks ago the opportunity was there this season to get something out of this year, but it's in danger of a total collapse. Oldham may well be quietly confident about the replay, and we always mess up against that opposition in cup competition. Just a feeling of anger, frustration, predictability, disappointment, it was all those things. When Moyes decides to quit fucking around and make his intentions clear in that he declares he will leave at end of season, there'll be no tears this end. Thanks for the good times and finishes of recognition, but I do believe I've seen enough now.

Same shit, different day.

Howard - Commanded his area fairly well, and other than picking the ball out of his net twice he had very little to do.

Coleman - Looked very bright when he was on the ball but we didn't get him into game enough. If we had then I have no doubt he'd have gotten my MOTM vote.

Jagielka and Distin - Looked fine defensively from open play but when it came to set pieces they looked shaky. As did the whole side tbh.

Baines - Got himself an assist but other than that didn't do much else.

Naismith - How the hell he was still on the pitch come the end of the game is a mystery. He added the square root of fuck all to the game.

Osman - Scored a goal with a great header but he still didn't do enough. He looked lethargic and he's coming from too deep to have much of an impact on the game. Half of the time he's starting out from a deeper position than Gibson!

Gibson - Another game where he's been invisible for the most part. His lack of pace and mobility is being exposed badly right now because due to Osman being woefully out of sorts.

Pienaar - He tried hard, and was our only midfielder willing to run forward with the ball but his passing was sloppy.

Fellaini - I thought he had one of his better games than he has done for us recently. He looked imperious on the ball, won many headers, made driving runs with the ball, looked to spread the play... And he would have got my MOTM vote but for him letting his man (Kamara) go for the equaliser. That cost us massively.

Jelavic - Worked his socks off but his lack of goals is clearly getting to him. That chance he had where he brought the ball down on his chest and then had a left-footed shot on goal highlights it. It was a golden opportunity but there was just no conviction in the shot.

ahhhhghhh mannnnn !!!! only watched a rebroadcast now - read thread - most have been said - story of the current Everton life -

most players tried hard initially - we created a few chances but still appears fairly toothless -

fortunately Baines did his defensive duties better but his absense up front should have been replaced by someone else -

Jelavic looked the best i have seen for a while - but is not good enough to operate as a lone striker - he will hunt as one of a pair -

Mirallas Oviedo and Hitzelsperger should have replaced Osman , Naismith or Gibson with Fellaini dropping back to def mid -

attack is the best way of defense - standing with your back against a wall with your hands raised is called surrender in my book -

a good team beats a weaker one - it does not hang on to a slender lead -

Mr Moyes's body language looks very negative - even depressed - lacks enthusiasm and a lively fighting spirit -

we have gone stale in a bad way and a gale of fresh air is seriously needed -

Mr Moyes - lift your chin - smile - appologise and face the facts and the world with a gritty determination to avoid all your achievements at this club to be oveshadowed by a sad ending to your illustrious career as Everton coach

It was interesting to know that yesterdays attendance - 26 828 - was the largest ever at Carrow Road for when Norwich play Everton since records began. Maybe I was a little surprised at that and didn't the stadium hold more in years back, but record crowd or not, and once again, while over the initial anger and everything, it's still a very disappointing result that came so late on top of a poor performance and any hopes of champions league soccer that were evident a few weeks ago have all but extinguished, and possibly what angers the most is, when we come up against some miserable little club that hasn't won for about 10 games or been on a losing streak, they always manage to get a result against us, or we're the ones who end up on the reverse or them getting a decent result.

It's like, 'here comes Everton, you can have three points if you like'. Damn annoying. I don't know where the season is going to end with regard to the club and even Moyes himself to be truthful.

I don't know where the season is going to end with regard to the club and even Moyes himself to be truthful.

It will end, as it always does, with us in (upper) mid-table obscurity, and with Moyes sitting on his fat, new contract, ready to give us more of the same. The (hopefully dwindling) band of Moyes apologists will cheer.

It will end, as it always does, with us in (upper) mid-table obscurity, and with Moyes sitting on his fat, new contract, ready to give us more of the same. The (hopefully dwindling) band of Moyes apologists will cheer.

What in fact do the Moyes apologists have to say? Is it:

1. We're happy at the way things are going/have gone to date and we want more of it

2. It's not been so good - but it will get better with the red-haired one in charge

3. It's not Moyes' fault, it's Bill's fault for not giving him more money

NSNO, that's the club motto. Not 'we're better off than many others'. This is Everton Football Club FFS! Get some pride you Moyes lovers.

The team we, at the start of the season were lauding as the best we've had for years and who will take us into Europe next season is still the same one who was humbled by Norwich and by many others of late.

Let me go on record right now: this season is not going to get any better unless major changes are made to strategy, team selection and the will to win. I watched the Newcastle v Soton game and was enthralled by both teams' devotion to winning, their speed and creativity. It made us look slow, tired and clueless by comparison: and these are teams in 16th and 15th places respectively!

All this is down to Moyes. He bought the players, he coaches the players, he picks the team. There are NO other people to blame.

The players are playing to Moyes' tactics - why the f... is Jelavic playing on the left wing at times, putting in crosses?

He is getting shit service. Is there nobody capable of taking on the defence in their own area? Our build up is as slow as a wet week in Blackpool, predictable in that we're trying to score with headers....nobody running at the defence and the opposition know that.

The corner taking is worse than in some under- 12's I've coached. No variation....short one to the near post where we don't have anyone (if it gets there at all).

The Moyes brigade are frightened of the future....who will be the manager?.....what will happen to us?.....the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Get a grip!

Moyes' record speaks for itself.....we're going no further with him in charge. He's reached the limit of his capabilities....nothing wrong with that, we all have limits, but to be taking 3 mill a year for it is rather different.

Do the Moyes brigade really think that there's nobody better out there? Come into the light, there's a whole world beyond your blinkers if only you'd look further than the end of your noses.

What in fact do the Moyes apologists have to say? Is it:

1. We're happy at the way things are going/have gone to date and we want more of it

2. It's not been so good - but it will get better with the red-haired one in charge

3. It's not Moyes' fault, it's Bill's fault for not giving him more money

NSNO, that's the club motto. Not 'we're better off than many others'. This is Everton Football Club FFS! Get some pride you Moyes lovers.

The team we, at the start of the season were lauding as the best we've had for years and who will take us into Europe next season is still the same one who was humbled by Norwich and by many others of late.

Let me go on record right now: this season is not going to get any better unless major changes are made to strategy, team selection and the will to win. I watched the Newcastle v Soton game and was enthralled by both teams' devotion to winning, their speed and creativity. It made us look slow, tired and clueless by comparison: and these are teams in 16th and 15th places respectively!

All this is down to Moyes. He bought the players, he coaches the players, he picks the team. There are NO other people to blame.

The players are playing to Moyes' tactics - why the f... is Jelavic playing on the left wing at times, putting in crosses?

He is getting shit service. Is there nobody capable of taking on the defence in their own area? Our build up is as slow as a wet week in Blackpool, predictable in that we're trying to score with headers....nobody running at the defence and the opposition know that.

The corner taking is worse than in some under- 12's I've coached. No variation....short one to the near post where we don't have anyone (if it gets there at all).

The Moyes brigade are frightened of the future....who will be the manager?.....what will happen to us?.....the sky is falling, the sky is falling.

Get a grip!

Moyes' record speaks for itself.....we're going no further with him in charge. He's reached the limit of his capabilities....nothing wrong with that, we all have limits, but to be taking 3 mill a year for it is rather different.

Do the Moyes brigade really think that there's nobody better out there? Come into the light, there's a whole world beyond your blinkers if only you'd look further than the end of your noses.

Wake up and smell the coffee!

Our histoty counts for nothing and a few Latin words makes no difference whatsoever. Without significant funding, and by that I mean a multi billionaire, we are not going to be challenging for the Premiership, or even become regular Top 4 material ,no matter who the manager is

Edited by duncanmckenzieismagic