IGNORED

Reading (H)

Louis

I guess this needs to be made..

• Everton have won only two of their five Barclays Premier League encounters with Reading.
  • Four of the five Premier League meetings between these two sides have gone under 2.5 goals.
  • Reading are the only side in the Premier League to concede a goal in each of their away games this season.
  • Nine of Reading’s goals this season have come from substitutes, a league-high.
  • Adam Le Fondre has bagged five Premier League goals in 2013; only Gareth Bale, Christian Benteke and Romelu Lukaku have more (6 each).
  • One of Adam Le Fondres’s three braces this season came in the reverse fixture between the two teams.
  • Everton have used fewer players than any other Premier League side this season (22).
  • Only Southampton (27) and Reading (20) have dropped more points from leading positions this season than Everton (19).
  • Reading have won eight points thanks to goals scored after the 80th minute this season. Only league leaders Manchester United (9) have won more.
  • Tottenham Hotspur (8) are the only side to drop more points thanks to goals conceded after the 80th minute than Everton (7).
  • Only Man Utd (20.5%), Chelsea (18.0%) and Arsenal (16.7%) have better shot conversion rates this season than Reading (14.6%).
  • Everton have won just one of their last six (D3 L2); but have tasted defeat at home just once in 13 home games this season (W6 D6).

http://uk.eurosport....-013721650.html

Surprised that this thread hasn't been made yet considering that the game is tomorrow.

I have no optimism at the moment and wouldn't be surprised to come away from Goodison with nothing. I think that the Oldham game will have given us some confidence but we don't seem to be at Premier League level at the moment in any way, shape or form. I get the feeling that I'm going to be watching this game with worry lines all over my face when I should be sitting back watching us dominate a very poor Reading side.

I'll say 1-0 to Everton but in reality I think we'll be in for a tough ride.

Sad that I can't make out whether the first commenter is a fan of Everton or Reading.

Pretty sure Louis is a blue Pete :P:lol:

Completely disenchanted with our season at the minute, really finding it hard to get excited about games. Obviously think we will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Hoping for a 3-1 win, jelly and a Mirallas brace.

Pretty sure Louis is a blue Pete tongue.pnglaugh.png

Completely disenchanted with our season at the minute, really finding it hard to get excited about games. Obviously think we will win, but I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't. Hoping for a 3-1 win, jelly and a Mirallas brace.

violent.gif

Martin 12 hours ago

we will surpirise them and win

Im fairly confident, well as confident as you ever can be with Everton, that we will get a comfortable win tomorrow

With Mirallas and Coleman back then sides can no longer just overload the left to negate the Piennar/Baines threat. Gibson has also had a few games under his belt now so I can see us getting back to the type of football we were playing earlier in the season

That is of cause provided that Mucha isnt playing

First time for a Louis match day thread ? but pleased enough with this.

I registered with Royals Rendezvous recently and seems a decent site with decent supporters but it's all about us tomorrow.

I think the venue should be enough and we do have the players to make a difference and after Oldham tails will be up, but anything can occur. Quietly confident we can get a victory out of this but sadly the champions league dream would appear to be over.

Everton 2 Reading 0

the uncertainty reflected in this thread - tells a story of its own -

we are worrying about all our games which is unnatural for the fans of a team 6th on the log -

the players with the help of the coach of course must reverse this apprehension by playing with confidence and winning convincingly -

otherwise we will all end up being nervous wrecks -

Come on Everton - play to your ability for a change and we will hopefully stop moaning and bitching

Surely the 2-1 defeat against Reading will help motivate our players to do better this time. I'm feeling fairly confident for once, going with a 3-1 win. COYB!

I don't think that will have any bearing on the game whatsoever. They're fighting a relegation, we have our own objectives, so something has to give. Once again the venue should be the deciding factor.

Just can't feel optimistic, sadly. Despite the win the other night there is too much tiredness, lack of spark, predictability and lack of confidence about us.

To look at the positives I see a bench with some players who can help us kick on. Oviedo, hitz, vellios, Barkley, Duffy. Players who must be dying to get on that pitch and show the likes of pienaar, osman, and to an extent the rest of the first picks what hunger is all about.

Coyb

This is the match that will see Everton turn a page. 3-0 witha Jelavic hattrick. COYB! Btw, im not kidding, this is the day that we will look back upon after the end of the season and say. "that Reading game was the one that took us to the Europa league"

Just about to leave for the match. I'm not optimistic at all but taking comfort in those that are, if we do win this game then surely we can push on and have one last crack at Europe.

If Mirallas starts (which hopefully he will) then I'll be a lot happier.