IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

2 home games up next against Luton and Bournemouth both very winnable especially if we play like we did against Brentford, that would put us on 10 points and a more respectable mid table position, but more importantly we will go to the shite full of confidence with 3 wins in a row, and getting something out of that game will feel doable. What a difference a win makes to your mental positivity. 

There's 6 games between now and the next international break. I'd like to see us around the 15 point mark around then, but that might still be a big ask at this point.

That's around 11 points from Luton (H), Bournemouth (H), Liverpool (A), West Ham (A), Brighton (H), Palace (A).

Obviously the next two games will be crucial in this regard. We've shown glimpses of how well we can play and the amount of chances we can create. But the key will be can we maintain a level of consistency and put those chances away.

There's reason to be optimistic right now, and god knows we need a slice of optimism at the minute, but I think by the next international break we'll be able to say whether this is going to be another long and depressing season or one where we can look forward to the dizzying heights of a mid-table finish.  

Personally I’m made up.  Got some castore gear and it’s spot on.  They actually get creative - you can buy decent hoodies, golf gear etc with your team on.  The hoodies and polos are top notch. 

People pissing the bed over Villa footy shirts looking sweaty, I’ve not seen an Everton player sweat in years. 

13 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Not like Matt law to try and throw a big negative on things. 

He doesn’t need to, Haf, Villa and Newcastle are both dropping them. Players complaining about them, fans saying they’re awful.

They may make decent training stuff and fashion stuff but by the sounds of it their match day stuff is shite.

£65 is already overpaying for tat and these will rob the fans for even more. I feel sorry for parents who will be expected to fork out for the new kits by their kids.

I would prefer we spend money on the piece of kit that sticks the sponsor down.

Two shirts in three months and both have the sponsor peeling off. Spoke to the people on the coach on Saturday and there were two more on there with shirt issues. Very poor this season.

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

I would prefer we spend money on the piece of kit that sticks the sponsor down.

Two shirts in three months and both have the sponsor peeling off. Spoke to the people on the coach on Saturday and there were two more on there with shirt issues. Very poor this season.

I've heard of that but I've never had a problem with that myself.

Apparently it's an issue with Castore as well - saw someone saying nothing is stitched and everything is just stick on.

Don't you just love these companies that charge through the nose and cut corners?

13 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

He doesn’t need to, Haf, Villa and Newcastle are both dropping them. Players complaining about them, fans saying they’re awful.

They may make decent training stuff and fashion stuff but by the sounds of it their match day stuff is shite.

£65 is already overpaying for tat and these will rob the fans for even more. I feel sorry for parents who will be expected to fork out for the new kits by their kids.

Newcastle aren’t dropping them because of quality.  Adidas is part of a huge campaign for Newcastle and no doubt involves all sorts of kickbacks.  

I play a lot of golf with a lad who is good mates with the beahon brothers. I found out about the Newcastle thing a while back and Everton for castore had been in the pipeline for some time.  

I don’t get how fans complain about quality of kits, they are made of the cheapest shittest materials going. Probably cost pennies to make.  

my sons have numbers etc peeling off theirs. Whether it’s Everton or England.  The 90s was a golden era for kits -  adidas absolutely knocked it out the park.  

40 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

I don’t get how fans complain about quality of kits, they are made of the cheapest shittest materials going. Probably cost pennies to make.  

my sons have numbers etc peeling off theirs. Whether it’s Everton or England.  The 90s was a golden era for kits -  adidas absolutely knocked it out the park.  

They complain because then they're charged £60+. That's where the annoyance comes from. They use cheap, shoddy materials and then rob the fans while the shirts then fall apart or look worn after a couple of washes.

I love Adidas, I think they're fantastic.

Some of the worst quality kits we had were with Nike. They were horrendous and the fact that they point blank refused to make women's shirts means I hope we never have kits made by them again.

57 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

They complain because then they're charged £60+. That's where the annoyance comes from. They use cheap, shoddy materials and then rob the fans while the shirts then fall apart or look worn after a couple of washes.

I love Adidas, I think they're fantastic.

Some of the worst quality kits we had were with Nike. They were horrendous and the fact that they point blank refused to make women's shirts means I hope we never have kits made by them again.

I had serious envy of the adidas kits worn by Liverpool and Newcastle in the 4-3 games and the German kits. 

our kits have looked shite for years. The puma and Umbro Keijan ones worn by Rooney were disgusting. The black one was ok but the rest awful. 

I understand Adidas will be making a big play on the stripes with regards Newcastle. 

castore can make some very nice looking kits. Big opportunity for them this.