IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

Out of interest lets, if a team who got relegation is entitled to some compensation who do people think would actually have the best arguement - Burnely in 21/22 (season of the offence in question) or Leicester in 22/23 (season in which the charges against us have been made).

If the whole debarcle is to a rectify a historical wrong doing to another club/s, surely a large fine which is then, less admin costs, is distrobuted accordingly to the agreed wronged clubs would be the most appropriate action. Pretty simple.

That way an offending club is penalised and any wronged club/s are then compensated somewhat. i.e any team relegated or miss out on Europe get lionshare if not all the fine. 

Simple way for this rule breach - If a £19.5M over spend, then for first offecne then a £19.5M fine payable over the next three financial years. Second offence double the fine. The bigger the over spend, theoretically the bigger the advantage, and thus bigger the compensation to any clubs who feel they have been a little fucked over by it. This can also be quite easily applied retrospectievly. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I wonder if all the pressure will mean that the league rejects compensation calls out of the external scrutiny but upholds the 10 point ban to show "strength". Think that would be the best case scenario.

They can’t see us getting sued…. It’s an absolute calamity as it stands.  To see us sued?  - it’s impossible to quantify and unpick.   Arsenal could sue us as we beat them and cost them the league they could say. 

the premier league should be absolutely shutting themselves now. Not because of us but because there are things such as their sign off on Newcastle takeover, spurs Defoe to Portsmouth, it’s a shit show that they need to go away. 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm glad we voted to not ban it tbh. Usually I'd be annoyed by it but if the recent events have shown anything it's that no one else is going to look out for us so we may as well look after our own interests and fuck everyone else.

How are we going to benefit from that? Its not like the 777 clubs are awash with elite players….. whereas Newcastle on the other hand - well don’t be surprised to see mane, mitrovic, Neves get linked with a loan to Newcastle in January.

Newcastles owners could literally influence any club in the Saudi league to do as they are told.  

its a stupid rule and Newcastle’s sake needs investigation 

There is precident for clubs seeking compensation from other clubs charged with financial breaches etc. Its not going to be lots of clubs getting £300m leading to administration like some nobs are banding around the place - but it might be settled as a few tens of millions to a single club, payed over a few seasons.

What is more improtant really is not getting relegated this season - as we are now moving in the right direction as a club, so the more the current 10 points deduction is reduce the better, as that simply lessens the risk of relegation.

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

They can’t see us getting sued…. It’s an absolute calamity as it stands.  To see us sued?  - it’s impossible to quantify and unpick.   Arsenal could sue us as we beat them and cost them the league they could say. 

the premier league should be absolutely shutting themselves now. Not because of us but because there are things such as their sign off on Newcastle takeover, spurs Defoe to Portsmouth, it’s a shit show that they need to go away. 

There's also the shite paying off City when it came out they'd hacked into City's scouting system. 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

How are we going to benefit from that? Its not like the 777 clubs are awash with elite players….. whereas Newcastle on the other hand - well don’t be surprised to see mane, mitrovic, Neves get linked with a loan to Newcastle in January.

Newcastles owners could literally influence any club in the Saudi league to do as they are told.  

its a stupid rule and Newcastle’s sake needs investigation 

For one thing, they don't need to be elite players for us to benefit.

Also, it's not about whether you or I see it as good for us (I didn't actually say I think it will be). It's about the club thinking it does and doing what they feel is good for us. That's all I care about - looking after ourselves and being selfish after this shit show.

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I fail to see how having the same people that decided there was a compensation claim then hear the case for compensation (if the teams do decide to go ahead with it) could possibly be a good thing.

Because that same team haven’t agreed with everything the PL had said about our rule breaking, example not done maliciously or with intent to defraud, just a couple of things that were said in our defence. Plus whilst they said that any team who feels they have a right to compensation can apply, they’ve also made it very clear that they will have to have very good case before any compensation claim will be considered. So in my opinion it’s not a done deal for all parties involved, and personally I would rather the devil you know who have expressed some support for our plight, than a commission of people we don’t know who could possibly have no support for us and hit us for millions forcing us to go into voluntary liquidation. Like I said it’s a toss of a coin no matter what commission presides over the outcome of compensation it can go either way, but I rather be in front of commission that hasn’t totally condemned us for our actions.  

1 hour ago, Romey 1878 said:

Also, it's not about whether you or I see it as good for us (I didn't actually say I think it will be). It's about the club thinking it does and doing what they feel is good for us. That's all I care about - looking after ourselves and being selfish after this shit show.

Simon Jordan also made a few good points this morning.

1. Everton are currently going in to a multi team group,

2. we have not been taken over yet, so why restrict ourselves, who knows who else may come in for us and

3. basically put two fingers up to the PL and vote against any proposal they currently want to make.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

Because that same team haven’t agreed with everything the PL had said about our rule breaking, example not done maliciously or with intent to defraud, just a couple of things that were said in our defence. Plus whilst they said that any team who feels they have a right to compensation can apply, they’ve also made it very clear that they will have to have very good case before any compensation claim will be considered. So in my opinion it’s not a done deal for all parties involved, and personally I would rather the devil you know who have expressed some support for our plight, than a commission of people we don’t know who could possibly have no support for us and hit us for millions forcing us to go into voluntary liquidation. Like I said it’s a toss of a coin no matter what commission presides over the outcome of compensation it can go either way, but I rather be in front of commission that hasn’t totally condemned us for our actions.  

Yeah, Palf, a group of people that just took a sledgehammer to us and gave us a massively disproportionate punishment of 10 points is definitely who we want to be judging the compensation claim.

Totally agree, they may just be lenient to us again.

3 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

For me it’s a bad look. We are trying to fight the prem and make it look like we are standing up to injustice. 

loaning between clubs by same owners is shady as fuck.  There is one team only that will benefit hugely from this

46 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

Sky looking to protect its brand is not an unexpected outcome, wonder if we will get the famous “ Analfield atmosphere “ tape!

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/sky-could-use-fake-crowd-noise-to-silence-everton-f-word-protest-njbs3sw5t

Really hope one of the banners is something like "Fuck the Premier League" on it 

2 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah, Palf, a group of people that just took a sledgehammer to us and gave us a massively disproportionate punishment of 10 points is definitely who we want to be judging the compensation claim.

Totally agree, they may just be lenient to us again.

Well you got it wrong last time lets hope you get it wrong this time, because they will be the same people taking this. 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

Well you got it wrong last time lets hope you get it wrong this time, because they will be the same people taking this. 

Yeah I did because I didn't believe anything like 10/12 points was warranted but those people gave it, so why on earth would having those same people decide compensation be a positive? It doesn't even make sense.

4 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

Yeah I did because I didn't believe anything like 10/12 points was warranted but those people gave it, so why on earth would having those same people decide compensation be a positive? It doesn't even make sense.

No one really knows what’s going to happen as most thought we wouldn’t get docked any points, what does make sense Rom. Imo they’ve said somethings about us and the team's who maybe looking at us for compensation that makes me believe we have 50/50 chance it can go our way. But a couple of things are guaranteed teams are going to make a claim for losses against us and the same commission are going to preside over that claim, so heads we are find the 100 million the 3 teams are reportedly each asking for, or tails they kick their claims into touch, any claim has to stand up to scrutiny and be proven to be warranted even before compensation is looked at. 

Imo the only team who finished below us who might have a leg to stand on for compensation maybe Leicester due to stopping them potentially getting another 2 points against us, but the fact that we weren’t found guilty in January, February or March and docked 10 points then is hardly our fault we never set the time agenda, so shouldn’t any claims that are found in favour of the claimant be settled by the PL.  Even if we never took the ability of Southampton losing out on 5 points, and Leeds 6 points they would have both finished below Leicester even if we had been docked 10 points that season, so how we impeded and caused Southampton and Leeds to lose their place in the PL is rubbish. 

36 minutes ago, Gwlad said:

If a precedent were to be set by making an example of us what happens when/if City and Chelsea are brought to book? 'Top' teams who failed to win the league suing them?

With Chelsea we should be looking at getting the FA Cup from 2009 if that’s how everyone’s going to play it. Thats how far back their shit goes back.

On 21/11/2023 at 18:04, Romey 1878 said:

Scandalous

I'm amazed none of you have commented on this at all.

It's also amazing that the PL moved the goalposts after we'd been charged in the February by changing rules for sanctioning in the August.

This whole thing thing stinks and it really is looking more and more likely that they only want to do us as an example and then nothing more.

34 minutes ago, Romey 1878 said:

I'm amazed none of you have commented on this at all.

It's also amazing that the PL moved the goalposts after we'd been charged in the February by changing rules for sanctioning in the August.

This whole thing thing stinks and it really is looking more and more likely that they only want to do us as an example and then nothing more.

For me this will hopefully be a key part of the appeal. 
Id also be trying to have the claims other club make deferred until our appeal has completed. 
The whole “broke the rules take the punishment” thing I agree with. But a punishment needs to be laid out with the rules, so this stuff stinks. 

I don’t see how the decision has been appealed against but the same people can then go and make a decision on compensation based on an ongoing issue. 

23 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

just read sky are going to turn down the crowd noise. or use pre recorded crowd noise, so we don't offend the PL, or any viewers if we swear. It is us against the world.

I think they have to due to broadcasting regulations. 

I do agree it's us vs the world, but in this case I'm not sure there's much they can do

31 minutes ago, Tonsta said:

just read sky are going to turn down the crowd noise. or use pre recorded crowd noise, so we don't offend the PL, or any viewers if we swear. It is us against the world.

Can't really blame them for that. Just hoping there's "offensive" banners and flags everywhere. Would love the ground staff to change the pitch pattern, have an FU in 1 half, PL in the other. 

Don’t think Sky muting the crowd and using fake recordings matters really because everyone watching on Sky will be fully aware how corrupt the Premier League is anyway

I doubt the foreign channels will be muting anything  and they can’t obfuscate the banners so the message will still hit home load and clear

1 hour ago, Tonsta said:

1 hour ago, dunlopp9987 said:

I think they have to due to broadcasting regulations. 

I do agree it's us vs the world, but in this case I'm not sure there's much they can do

Yep, it's due to Ofgem.