IGNORED

Longest Thread! for Everton Discussion

Zoo

love this club what a fantastic solution to education.

It's not universally liked, "free schools" (which are independent of local education authorities) some people see as a bad idea, but certainly this one seems to be doing OK.

Offsted report from last year (for non-Brits this is the organisation that goes into all schools regularly to assess them)

http://cdn.awsripple.com/www.evertonfreeschool.com/uploads/2014/10/OFSTED-May-2014.pdf

"The leadership and management team has never lost sight of its vision and aims for the school: ‘Nothing but the best’. Its members have laid solid foundation blocks through their policies and procedures to ensure the school is at least a good one and well on its way to achieving its aim to provide a high quality, aspirational school to serve the community."

• 2 weeks later...

Man City are 13th behind Chelsea and Liverpool, Bournemouth are top, Newcastle and Sunderland are above us; so how far you run would seem to be pretty irrelevant. It's what happens to the ball that matters :).

Far too many pointless/meaningless stats around these days for me.

And there are three teams below us so how do we do the "least running" in the league anyway :dont know:?

Man City are 13th behind Chelsea and Liverpool, Bournemouth are top, Newcastle and Sunderland are above us; so how far you run would seem to be pretty irrelevant. It's what happens to the ball that matters :).

Far too many pointless/meaningless stats around these days for me.

And there are three teams below us so how do we do the "least running" in the league anyway :dont know:?

To me it seems it could be a factor regarding % possession (the least you have the more miles you clock) - plus the style of play and the distance the team you are playing covers.

To me it seems it could be a factor regarding % possession (the least you have the more miles you clock) - plus the style of play and the distance the team you are playing covers.

Just too many variables to extract one factor and suggest "Louis van Gaal's philosophy appears to be paying off as new figures reveal that only Bournemouth have covered more ground". Is van Gaal's philosophy purely based on his players running around lots? Daft and pointless article for me.

Back on topic I met a proper Evertonian in the chippy last night, I had an EFC coat on with my Alan Ball shirt on underneath and this bloke with a scouse accent immediately started chatting to me; real sound bloke who watched his first game at Goodison v Leeds in 1966. Not an unusual occurrence for you local lads obviously but in the wastelands down here it was a nice surprise :).

I do agree with you , however we don't do much running when we don't have the ball either. Its been a theme since Roberto took over that our players seem to stand off rather than close the opposition players down

Yes be very nice if all the players show the appreciation at the end of a midweek game too. Its very easy to walk off the pitch without giving a second thought to the fans who leave work at lunch time and get home after midnight.

I remember Per Merttersecker gripping Ozil to make him go and applaud the goners .

I have attended a handful of away games and appreciate how much upheaval it takes.

Yes be very nice if all the players show the appreciation at the end of a midweek game too. Its very easy to walk off the pitch without giving a second thought to the fans who leave work at lunch time and get home after midnight.

I remember Per Merttersecker gripping Ozil to make him go and applaud the goners .

I have attended a handful of away games and appreciate how much upheaval it takes.

To be fair the players and staff generally do acknowledge the away end at the final whistle