IGNORED

2013 Summer Transfers

Tottenham have agreed to sell Gareth Bale to Real Madrid for £93 million.

How on earth he's worth more than Ronaldo when Ronaldo had proven himself over an extended period of time is beyond me.

I'm sure he'll look good in their team like, it's not difficult when the standard of that league is shite apart from a couple of teams and he's surrounded by quality team mates.

I've heard Contreau is part of the deal and they're getting Willian and Lamela in with some of their windfall.

Great bit of business and maybe a bit of defensive cover away from challenging for the title.

I was talking the other day and saying they'll be fine if they lost Bale because they've invested well. They've assembled a brilliant side.

As much as he's a complete bellend, as a business man, Levy is one of, if not, the best in the business for player negotiations.

That all being said, I don't think our board get that much credit for the hard-balling they play, when it comes to sellling our better players....

£24m for Lescott

£10.5m for Johnson (Injury)

£12-£15m for Rodwell (Injury)

So if Felli goes, it'll be for good money.

Edited by tenaciousj

Spurs were so reliant on Bale last year that it will be a massive blow for him to leave regardless of who they bring in.

Im still not convinced by AVB in this league and whilst they really do have an incredible squad it means jack if the manager cant get them to play together.

Guest blueboy122

Spurs were so reliant on Bale last year that it will be a massive blow for him to leave regardless of who they bring in.

Im still not convinced by AVB in this league and whilst they really do have an incredible squad it means jack if the manager cant get them to play together.

Have to agree, really don't think Spurs are that great and agree about AVB. They have some good individuals but not totally convinced they are a dead cert for the top 4.

Quote from the BBC

Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger defends his side's transfer policy after a bid of around £10m for Newcastle midfielder Yohan Cabaye was dismissed as "derisory" and "disrespectful" by the Magpies.

"We don't want to hurt anybody, not Newcastle, not anybody, said Wenger.

"You can't reproach us on one side for not buying and yet on the other side when we try to buy to reproach us as well. That is a bit contradictory.

"It is not always to think what is outside is better than what you have."

Any little respect I had for Wenger is finally gone. He has truly lost it...

Have to agree, really don't think Spurs are that great and agree about AVB. They have some good individuals but not totally convinced they are a dead cert for the top 4.

Can't expand on that, in that realize Tottenham are a good side but there's no chance they'll win a league championship. Hasn't been seen since 1961 and it's not going to occur this season or even any time soon. Maybe this time get a champions league berth but even second place would seem far fetched. Third at best and that would be a great achievement for them. Don't think Villa Boas is that great a manager, I think Redknapp at least, got them into the champions league. (once)

I didn't recognize any of the above three mentioned names. Some will have a better understanding of who is who in european play now in my defense. Whoever they are, have to be some decent signings and with the money they will get for Bale, have scope there to bring in some expensive or high profile purchases. I still remain insistent the best they could hope for this season is third place, but you never can tell what will occur. No chance in hell of winning the title once again.

Willian is a beast. Used to be the main man at Shaktar. Always wanted him here but of course no chance. Lamela is an up-and-comer. I really like that Roma squad and actually hate to see it split up any. I could take or leave Contrao honestly -- never really been a fan.

Edited by TonkaRoost