IGNORED

Sam Byram

DUO IN FOR BYRAM
Sky sources understand West Ham have matched Everton's offer for Leeds United defender Sam Byram and it's now down to the player himself to decide where he goes.
Everton remain hopeful of concluding a deal for the 22-year-old, who did feature in Leeds' squad on Saturday but did train today

Ultimately the lure of first team football and the chance to play for the club he supports won out.

He may go on to be a very good player but there is always a bit of extra pressure when you play for the club you support, so he could go either way.

Ultimately I am not too disappointed as Seamus was always going to get his place back when fit and he may have thought he would be in the same situation as Garbutt.

I would much rather us use the cash to go towards a forward or playmaker.

Fourth Officials credibility takes another hit. They've probably deleted the tweet saying it was a done deal.

I used to look at that account religiously but now I don't bother. Just full of them calling people nonces for questioning them.

In their defence, it does seem he'd 'agreed terms' with us... think we just forgot to get him to sign the contract. Maybe the infamous 'contract nonce' was busy!

So, that's the third player in a year that thought West Ham is a better proposition than Everton and people are not arsed?

Now we are not just behind the usual suspects and Spurs, West Ham is also more attractive. What next, Southampton and Stoke?

Fourth Official, btw, is just a blarg account these days. If you are still stupid enough to follow it, just stop.

So, that's the third player in a year that thought West Ham is a better proposition than Everton and people are not arsed?

Now we are not just behind the usual suspects and Spurs, West Ham is also more attractive. What next, Southampton and Stoke?

Fourth Official, btw, is just a blarg account these days. If you are still stupid enough to follow it, just stop.

He chose to play for the club he supports and doesn't have the stomach to fight for a first team spot.

His loss, not ours really.

He chose to play for the club he supports and doesn't have the stomach to fight for a first team spot.

His loss, not ours really.

Not the point. Players prefer WHU to us but people keep thinking it doesn't matter. How many players do WHU need to grab before you realise they are actually considered a better prospect by the players?

Guest rusty747

i just wonder what descision Byram might have made if we were third or fourth n the league and WHU were a few places below us?

All those draws that should have been wins may well be costing us more than points and league places.

Very sad.

i just wonder what descision Byram might have made if we were third or fourth n the league and WHU were a few places below us?

All those draws that should have been wins may well be costing us more than points and league places.

Very sad.

I really do believe its as simple as West Ham offering him first team football