IGNORED

Poll - where are you at regarding current possible new managers

Manager runnings  

55 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you like to see take over from DM?

• Pereira
    • Laudrup
    • Martinez
    • Martin ONeil
    • Redknapp
    • Malky
    • Hughes
    • Ferguson
    • Weir
    • Neville
    • Stubbs
    • Pulis
    • Di Matteo
    • Klinsmann
    • Lennon
    • Tuchel
    • Other

I hope the club are listening to the fans, no prizes for guessing who I voted for. Come on Pereira, I'll be happy with appointment and also be £500 better off.

What is really interesting is that you actually forgot to put the man who's been second or third in the betting since we have been looking for a new manager. I've always wondered who's been putting money on him. I speaks volumes for the support Neil Lennon would get from the fans.

Not sure I would want Laudrup, he inherited a very decent team and got very lucky with Michu, as transfers can be very hit and miss with new players coming to the premiership. Jury is still out for me on Laudrup and we would have to pay top doller for him this summer considering his 'stock'.

Its not a great list, I agree. Just compiling it made me a little sad.

Considering they will have very little money for transfers This bunch are not too bad ....

1. Pereira
  2. Laudrup
  3. Martinez
  4. Martin ONeil
  5. Di Matteo
  6. Klinsmann

I would take them in that order

I hope the club are listening to the fans, no prizes for guessing who I voted for. Come on Pereira, I'll be happy with appointment and also be £500 better off.

What is really interesting is that you actually forgot to put the man who's been second or third in the betting since we have been looking for a new manager. I've always wondered who's been putting money on him. I speaks volumes for the support Neil Lennon would get from the fans.

Not sure I would want Laudrup, he inherited a very decent team and got very lucky with Michu, as transfers can be very hit and miss with new players coming to the premiership. Jury is still out for me on Laudrup and we would have to pay top doller for him this summer considering his 'stock'.

Thanks RuffRob, added Lennon to the poll. The time of the post might be a clue as to why I forgot someone :D

Ten, would replacements from Pereira's old Porto team match the quality of our likely leavers Felli (Fernando), Jags (Managala), Baines (Sandro)?

Why? We're not getting any of them. Porto generally sell their players for WAY more then we can afford.

Why is everyone so eager on Pereira btw? He's probably the candidate I know least about, and I think that would go for most on here, apart from Zoo and Fearthainn probably. He isn't going to bring any Porto players and while he might know a bit about their future targets, they will probably still end up in Portugal as their agents get like 30 to 50% of them if they sign for Porto or Benfica (as third-party ownership is allowed in Portugal).

Why? We're not getting any of them. Porto generally sell their players for WAY more then we can afford.

Why is everyone so eager on Pereira btw? He's probably the candidate I know least about, and I think that would go for most on here, apart from Zoo and Fearthainn probably. He isn't going to bring any Porto players and while he might know a bit about their future targets, they will probably still end up in Portugal as their agents get like 30 to 50% of them if they sign for Porto or Benfica (as third-party ownership is allowed in Portugal).

They don't sell on the cheap and all three would cost a lot more than we usually spend, however they wouldn't cost more than what we'd get in for Felli, Jags, and Baines.

He's worked his way up and done the double in both his years at the top. Hard not to respect hard work and honours compared to the other options banded about that are mostly has-beens, frauds, fast tracked former players... or tv pundits.

Still Martinez for me. But I see Periera is a popular choice. I'd be happy with him too.

Still dont get why some of you guys are unhappy with the linked names. Yes, some are bollocks, but theres some good names on there.

Said it before already, we aint gonna attract the 1st tier or 2nd tier type names...we aint won the league for 25odd years, no cup for almost 20years, aint in Europe and are skint, and unfortunately the only mainstream headline grabbing news the club has had the last couple of years has been based around (rightly) dusgruntled fans. Sorry, but its true.

I agree... Managing Everton would be a completely different kettle of fish but I have just found an article from The Mirror which interested me (apologies if it has been posted before).

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/vtor-pereira-profile-find-out-1906179

Bascially he has a tight defence and plays possession football with a three pronged attack. He is hard working and pays a lot of attention to detail and unlike Moyes it looks like he knows how to win the big games. He inherited a lot of talent after AVB's departure but it looked like a lot of them wanted to also leave in his wake and he has had to deal with that.

The article isnt exactly the most reliable considering it says that Heitinga wouldnt be good for possession based football at the back and that Atsu is from Ghana and not Nigeria as it states, but I would be more optimistic about this appointment than I was.

For those who watch a lot of Portuguese football, would you say that his principles of playing are like that article states?

Ok I didn't notice the 'other' option, so I've deleted my vote and reinstated it.

I want Tuchel. I'm not budging.

Me too but I doubt the EFC board will have heard of him.

Ok, Im guessing you two voted for other, so ive changed other to Tuchel and added a blank "other"

Correct?

Where is the option to vote for Brett Angel?

You see that hatch underneath your laptop. Unscrew the screws, lift the hatch, remove the battery and behind it there's a button to vote for Brett Angel. Press and hold for at least 30 seconds. :D

Who'd have thought it? A neutral Swiss resident.

not so much neutral you cheeky bugger, just resigned to the fact we have absolutely no influence on the decision and are going to get what we get. Plus, we've had the question going around for a looooong time now, didnt see the point in justifying my thoughts on the subject again...

There's more of "those I don't want" in that list. If Martinez needs this much time to dump Wigan and come to us and have to talk it over with his wife as well (not meant to be sexist - but he'd hardly have to move house, etc, so why doesn't he consult his neighbours, too) I don't want him - who does he think he is? Sounds to me like he can't make a decision!? Nothing more than The Gnome's "Yes" man - Piss off!

Lennon - see McLeish at Birmingham/Villa - terrifying!

None of those ex-players, thanks (not even Brett Angel).

I'm with the Everton board on Tuchel....... never heard of her.

Agree with the assessment of Laudrup, above... every chance he's just got lucky.

O'Neill, Redknapp, Pulis, Malky... simply "No"

Klinnsman, Di Matteo - like the thought of them but in reality, what are the chances?

Pereira - number one choice from that list and must be able to keep himself motivated in what is essentially a two and a bit horse race (include Sporting) every year but not every Portuguese is a Mourinho or Villash Boash.

So, I'll go for somebody British please, someone 'outside the box' (as I suppose Moyes was when he joined us) - don't know who, exactly, but none of the above and not Chris Coleman either!

I don't know enough of Perreira but I have watched Martinez very closely -

I am very positive about Martinez - just look at his body language - especially the eyes - he oozes confidence -

if Martinez is appointed he will have my full support -

he plays a progressive aggressive more European style of attacking football - very much like the Germans - the opposite of Red Moyes -

so yes - get Martinez over here as soon as possible to get Everton to the next level - playing attractive attacking football

Cake unlike you I admire Martinez for the way he handled the situation -

this is somebody who stuck with Wigan when Liverpool came knocking -

this is somebody who did not jump ship with 2 games left to play -

this is somebody showing true loyalty to a club that is dear to him -

this is somebody who won one of the greatest competitions in football with one of the smallest clubs -

this is somebody who turned a player like Mcmannaman into a star after he was released by Everton -

this is someone who has his feet firmly on the ground treasuring the value of his family -

that is why I believe he has everything it takes to become a famous manager - I hope Everton gets lucky

I don't know enough of Perreira but I have watched Martinez very closely -

I am very positive about Martinez - just look at his body language - especially the eyes - he oozes confidence -

if Martinez is appointed he will have my full support -

he plays a progressive aggressive more European style of attacking football - very much like the Germans - the opposite of Red Moyes -

so yes - get Martinez over here as soon as possible to get Everton to the next level - playing attractive attacking football

795418-1.jpgtop.jpg

1004835-16298116-640-360.jpg