IGNORED

Antolín Alcaraz

I appreciate he may be able to play both positions, but its crazy how after one game people are bulling him up claiming he's the messiah who's going to lead us into the promised land.

I have always pushed for Stones and Oviedo to be given more game time and i'm glad for them, but lets not get carried away.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I' m quite excited to think we have another open at the back. Although stones is going to be a star I like the idea of jags and dystin worrying about their position. Roberto obviously rates him highly and I'd like to think he could be a Richard gough figure (I wish)

• 1 month later...

Three Fu**ing games and muscle fatigue! Bollocks! I am 60 years old, give me his wages and I will play 10 games!! Looked great in what he did, but really pissed me off hearing this crap! not fully recovered my arse! he is a professional athlete for god sake! If he was not capable, don't bloody play him! wait till he IS capable. cue the abuse !

Three Fu**ing games and muscle fatigue! Bollocks! I am 60 years old, give me his wages and I will play 10 games!! Looked great in what he did, but really pissed me off hearing this crap! not fully recovered my arse! he is a professional athlete for god sake! If he was not capable, don't bloody play him! wait till he IS capable. cue the abuse !

Seriously? This isn't the zingari league, different players have different make ups. They need to be managed right, he had 3 months out, any imbalances in the muscles will result in tears.

Paul McGrath, Lesley king, Duncan Ferguson, RVP needed tailored training.

It's not mind over matter, it's now a case of managing the players physiology intelligently. He is what is considered a higher risk player when it comes to injuries.

yeah and honestly it was the right move. jags and distin were injured so it was stones and alcaraz in there. what are you going to do, rest alcaraz and put heitinga in there? antolin played well and helped us get the results and now jags is back and he will miss 2 weeks (west brom, stevenage). distin should be back any day now so well have 3 centre backs. for the little we pay antolin (free transfer as well) it's not that big of a deal.

It's a shame for him as he has looked classy in his games so far, slotting in effortlessly alongside Distin and then helping John Stones through his first starts, but it's hardly surprising that he needs some recovery time after playing three games in quick succession. He had months out recovering from injuries and operations and we're lucky that he was able to fit seamlessly into the team, and it's good timing that Jags was fit for this weekend's game. I suspect that he would have played again yesterday if Jags wasn't available, but better that he gets some recovery time rather than keep pushing and risk injury.