IGNORED

Antolín Alcaraz

For the way Martinez plays, I'd sooner have McCarthy than Fellaini. I know it sounds mad but I believe its the case. McCarthy is disciplined, consistent, hard working and extremely mobile with a tremendous engine.

There are good and bad points on both sides.

McCarthey - Arguably is the better at defending. He had more blocks, clearances than Fellaini this season.

Fellaini - better at attack and when the ball is forward is good at passing. Felli played well this season. McCarthey is a bit like Gibbo I think good passer.

We will see what happens anyway, if McCarthey came to Everton I would welcome him anyway :-)

It is a shame though as he is worth more than that. I wish if Heitinga wasn't part of Moyes plans last season that we got rid of him then. Why do we leave it until the last year of their contract to say....where not sure about you, will you sign a new contract? Heitinga obviously wasn't going to sign a new contract with not playing a lot of games this season. I admire that about a footballer though, he could have signed a new contract and thought I will sit on the bench and get paid but instead he wants to move to a club where he can play regular football.

Fenerbahce are a club who like to pay peanuts for a player. We were arguing about Yobo for ages on end. They got Kuyt for like 1mil as he had a release clause in his contract that he could go to another foreign club for 1mil. They spent 8mil on Mirrelles but can't fork out 5-7mil for Heitinga?

That's how they negotiate. If there's a fee clause, they'll match it, negotiate with the player, withdraw the bid and submit a lower one with the player's offer unaffected knowing that the player has agreed terms.

Isn't that sorta what we did with Fer? :unsure:

I haven't read anything about Fenerbahce doing that btw. Heitinga's only said that our evaluation of his worth was too high.

FFS. Now it begins.

Can someone point out that their players got them relegated?

players exactly. It wasnt down to 1 person.

I dont know enough about the guy to be honest, but an internal on a free with cheap wages? worth risking a 2 year deal in my opinion.

Bit of informed opinions required here chaps... we don't have to pretend we know everything about every footballer but we can use the wonderful internet to get some info:-

Wigans league record with Alcaraz (2012/2013)

Played 9, Won 4, Drawn 1, Lost 4. Goals conceded per game 1.22, points per game 1.44, win percentage 44.44%

Wigans league record without Alcaraz (2012/2013)

Played 24, Won 4, Drawn 6, Lost 14. Goals conceded per game 2.04, points per game 0.75, win percentage 16.67%

Dunno about anyone else but for me that points to a highly important player that they have missed for a large chunk of games. A south american international, free transfer, low wages, allows us to free funds up by selling Heitinga, knows the Premier league (and has been well exposed to the best strikers)

Would be decent enough on a free transfer - 30 year old, so a good four of five years left on him as central defender. He's not going to be on massive wages, a two year deal wouldn't be the worst deal in the world. Probabley one of Wigan's better defenders. Cut his teeth in Italy. Already knows Martinez's requirements and tactics. He wouldn't come in on particualry large wages.

One of Wigan's biggest problems last season was having this guy (plus one or two others0 missing at the back. Missed most of last season with an injury (as pointed out above). Wigan did considerabley better when he was on the pitch.

If Heits does go, then a free centre back would not be a bad idea.

It's not a transfer that's going to set the world on fire, but not much risk on him.

By Felli? He crawled around on the ground like a little girl until the ball went out of play and then a team mate dragged him up....and it was only a tickle from Felli, more of a nudge than a full on butt.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q3GuFkmQvf8

It looked like a butt to me lol.

He is a big strong lad, young, experienced, and a good replacement for Distin.