IGNORED

Martinez confirmed as new manager

Guest blueboy122

Knobbeth offeth Haf.

I can understand a clown like Blueboy122 thinking I was serious about us being relegated, but you should know me better than that. :dry:

Phil Neville as our next manager you suggested.........................

Tell me who's the clown?

Phill Neville

Love it.

Do you prefer Dickhead?

Clown mate utter clown.

What on earth is your problem mate?

You don't call another member a tit just because you don't like their opinion. I was being tongue in cheek with the Championship thing. You were out of line, so why not pipe down.

Guest blueboy122

What on earth is your problem mate?

You don't call another member a tit just because you don't like their opinion. I was being tongue in cheek with the Championship thing. You were out of line, so why not pipe down.

Well leave it as your opinion then.

You sound like a clueless Kopite every time you speak about Martinez... He took a team down etc.

Give it a rest or get a new joke book.

Well leave it as your opinion then.

You sound like a clueless Kopite every time you speak about Martinez... He took a team down etc.

Give it a rest or get a new joke book.

I'll write what I feel at the time mate, and if you don't like it, move on to another opinion until you find one you agree with. I won't write the 'popular post' just to fit in. I'm not the only fan who doesn't want Martinez as manager, but if he gets the job, then my negativity towards him will cease, and he will be judged upon results, and supported accordingly. Until he gets it though, and I can tell you he might not, then I'll be considering his Premiership managerial record as below standard. If that doesn't sit well with you, put me on ignore. I think that's reasonable.

Guest blueboy122

I'll write what I feel at the time mate, and if you don't like it, move on to another opinion until you find one you agree with. I won't write the 'popular post' just to fit in. I'm not the only fan who doesn't want Martinez as manager, but if he gets the job, then my negativity towards him will cease, and he will be judged upon results, and supported accordingly. Until he gets it though, and I can tell you he might not, then I'll be considering his Premiership managerial record as below standard. If that doesn't sit well with you, put me on ignore. I think that's reasonable.

Boring.... Rather discuss Everton than politics of this forum.

I honestly believe that Jose Mouriniho wouldnt of kept Wigan up for so long.

You being Moyes's number one fan, do you think he could have kept Wigan up with his negative tatics inviting preasure. The only reason why Wigan stayed up so long was due to the fact that Martinez knew they were shite at the back so had to discover a way in which they relied more upon attacking and scoring rather than Moyes's soak up the preasure in your own half against poor poor opposition.

Boring.... Rather discuss Everton than politics of this forum.

I honestly believe that Jose Mouriniho wouldnt of kept Wigan up for so long.

You being Moyes's number one fan, do you think he could have kept Wigan up with his negative tatics inviting preasure. The only reason why Wigan stayed up so long was due to the fact that Martinez knew they were shite at the back so had to discover a way in which they relied more upon attacking and scoring rather than Moyes's soak up the preasure in your own half against poor poor opposition.

I had to say I chuckled that the very next line after stating you wanted to discuss Everton was about Wigan. :happy:

Wigan came to the Prem in 2005 under Jewell, who resigned 2 years later, and I'm sure you know that his assistant got the job, before Steve Bruce had a bash. In their first season, they finished above Everton in 10th place, and this was before they bought the big names etc who have since been sold.

They since finished 17th, 14th, 11th with Bruce going to Sunderland before Martinez took over.

Under Martinez, they finished 16th, 16th, 15th, and 18th (Relegated).

That's not 'my opinion' of Martinez. It's fact, sourced from looking at their stats.

As for your suggestion that they relied upon attack, they didn't score enough goals to do this. If you look at the table, their goals scored in the season was only 47 goals in 38 matches. They actually conceded 73, so that kind of puts pay to any suggestion that they could get by, by scoring.

They didn't, and the rest is history.

Now, I'm not saying Martinez is a bad manager, or a good one, but when you compare him to the managers in the 5 teams who finished above us, it kind of puts things into perspective, especially if we are to move forwards.

Ferguson

Mancini

Benitez / Mourinho

Wenger

Villas Boas

He might get lucky, and if he comes, I hope he does, but we shouldn't hire somebody based on myth, and that is what is happening regarding this so called 'fantastic football' that he plays. It proved with Wigan to be none productive, and a recipe for relegation.

I had to say I chuckled that the very next line after stating you wanted to discuss Everton was about Wigan. :happy:

Wigan came to the Prem in 2005 under Jewell, who resigned 2 years later, and I'm sure you know that his assistant got the job, before Steve Bruce had a bash. In their first season, they finished above Everton in 10th place, and this was before they bought the big names etc who have since been sold.

They since finished 17th, 14th, 11th with Bruce going to Sunderland before Martinez took over.

That's not 'my opinion' of Martinez. It's fact, sourced from looking at their stats.

As for your suggestion that they relied upon attack, they didn't score enough goals to do this. If you look at the table, their goals scored in the season was only 47 goals in 38 matches. They actually conceded 73, so that kind of puts pay to any suggestion that they could get by, by scoring.

Now, I'm not saying Martinez is a bad manager, or a good one, but when you compare him to the managers in the 5 teams who finished above us, it kind of puts things into perspective, especially if we are to move forwards.

Ferguson

Mancini

Benitez / Mourinho

Wenger

Villas Boas

He might get lucky, and if he comes, I hope he does, but we shouldn't hire somebody based on myth, and that is what is happening regarding this so called 'fantastic football' that he plays. It proved with Wigan to be none productive, and a recipe for relegation.

I should also point out that the other years weren't much better.

09-10 Goals for 37 / against 79

10-11 Goals for 40 / against 61

11-12 Goals for 42 / against 62

12-13 Goals for 47 / against 73

I'm sorry, but no matter how good folk feel they play, these figures are abysmal. In 4 years, he did not address any problems.

Guest blueboy122

Ferguson

Mancini

Benitez / Mourinho

Wenger

Villas Boas

Why did you chuckle?

Everton related topics rather than you and your issues.

Again what a clown.

Do one.

Lets get Alex Ferguson because he's dead good won loads of titles and that. Ha hold on. I just cant get over you suggested Phil Neville.

Love it mate your brilliant.

Guest blueboy122

I should also point out that the other years weren't much better.

09-10 Goals for 37 / against 79

10-11 Goals for 40 / against 61

11-12 Goals for 42 / against 62

12-13 Goals for 47 / against 73

I'm sorry, but no matter how good folk feel they play, these figures are abysmal. In 4 years, he did not address any problems.

Boring Zzzzzzzz

You might as well copy and paste because every time question are asked you go straight into the stat bin.

Bore off mate and answer question that are put to you.

Boring Zzzzzzzz

You might as well copy and paste because every time question are asked you go straight into the stat bin.

I gave you the opportunity to be civil and you blew it, so do me a favour and piss off.

Let's look at what he actually did to strengthen their defence, and he needed to, as if being beaten 9-1 by Spurs wasn't warning enough:

Defenders signed since 2009:

G.Caldwell - cost 500k

Gohouri - released 3 years later

Amaya - sold 2 years later for peanuts

Pistu - on a free

R.Stam - cost £2m

Alcaraz - on a free -

S.Caldwell - on a free - released following year

Aanholt - loan from Chavs

Kiernan - released after 1 season

Golobart - Loaned out

Ramis £5m

Hardly a huge effort to sort his defence out. :dont know:

To quote a recent article,

Klopp's spell in the Bundesliga with Mainz05 yielded the following figures:

Games Played:102 Wins:29 Draws:28 Losses:45 Win Rate:28.4%

Martinez's spell in the Premier League with Wigan Athletic yielded the following figures:

Games Played:175 Wins:51 Draws:47 Losses:78 Win Rate:29.14%

As can be seen, the respective performance rate of Klopp and Martinez is wellnigh identical and they both had to live through the sorrows of relegation. But Mainz05, it should be pointed out, are a considerably bigger club than Wigan Athletic.

Then Klopp moved on the Borussia Dortmund and the rest is history. I'm sincerely hoping the same will be said about Martinez in a few years' time.

Av, in fairness you are missing a massive point. Martinez had to bring wages down as Wigan were heading for serious trouble, he actually brought them down by 22% when all other clubs were increasing theirs.

In terms of attracting defensive quality he had absolute peanuts to work with. You can't compare his time at Wigan to Bruce and jewels, they were part of the problem in having some overpaid players.

I think people seem to forget how small a club Wigan are. Relegation was a certainty for them each year. You can't sort your defence out if you can't get top defenders. When they did get Ramos for £5m, he got injured and was out for the bulk of this season.

We all know that the site football-rumours is a load of rubbish rumours, but the Everton banter page is a good read. Lots of comments from Everton fans regarding possible transfers and the next manager. Basically the same views there as there are here. Some for Martinez, some against. Same arguments - good tactician, good on the transfer market vs 25% win ratio and getting relegated, poor defending.

http://www.evertonrumours.co.uk/everton-banter.php

Boring Zzzzzzzz

Are you deliberately ignoring everything put before you? Whilst I dont share the same level as skepticism, Av has provided evidence to back up his concerns, as he backed up his belief that Pip would be a good candidate. Meanwhile youve descended (not for the 1st time) into childish insults and repeated your opinion as if its fact. Theres nothing wrong with you disagreeing but try doing it without insults, just no need.

I think Martinez can do well (might just be acceptance talking here). The whole relegation fodder stats can be justified somewhat by the info given by Haf in this thread - sold best players and reduced debt at the same time. The issues of defence are fully justified at Wigan but at Everton we have solid CBs and will have some money to invest. My only remaining concern is the replacement of the background staff...

Good apointment - the obvious choice. We could have gone for Mackay but with no PL experience it was a bit of a risk.

Plus Laudrup would cost more in compensation than what Martinez did and he has only had one good season. Let's see how he does next season if clubs come in and buy his players. Pardrew did great in his first season at Newcastle - even was in contention for the England job at one point and then this season lucky to escape relegation.

Martinez has a good mind for football. Can get players on the cheap...

Guest blueboy122

Are you deliberately ignoring everything put before you? Whilst I dont share the same level as skepticism, Av has provided evidence to back up his concerns, as he backed up his belief that Pip would be a good candidate. Meanwhile youve descended (not for the 1st time) into childish insults and repeated your opinion as if its fact. Theres nothing wrong with you disagreeing but try doing it without insults, just no need.

I think Martinez can do well (might just be acceptance talking here). The whole relegation fodder stats can be justified somewhat by the info given by Haf in this thread - sold best players and reduced debt at the same time. The issues of defence are fully justified at Wigan but at Everton we have solid CBs and will have some money to invest. My only remaining concern is the replacement of the background staff...

Stats yes love stats.

Why dont you fuck off and stop interfering before I put a job application on you're behalf for loose women.