IGNORED

Nathan Redmond

I've only seen him at the U21 Euros but he was incredibly bad. Of course he was quite a bit younger than the opposition, but still, not nearly ready for Everton. We could buy and loan him out though if we have enough money to do such a thing and still strenghten our squad for next season.

I've only seen him at the U21 Euros but he was incredibly bad.

Funny, when I saw him i thought he looked a lot more promising than Zaha did in his cameo and he seemed to have a bit more intelligence about him than Ince, who was a kind of "knock it past and run" , Redmond always looked to link up with people. I think he good turn out to be a great signing.

All opinions if course.

Funny, when I saw him i thought he looked a lot more promising than Zaha did in his cameo and he seemed to have a bit more intelligence about him than Ince, who was a kind of "knock it past and run" , Redmond always looked to link up with people. I think he good turn out to be a great signing.

All opinions if course.

Sure, mine's more accurate though ;)

I've only seen him at the U21 Euros but he was incredibly bad. Of course he was quite a bit younger than the opposition, but still, not nearly ready for Everton. We could buy and loan him out though if we have enough money to do such a thing and still strenghten our squad for next season.

Didn't everybody look incredibily bad though? We lost all three of our matches. Everyone in that England team looked like they couldn't play football. We got beat by Israel.

Sure, mine's more accurate though ;)

Far from it...

Most of the team played poorly and He was one of the better players albeit not great.

You can't judge the lad so quickly and dismiss him from only watching three poor games! He's Birmingham best player at only 19 with more than enough time and potential to develop into a very solid Prem player...

At £3M he'd be a bargain

Edited by EFC-Paul

Worth a try.

Spoke to a Birmingham City fan who says Redmond very good all round, good pace, excellent work rate, excellent crosser, chips in with his share of goals. Most would be sorry to see him leave there.

Has a lot of potential, decent player already. Consistency lacks but it does with most youngsters. For £3m, it's a snip. The fact that he's English would normally add £5m, so technically Birmingham would be paying us if he came in for that price!!

Bought him on FIFA (for Everton ironically) in a January window where he had 6 months left on his contract for 750k. I swear every player I buy on FIFA we end up being linked to. Decent, young player, though,

Could you try and sign Rooney on FIFA pls?

Far from it...

Most of the team played poorly and He was one of the better players albeit not great.

You can't judge the lad so quickly and dismiss him from only watching three poor games! He's Birmingham best player at only 19 with more than enough time and potential to develop into a very solid Prem player...

At £3M he'd be a bargain

I didn't think he was one of the better players. You could see he was a special physical specimen for his age, but he also looked like he didn't belong on a football pitch. Very poor man's Lennon/Walcott. I guess it's possible they all lose all of their ability once they play for England though, Butland looked like it was his first time in goal and I've read he's supposed to become world class. Is a winger who scored 2 goals in 38 Championship games really Birmingham's best player btw?

Just the type of young player we should be going for. £3 million is a bargain. I watched him when he made his debut for Birmingham in Europe a few seasons ago and he tore the left back apart. Absolutely rapid and can't see for the life of me people can name is a poor mans anything as he is just starting his career

I didn't think he was one of the better players. You could see he was a special physical specimen for his age, but he also looked like he didn't belong on a football pitch. Very poor man's Lennon/Walcott. I guess it's possible they all lose all of their ability once they play for England though, Butland looked like it was his first time in goal and I've read he's supposed to become world class. Is a winger who scored 2 goals in 38 Championship games really Birmingham's best player btw?

You've watched him three times for a team that was poor across the park and from those three games you've made a solid conclusion and massive assumption he's a poor man's Lennon/Walcott...

A very naive and poor judgement to be honest as you obviously know very little of the lad from three games, if he stays at Brum I suggest you watch a few of their games before commenting as you have no idea about the lad.

He's a winger not a striker btw if he assists and creates chances then he's doing his job and don't get me wrong he's no world beater but for me is better then Ince as he has similar qualities but a better work ethic and attitude and has bags of potential.

Edited by EFC-Paul

The comparison to Walcott/Lennon can be easily made with Ince but I think Redmond has a bit more about him than they did at his age. 2 goals in 38 games... You can't be serious? He's 19 for Christ sake! And he's been in and around the first team since he was 18! It's people with opinions like that, that are the reason the national team fail so miserably.

Ey your 18 and didn't score 10 goals in your first season. Tough luck kid, go and spend your time in league 2.

Just the type of young player we should be going for. £3 million is a bargain. I watched him when he made his debut for Birmingham in Europe a few seasons ago and he tore the left back apart. Absolutely rapid and can't see for the life of me people can name is a poor mans anything as he is just starting his career

So what if he's just starting his career? Thousands of youngsters are just starting their careers across the world, so it's impossible to say about any one of them that they aren't any good? If someone plays like shit, he plays like shit.

You've watched him three times for a team that was poor across the park and from those three games you've made a solid conclusion and massive assumption he's a poor man's Lennon/Walcott...

A very naive and poor judgement to be honest as you obviously know very little of the lad from three games, if he stays at Brum I suggest you watch a few of their games before commenting as you have no idea about the lad.

He's a winger not a striker btw if he assists and creates chances then he's doing his job and don't get me wrong he's no world beater but for me is better then Ince as he has similar qualities but a better work ethic and attitude and has bags of potential.

I didn't make a definite conclusion, I gave the opinion that I formed on the games I did see of him. I even said in my earlier post that he could be worth the risk if we could loan him back out. And the guy with 2 goals and 5 assists is better than the guy with 18 goals and 14 assists in the same league? Really? Ince always had his head up when he had the ball and looked to play it short.

The comparison to Walcott/Lennon can be easily made with Ince but I think Redmond has a bit more about him than they did at his age. 2 goals in 38 games... You can't be serious? He's 19 for Christ sake! And he's been in and around the first team since he was 18! It's people with opinions like that, that are the reason the national team fail so miserably.

Ey your 18 and didn't score 10 goals in your first season. Tough luck kid, go and spend your time in league 2.

Again, like I said above, Ince looked to play football. Redmond looks like he has pace and not much else. I didn't say he wasn't good enough for Birmingham either, did I? I questioned whether someone who scored 2 goals as a winger could be labeled a team's best player.

Edited by Steve_E

I'd say Zaha is a much better all round player than Redmond but Zaha has got at least a seasons more experience. Redmond is potential and at £2-3m he's well worth investing in - if it doesn't work-out then he'll still prob be worth that in 5yrs time but if it does work-out, well... I must say I wasn't overly impressed with him last season but he's young and seems to have the attributes required to be a very good player. If Roberto rates him then that's good enough for me!

So what if he's just starting his career? Thousands of youngsters are just starting their careers across the world, so it's impossible to say about any one of them that they aren't any good? If someone plays like shit, he plays like shit. (says you)

football is about opinions but the national papers had Redmond the star player over a £15 million pound player in the same under 21 game I bow to your knowledge

Edited by Tricky Trev

So what if he's just starting his career? Thousands of youngsters are just starting their careers across the world, so it's impossible to say about any one of them that they aren't any good? If someone plays like shit, he plays like shit. (says you)

football is about opinions but the national papers had Redmond the star player over a £15 million pound player in the same game I bow to your knowledge

I wasn't talking about his European debut, he may very well have done very good against Nacional, he was shit in the Euros. I was actually be kind to him too, fellas, he really played like a very poor man's Jermaine Pennant! Also, if "the national papers" were talking about him as 15 million pound player after a 0-0 against a mid table Portuguese team, that just goes to show you you're an idiot if you take them seriously.

All opinions if course.

I actually think its the other way round. Redmond is the type to get his head down and just run where as Ince was looking around, playing decent balls and making some very intelligent runs at times. Ince is a much smarter player than Redmond. I think Redmond has talent but he looks no different now compared to when he burst on the scene.

I agree about Redmond. He has pace, the odd trick but not much football intelligence. For 2mil I suppose we could buy him, possibly send him out on loan and then try and flog him for a profit if it doesnt work out but I would rather spend the 2mil on someone who is better and has more potential.

I agree about Redmond. He has pace, the odd trick but not much football intelligence. For 2mil I suppose we could buy him, possibly send him out on loan and then try and flog him for a profit if it doesnt work out but I would rather spend the 2mil on someone who is better and has more potential.

Can hardly get a packet of cheese and onion with a pickled egg for 2 mil these days