IGNORED

Nathan Redmond

Theres a few things to consider.

Will he improve on the current starting 11?

Are there other more important signings lurking about that Everton need the money for?

Is Fellaini leaving or not? If not, is the available funds marked for more urgent signings?

If he is leaving, are the available funds marked for a shock marqee signing? (yea right)

Is Fer still in the loop? The funds had his name all over it in jan

Was Everton hoping to tie him up with what little funds were left?

Is BK bullshitting regarding giving Bob a little funds to play with?

Etc etc.

Perhaps Everton looked at Redmond and valued him at 1.5 mil and not a penny more. Nice to have but not that important right now?

Will he improve on the current starting 11? Better wing option than Naismith or Pienaar, He's young and English

Are there other more important signings lurking about that Everton need the money for? LOL like who, it's a very small amount £2m and it's a postion that needs strengthening even just as backup

Is Fellaini leaving or not? If not, is the available funds marked for more urgent signings?Im past caring about Felli tbh, the sooner he's gone the better. I think that is our "few quid" Kenwright was talking about

If he is leaving, are the available funds marked for a shock marqee signing? (yea right)We are NOT in a position to make marque signing's due to the average age of the current squad. We need numbers

Is Fer still in the loop? The funds had his name all over it in jan Why would he be? he was Moyes target, from what i have seen Fer is not what we want anyway imo

Was Everton hoping to tie him up with what little funds were left? We have serious issues imo if we can't match a bid for £2m against Swansea, does Martinez realise what he's walked into?

Is BK bullshitting regarding giving Bob a little funds to play with? Yes, i think we are relying on player sales

Etc etc.

Perhaps Everton looked at Redmond and valued him at 1.5 mil and not a penny more. Nice to have but not that important right now?

Better wing option than Naismith or Pienaar, He's young and English - Better than Naisy? Yes, Pienaar right now? No. We also have Coleman, Oviedo, both can cover wing positions

LOL like who, it's a very small amount £2m and it's a postion that needs strengthening even just as backup - But lets say we have 9 mil, 7.5 of them are earmarked for other players leaving 1.5 for Redmond

Im past caring about Felli tbh, the sooner he's gone the better. I think that is our "few quid" Kenwright was talking about - Ah yes but if we sell him we need another set of skills than we do with him in the team. Does Redmond supply that?

We are NOT in a position to make marque signing's due to the average age of the current squad. We need numbers - I agree, but there are a lot of ways to spend 22 mil. 3 players at around 7 mil for example.

Why would he be? he was Moyes target, from what i have seen Fer is not what we want anyway imo - He was DM's target because he fits the mould. RM wont change the mould that much so Fer is very much still an option

We have serious issues imo if we can't match a bid for £2m against Swansea, does Martinez realise what he's walked into? - As I said. RM might have earmarked a large portion of the available cash on other players. Rafinho, Torres or Honda? Maybe theres just 1.5 left after purchasing one or two of these? Wont want to risk loosing out on Honda because he has to buy Redmond now.

Yes, i think we are relying on player sales

Etc etc.

Better wing option than Naismith or Pienaar, He's young and English - Better than Naisy? Yes, Pienaar right now? No. We also have Coleman, Oviedo, both can cover wing positions

LOL like who, it's a very small amount £2m and it's a postion that needs strengthening even just as backup - But lets say we have 9 mil, 7.5 of them are earmarked for other players leaving 1.5 for Redmond

Im past caring about Felli tbh, the sooner he's gone the better. I think that is our "few quid" Kenwright was talking about - Ah yes but if we sell him we need another set of skills than we do with him in the team. Does Redmond supply that?

We are NOT in a position to make marque signing's due to the average age of the current squad. We need numbers - I agree, but there are a lot of ways to spend 22 mil. 3 players at around 7 mil for example.

Why would he be? he was Moyes target, from what i have seen Fer is not what we want anyway imo - He was DM's target because he fits the mould. RM wont change the mould that much so Fer is very much still an option

We have serious issues imo if we can't match a bid for £2m against Swansea, does Martinez realise what he's walked into? - As I said. RM might have earmarked a large portion of the available cash on other players. Rafinho, Torres or Honda? Maybe theres just 1.5 left after purchasing one or two of these? Wont want to risk loosing out on Honda because he has to buy Redmond now.

Yes, i think we are relying on player sales

Etc etc.

1.Mate, did you see Pienaar play last season? he was horrible at times. His partnership with Baines had been completely sussed out by every other team in the league, and unlike Baines he didn't seem to have anything else in his locker to offer the team, i can't believe that Redmond could be any worse than Pienaar was last season that's all. Oviedo and Coleman are both really fullbacks lets be honest now. Think how bad Coleman was at right midfield for 2 years? then look how good he is at right back after 1 year? another season like last and this time next season he will have surpassed Baines as the best fullback at the club. Already been some talk down here for a while that Chelsea are interested in him.

2.Yeah i see what you mean but it's a priority position is it not? we need another winger/s unless Martinez is planning on playing a different way that is.

3.No, it won't be a new set of skills i agree with you on that, it will similar to what we get from Mirallas, but it's not like we are blessed with an abundance of game changers is it. I do see your point however.

4.This is exactly what i hope we do. I do NOT under any circumstances want to see us making £15m bids for the likes of James Mcarthy, it's got to be spread about a bit.

5.Im not so sure, Fer is very attack minded and we need more box to box imo, Mcarthy is the right guy but not at the prices being quoted.

6.I don't mind if it's being kept for someone like Honda, to get him would be huge, and in all honesty id rate Honda better than Fellaini anyway.

Oviedo does play left back for Costa Rica and he did for Copenhagen. IMO he isn't anymore of an option out wide than for instance Osman or Coleman are, they should only play there in case of emergencies.

Pienaar wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be either, especially not in the second half of the season. There's no way Redmond starts ahead of him, imo there's no way Redmond gets much playing time at all. He'd be another Magaye Gueye signing, he won't really feature in the beginning and he might not even play later on either.

I do love how players are written off after a bad patch.

Pienaar annoyed the shit out of me with his poor performances, but that doesn't mean he is a poor player full stop. Of course he's going to be on the wane with his age but but to be completely written off is ridiculous. He still has something to offer, just maybe not as a regular starter.

Redmond has potential, I like the look of him a lot but to even talk about him being a guaranteed starter ahead of Pienaar is barmy. He hasn't even played at the top level.

I've got no issues with Pienaar playing, I just think he should be moved to the middle. The game is always evolving, and we need faster wide-midfielders to counter to some of these quick, attacking fullbacks that are so popular now.

I also think other teams have figured out the Baines/Pienaar relationship, and it's become stale for us. We need another winger badly, IMO.

Pienaar annoyed the shit out of me with his poor performances, but that doesn't mean he is a poor player full stop. Of course he's going to be on the wane with his age but but to be completely written off is ridiculous. He still has something to offer, just maybe not as a regular starter.

Redmond has potential, I like the look of him a lot but to even talk about him being a guaranteed starter ahead of Pienaar is barmy. He hasn't even played at the top level.

Exactly. People are talking like a 19 year old playing well for Birmingham (2 goals, 6 assists in the Championship this season) is going to waltz into Everton's first 11 ahead of Steven Pienaar (6 goals, 8 assists in the Premier League this season). That's just not gonna happen.

I've got no issues with Pienaar playing, I just think he should be moved to the middle. The game is always evolving, and we need faster wide-midfielders to counter to some of these quick, attacking fullbacks that are so popular now.

I also think other teams have figured out the Baines/Pienaar relationship, and it's become stale for us. We need another winger badly, IMO.

You have to wonder how true that is:

http://www.eplindex.com/34237/importance-baines-pienaar-stats-analysis.html

Exactly. People are talking like a 19 year old playing well for Birmingham (2 goals, 6 assists in the Championship this season) is going to waltz into Everton's first 11 ahead of Steven Pienaar (6 goals, 8 assists in the Premier League this season). That's just not gonna happen.

People are not saying that at all but people who have seen the lad more than three times know he is a better player then He showed at one tournament!

He's 19 is already a decent player and has time and potential to develop and will cost peanuts in today's world, that's why people who have seen him play would welcome him here for the figures quoted.

People are not saying that at all but people who have seen the lad more than three times know he is a better player then He showed at one tournament!

He's 19 is already a decent player and has time and potential to develop and will cost peanuts in today's world, that's why people who have seen him play would welcome him here for the figures quoted.

Again, I have already stated that I'm not against his signing. He still has lots of developing to do before he's good enough to play for Everton though and lots of people seem to be forgetting that. There is no way that at this moment, he's better than the players that helped Everton finish sixth in the Premier League. Look at Gueye: he was 19 when we signed him, he was playing well in the French Ligue 2 (scoring 9 goals in 24 appearances for Strasbourg actually) and he was a French U21 international. That's pretty similar to Redmond at the moment. As you see, there's no guarantee that someone who does reasonably well at a young age is ever going to turn into anything more than a reasonably good player. The lack of finesse he displayed at the Euros doesn't bode well imo, but I do in fact realize I only saw him play for 3 games, which is why I wouldn't be against taking a gamble on him, if we have money to spare. I wouldn't want to miss out on a player like Honda for example because we're missing £2m because we spent it on "one for the future".

Im not saying that Redmond should walk in ahead of Pienaar, but we do need another winger and we need someone on that left side, as Mirallas always seems to be on the right, so the chances are Pienaar is not going to be a starter next year anyway if we get someone

Mirallas has actually been a left winger for his entire professional career, apart from a brief period in the beginning (he first came into Lille's team as a striker). His finishing is also one of his better qualities and the angles for a shot he would get coming in from the left would really benefit him. If he stays healthy and plays on the left next season, he could score 10+ goals imo.

I guess I stand corrected at the moment then. I will say that "chances" is a loose term when you consider that half-chances are also playing into this statistic I would imagine, but even by that notion, they've still doubled them from 2 seasons ago.

Interesting little tidbit at the end:

"After Baines and Pienaar enjoyed their most productive campaign, both personally and collectively, Everton need to remove the creative ball and chain from these two. As brilliant as they are, this pairing is regularly overworked; the other players must ease the pressure during the forthcoming season."

This

It is true that teams have sussed out the Baines/Piennar combination but they have only managed to nullify it by overloading on that side of the pitch. They could get away with that for most of last season because we were so one dimensional however with Mirallas /Coleman now fit and bombing down the right teams wont be able to do that anymore

This

It is true that teams have sussed out the Baines/Piennar combination but they have only managed to nullify it by overloading on that side of the pitch. They could get away with that for most of last season because we were so one dimensional however with Mirallas /Coleman now fit and bombing down the right teams wont be able to do that anymore

I agree with you on this, my point was more that last season even though nulified, Baines still showed he had something else in the locker, whereas Pienaar didn't, Pienaar has never been one of my favorites but he has been a great servant to the club and id never right him off just yet, although like Osman i think he should be more of a bench player that's all.

Oviedo does play left back for Costa Rica and he did for Copenhagen. IMO he isn't anymore of an option out wide than for instance Osman or Coleman are, they should only play there in case of emergencies.

Pienaar wasn't nearly as bad as people make him out to be either, especially not in the second half of the season. There's no way Redmond starts ahead of him, imo there's no way Redmond gets much playing time at all. He'd be another Magaye Gueye signing, he won't really feature in the beginning and he might not even play later on either.

Both of these. Pienaar was very frustrating last season and deserved to be sitting on the bench more than he was but by the end of the season he was starting to show his form again and to say Redmond, who I thought was equally frustrating in the games I saw of him last season, should be given Pienaar's spot is crazy talk.

I still dont think we should waste that amount of money on him. He is your typical quick, head down, dumb English winger. They can make themselves a decent career under the right manager but I think we need a much more intelligent player if we are going to progress as a club.

Both of these. Pienaar was very frustrating last season and deserved to be sitting on the bench more than he was but by the end of the season he was starting to show his form again and to say Redmond, who I thought was equally frustrating in the games I saw of him last season, should be given Pienaar's spot is crazy talk.

I still dont think we should waste that amount of money on him. He is your typical quick, head down, dumb English winger. They can make themselves a decent career under the right manager but I think we need a much more intelligent player if we are going to progress as a club.

Dumb English winger? Bit harsh don't know how you can come up with that statement due to the fact you probably haven't watched him play more than 3 times for a full 90 minutes. Players have to start somewhere. Ive seen us miss out on Darren Bent(Ipswich),Moses(Palace),Powell (utd) due to the fact that we are too cautious. Redmond was being spoke about as a City target this time last year for £12 million. Fuck me if it doesn't work out we arnt going to lose out are we? Some people are so short sighted

Dumb English winger? Bit harsh don't know how you can come up with that statement due to the fact you probably haven't watched him play more than 3 times for a full 90 minutes. Players have to start somewhere. Ive seen us miss out on Darren Bent(Ipswich),Moses(Palace),Powell (utd) due to the fact that we are too cautious. Redmond was being spoke about as a City target this time last year for £12 million. Fuck me if it doesn't work out we arnt going to lose out are we? Some people are so short sighted

I have seen him play in about a dozen games. Not all the way through in every game but i have never really seen much in him. He has scored a couple of good goals but his overall contribution hasnt been worth 500k let alone 2mil. When I say dumb I am referring to his footballing brain btw. He is the type of player that will find himself some space and completely piss that final ball up the wall.

I dont think he has really improved since he came on the scene and I dont see him improving much now tbh.

Bent would have been a waste of money for us because all he can do is finish when we need so much more albeit he is/was a very good finisher, Moses always had that touch of class about him despite his rawness and I havent seen enough of Powell to comment.

I couldnt give a toss as to who he is linked with, afterall they signed Sinclair who is a better version but still a very average player in terms of premiership quality.

Im all for signing young British talent but I simply dont think he is a talent and Id rather we used that money as part of another transfer for someone much better.

We won't be active until after 1st July when Moyes has officially gone and the backroom team takes shape so people moaning about us not signing and paper speculation need to chill out!

We'll be active, just give Roberto a chance to actually meet and work with his team first though please!!!

I can't comment that much as I haven't seen him play. But if there must be reason why already at 19 years old and English he is only being talked about in the £2M bracket and it the likes of Norwich and Swansea are after signing him, rather than the likes Spurs, Arsenal, Liverpool.

He is obviously not in the Zaha, Walcott, Oxale Chamberlin bracket. I will not lose much sleep if we don't purchase him.

I'd rather have mcmanaman if poss I think we can make a move on him although he will cost more.

I would too but His value has been massively inflated and would cost at least three or four times more than Redmond for a player who is very similar...