IGNORED

Nathan Redmond

I have seen him play in about a dozen games. Not all the way through in every game but i have never really seen much in him. He has scored a couple of good goals but his overall contribution hasnt been worth 500k let alone 2mil. When I say dumb I am referring to his footballing brain btw. He is the type of player that will find himself some space and completely piss that final ball up the wall.

I dont think he has really improved since he came on the scene and I dont see him improving much now tbh.

Bent would have been a waste of money for us because all he can do is finish when we need so much more albeit he is/was a very good finisher, Moses always had that touch of class about him despite his rawness and I havent seen enough of Powell to comment.

I couldnt give a toss as to who he is linked with, afterall they signed Sinclair who is a better version but still a very average player in terms of premiership quality.

Im all for signing young British talent but I simply dont think he is a talent and Id rather we used that money as part of another transfer for someone much better.

Bent would have been a waste of money? what planet are you on? he went to Charlton from Ipswich for £2.5 mill and got sold to Spurs for £13 mill after scoring tons of goals as a lone striker. Redmond is 19 playing regularly in a really tough league. In the Prem he will have more time on the ball and will be COACHED along the way by Martinez. He has had European experience and in some of those matches ripped the fullback a new arsehole.We would be crazy not to sign this lad

Guest Ph3nom3non

For anyone has played football manager he turns into a top player and goes for 20 mil plusfter a couple of seasons, i mean alot of teams use the game as a scouting system as it seems to get some things right at 2 mil i say it would be worth a punt.

Seen him play a thew times and we need a young pacy winger dont want to fall behind with lots of other clubs building for the future

Bent would have been a waste of money? what planet are you on? he went to Charlton from Ipswich for £2.5 mill and got sold to Spurs for £13 mill after scoring tons of goals as a lone striker. Redmond is 19 playing regularly in a really tough league. In the Prem he will have more time on the ball and will be COACHED along the way by Martinez. He has had European experience and in some of those matches ripped the fullback a new arsehole.We would be crazy not to sign this lad

Because he wouldn't have played how we want him to. Bent is not a lone striker, he doesn't run channels and he doesn't bring others into play. He wouldn't have worked very well in our system and if he doesn't play or play well he moves on for peanuts not millions. I must admit I was thinking you meant his move from Sunderland to Villa for some reason and in his case I would say that a goal scorer proven in the PL (which he was) would have been worth that gamble. Don't forget this is 2005 and that price would be doubled at the very least had it been 2013.

Redmond is a completely different kettle of fish. Yes he has talent, and yes 2mil would be a fair price in the current market but he hasn't really developed since he came onto the scene, he isn't an intelligent footballer and he isn't even one of the best players in the Championship and we shouldn't just be buying him because he is young, English and cheap.

He made his league debut in the 2011/2012 season at the age of 17 Bailey from which He was quickly moved through the England youth set up from the under 17's through to the under 21's and also won young player of the year in his first professional season for Birmingham

He's only played two full seasons and in that time has improved, not to be rude but honestly have you actually watched many of Birmingham's games? to label him as not being an intelligent footballer is harsh and makes me wonder if you actually have seen much of him.

Don't get me wrong he's no footballing genius but name me many wingers that are? He's not a lynch pin creative midfielder his job is to beat players and create chances which for the most part he does.

People bang on about Anichebe being young enough to develop at bloody 25 years of age after years of failed improvement up until very recently and some where pleased with his performances out wide and we get linked with a decent young and cheap talent he gets wrote off even before any interest is even official....

He made his league debut in the 2011/2012 season at the age of 17 Bailey from which He was quickly moved through the England youth set up from the under 17's through to the under 21's and also won young player of the year in his first professional season for Birmingham

He's only played two full seasons and in that time has improved, not to be rude but honestly have you actually watched many of Birmingham's games? to label him as not being an intelligent footballer is harsh and makes me wonder if you actually have seen much of him.

Don't get me wrong he's no footballing genius but name me many wingers that are? He's not a lynch pin creative midfielder his job is to beat players and create chances which for the most part he does.

People bang on about Anichebe being young enough to develop at bloody 25 years of age after years of failed improvement up until very recently and some where pleased with his performances out wide and we get linked with a decent young and cheap talent he gets wrote off even before any interest is even official....

Exactly, two full seasons playing plenty of games in the process and yet he hasnt really stepped up to the level that was expected of him when he came on the scene. Vic was never given a run of games and its not unsurprising that when he was he improved for it. He just doesnt strike me as a player that has lots more improvement in him, especially not to be a top 6 club starter.

As I have said previously, I have seen him in a few games and whilst I havent watched he full 90mins I dont see why there is quite this much hype. He has promise and he has talent, without doubt, but he is raw and he doesnt show much intelligence in the runs he makes or in his decisions on the ball which is what separates the top players from the average. He may beat his man, but its no good to anyone if he cant pick out the pass or finish the move and thats what I mean when I refer to his intelligence.

Im not meaning to sound like I am writing him off, but I think £2mil is a lot for us to pay for someone who isnt good enough for the first team and has already played fairly regular football in the first team. If I was a Swansea/Villa fan whose owners have money to spend and can take the risk on such a player then I would say bring him in, but we have much bigger fish to fry and we have spent enough on young players who never see the first team and leave for peanuts.

Wasting £2 mill? you get fuck all for that these days. We spent more than that on a fullback that had played around 30 professional games.Its called INVESTING!

I'm not hyping Him up but being realistic to the fact we would struggle to sign many players who could walk in and improve our starting eleven from the word go and players like him who are young and have the ability and scope for development at a low fee.

We have to look at lads like Redmond who let's face it is never going to set the world alight playing for a average Championship side like Birmingham.

Look at Zaha who to most looked nothing more than a show pony who has a piss poor return for a forward and other then the tricks seems to have very little about him in terms of football intelligence who now plays for one of the biggest clubs in world football.....

Not the same players granted but the point is both have time and the ability to become better players.

Awesome. The lad needs to be bought! I think there is something in the story as Lee Clark has stated a fee has been agreed with two clubs. if so why hasn't he gone? Can see us getting him this week

Awesome. The lad needs to be bought! I think there is something in the story as Lee Clark has stated a fee has been agreed with two clubs. if so why hasn't he gone? Can see us getting him this week

He's just back from his holiday so his future may be sorted/more clear this week.