IGNORED

Toby Alderweireld

Are we taking this as an alternative to Distin? or as a replacement for Heitinga. In fairness Heit's has played in a midfield role under Martinez so far. Quality signing if we get him, hopefully Mirallas has been on the phone to him putting a good word in.

As much as I like Distin I'd put him ahead of him. If Alders signs I think he will be our main defender alongside Jagielka.

I think the biggest obstacle would be Johnny's wages as Ajax won't pay the sort of money he's on here. Even if we made up the difference for the final year of his contract, it would depend on Heitinga being willing to drop to a lower wage at Ajax.

Heitinga has actually said he wants one more move (payday) before returning to Ajax that's why a rumour I've just heard on talksport could have something to it... Al Ahli in Dubai? Came from Warren Haughton who does their transfer round up - is he usually reliable?

How does everybody know how much Heitinga earns? Why would anyone not buy Heitinga because we pay him too much? His income is mentioned in this thread (amongst many others) so I've put this here.

I don't get it. If he runs his contract down we don't renew it, he looks shite, he moves on, fair enough we don't get any money for him but at least we will have his ENORMOUS weekly pay whatever that is off our payroll because that, it seems, is what's holding things up.

How much is it? Must be an incredible amount of money.

How does everybody know how much Heitinga earns? Why would anyone not buy Heitinga because we pay him too much? His income is mentioned in this thread (amongst many others) so I've put this here.

I don't get it. If he runs his contract down we don't renew it, he looks shite, he moves on, fair enough we don't get any money for him but at least we will have his ENORMOUS weekly pay whatever that is off our payroll because that, it seems, is what's holding things up.

How much is it? Must be an incredible amount of money.

rumours were that we broke our pay structure when we signed him, 60k a week is what I heard

rumours were that we broke our pay structure when we signed him, 60k a week is what I heard

Well, that is an incredible amount of money (to me) and it sounds like it's a mega amount for Everton to pay but is average in the big scheme of things. If he is earning that and is holding out for the same or similar somewhere else then I don't blame anybody for not signing him as he isn't and never has been worth that much and he can only hope for something similar when he leaves with no additional fee involved.

(Does this need to be shifted to any existing thread for Heitinga?) - good god, since mods have been mentioned a couple of times recently I've gone all nervous..... and I've only been here five minutes.....

Marc Overmars (currently Ajax' director of football) has confirmed they have received another offer for Alderweireld. Belgian and Dutch newspapers seem to think Spartak Moscow have made an offer.

I saw something on twitter this morning that was saying he is not keen on a move to Russia.

Marc Overmars (currently Ajax' director of football) has confirmed they have received another offer for Alderweireld. Belgian and Dutch newspapers seem to think Spartak Moscow have made an offer.

Can we make an offer for Overmars? I'm sure he would be cheap and would still get in our team!

Can we make an offer for Overmars? I'm sure he would be cheap and would still get in our team!

We should keep tabs on their marketing director (Edwin van der Sar), manager (Frank de Boer), assistant manager (Dennis Bergkamp) and defensive trainer (Jaap Stam) as well. Talented players. ;)

This would be exactly the kind of signing we need. Not that we particularly need a central defender, but Distin, Alcaraz and Jags are all on the wrong side of 30. This is a young player with a lot of potential, relatively cheap, yet ready to go straight into our starting XI if needed.

Which means he'll probably sign for Spurs or something.