IGNORED

Toby Alderweireld

It's not gonna happen. He'll go somewhere like Norwich...how a player like Medel can go to f*cking Cardiff, I have no idea. Some shit teams are buying top talent...we on the other hand, seriously lacking on the "improve the first team" front.

He's already turned Norwich down after they agreed a £6.8m fee with Ajax. He's turned down Russian clubs in the past as well, so maybe he will again. If only someone would pay up for Heitinga before all our targets are gone. I wouldn't mind Hector Moreno, who we've recently been linked with, either though, plus he's left-footed.

It's not gonna happen. He'll go somewhere like Norwich...how a player like Medel can go to f*cking Cardiff, I have no idea. Some shit teams are buying top talent...we on the other hand, seriously lacking on the "improve the first team" front.

He cost them £11million. Cardiff spent £11million on one player... after spending £8million on another player :(.

He cost them £11million. Cardiff spent £11million on one player... after spending £8million on another player :(.

I know sad ain't it mate.

I have a feeling there will be a few shouts of "where's the money gone" at Kenwright this afternoon, im interested to see what the reaction is towards him.

Edited by Simon

Overmars says "We won't give any names as we are still in talks."

Der Telegraf reports that the unnamed bidders are Spartak Moscow.

Which leads the Mail to the headline....

Ajax confirm Everton bid for £5m defender Alderweireld.

:dont know:

You got there first

Everton isn't even mentioned in Dutch reports at the moment. According to Russian source Tvoi Den, Spartak will offer Alderweireld a 4 year/€12m contract. No way he's turning that down if that's true. Obviously I have no clue whether or not Tvoi Den is a reliable source.

Also, I don't know why the Mail think he's rated at £5m as it's pretty open that they agreed a fee with Norwich for £6.8m earlier, I don't think they'll accept less now.

Edited by Steve_E

Everton isn't even mentioned in Dutch reports at the moment. According to Russian source Tvoi Den, Spartak will offer Alderweireld a 4 year/€12m contract. No way he's turning that down if that's true. Obviously I have no clue whether or not Tvoi Den is a reliable source.

Also, I don't know why the Mail think he's rated at £5m as it's pretty open that they agreed a fee with Norwich for £6.8m earlier, I don't think they'll accept less now.

thought he came out saying Russia doesn't interest him? Agree with the price though, another example of the daily fail living up to its alias...

That's about him supposedly rejecting moves to other Russian clubs in the past. Not about him turning down Spartak now. I see English media are now also reporting about Tottenham interest. But I'm pretty confident the actual offer was from Spartak. De Telegraaf is very reliable for Ajax news and Aras Ozbiliz, a former Ajax youngster who has joined Spartak this summer from Kuban Krasnodar, has also talked in the media urging Alderweireld to join Spartak.

That's about him supposedly rejecting moves to other Russian clubs in the past. Not about him turning down Spartak now. I see English media are now also reporting about Tottenham interest. But I'm pretty confident the actual offer was from Spartak. De Telegraaf is very reliable for Ajax news and Aras Ozbiliz, a former Ajax youngster who has joined Spartak this summer from Kuban Krasnodar, has also talked in the media urging Alderweireld to join Spartak.

i'll trust ya ;) I'm sure I read he said he wasn't interested in going to Russia but I guess that could've been another media "fact"

Yep and add to that 7.5 million for Cornelius.

Close to 30 million spent by Cardiff. It's certainly a statement.

Wouldn't have minded Caulker here. Big and strong centre half and only 21/22

true. Ok, Sunderland as another example of a team that spent loads and achieved nothing...

My point wasn't really about them achieving anything, or even that I'd want the players they've bought. More that it's sickening that a newly promoted side can spend those sorts of amounts on players while we, an established top 8 club, have to be careful when spending as little as £5million on a player.

A lot has got to do with annual wage expenditure and of course the initial boost of £££ as a team comes into the EPL. Cardiff's annual wage will be at least £10m less than ours I would imagine - teams like Stoke spent big on their arrival to the EPL but now you see they're having to be a bit tighter as their wages are growing.

Yes it is sickening to see teams go out and spend this and some do with even a higher wage expenditure than us but all in all we do spend a lot of money but a lot of it is on players we already have.

My point wasn't really about them achieving anything, or even that I'd want the players they've bought. More that it's sickening that a newly promoted side can spend those sorts of amounts on players while we, an established top 8 club, have to be careful when spending as little as £5million on a player.

i know, just saying money doesn't equal success