IGNORED

Youth Development

i think they'll all see time in the domestic cup competitions. league cup and FA cup first 2 matches or so against pub league sides we can probably rest the starters and have browning and garbutt play. i doubt we want another oviedo leg break in some worthless league cup match again. put the youngsters in until we play some real competition.

Most dangerous words ever spoken, haha. Weakened sides tend not to do well in these competitions, haha.

• 6 months later...

I think we only look out for kids coming through who show exceptional potential. Fans expectations are always that high.

They don't all have to look like they'll go onto be world beaters.

Get me some Hibbert, Osman and a dose of Barkley.

Some youngsters who can fill the voids left by ageing players such as Distin, Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar would do for now. The rest of the 'quality' can be bought.

What's happened to Green. Last I heard was he was targeting Jan to be back from injury.

I do like the look of Ledson too. Tidy, composed and confident with the ball.

McAleny...Not sure because he's missed so much. But he does seem to score some great goals. He looked a bit too eager in Europe but that could be just nerves....let's give him a chance.

What's happened to Green. Last I heard was he was targeting Jan to be back from injury.

I do like the look of Ledson too. Tidy, composed and confident with the ball.

McAleny...Not sure because he's missed so much. But he does seem to score some great goals. He looked a bit too eager in Europe but that could be just nerves....let's give him a chance.

Martinez said Green was 2 years away from the first team about a year ago.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...