IGNORED

Real Madrid

Pearso

This is disgusting. They are officiating to get Madrid in the final. Two offside goals and fox sports not even showing replays to point it out. Great Everton goal disallowed. And penalty not given. It's sickening. We are matching one of the best teams in the world. Real test of character now.

Naismith playing well. Impressed. Fellaini hot and cold.

Come on, Mirallas, that ball has to be better. Fellaini should have put Naismith in on goal as well.

And there was a phase a couple of minutes ago where Koné had dropped a bit deeper (Sharp was pointing it out how deep he was at the time, if you remember) and Baines tried to play Mirallas through but he didn't move. He should have played Koné in and he would have had a much better angle to just give a simple ball to put Mirallas through on goal. We're making the wrong decisions or not executing them correctly up front.

Our defence isn't working at all. If we get tired we're in for a proper pasting. Martinez might want to have a think. Also, why no Jelavic? The guy doesn't score for a while, then puts 2 in, and then doesn't play? Kone has been invisible. Give him a partner.

Maybe he wants to give all of our strikers a proper 90 minute runout in the states. Anichebe played (almost) the full 90 last game. In any case, I don't expect another forward to brought on. Wouldn't be the best thing to do if we want to avoid a proper pasting either.

Not a bad half from Everton. We need to learn lessons from this. Holding to high a line.

Attacking wise it's a mixture of bad luck and bad final balls, though there was nothing wrong with Distins goal and we hit the post and should have had a penalty.

Heits needs to come off.

Kone better do something soon or he needs to come off too.

I would bring on gibbo for heits and Barkley for ossie.

Naismith has actually been our best player so far.

Not much to say about the goals though, second one could have been called offside.

I think Everton are having a crack at it although not really testing Real Madrid. Lots of ball but playing it backwards and sideways. Few good chances to score. Naismith could have had a couple of goals if his teammates would have passed him at the right time.

One pen

One post

One falsly disallowed goal

One offside goal.

Could have been 3-1 to Everton.

Nevermind, we will score three after the break. I said earlier that we would be two down at the break

This is disgusting. They are officiating to get Madrid in the final. Two offside goals and fox sports not even showing replays to point it out. Great Everton goal disallowed. And penalty not given. It's sickening. We are matching one of the best teams in the world. Real test of character now.

My impression also.

This is a good game for us as we should learn bucket loads from it. We don't deserve to be losing but Real Madrid's decision making is just so much better than ours and that is why they are winning (at some bullshit refereeing!).

The back four have played well as a whole and Howard has done what he could.

Heitinga started brightly but positionally he has been caught out a few times and his passing has been a bit sloppy. Osman has improved as the half has progressed but he hasnt been as good in this slightly deeper role. Fellaini for me has played very well and he is the only one doing what the manager would want him to do. I dont think he has made the right attacking decision on a couple of occasions but we know that just isnt him. Drop Felli deeper and bring Gibson on for Heitinga and then we will be a lot more solid.

Naismith has been very involved in the game and has done quite well but again his decision making has been poor at times and his passing had put others under pressure.

Mirallas has done well, again needs to think about others a little more but Madrid arent comfortable when he is on the ball.

Kone has been a little unfortunate. He has done a lot of work for little reward and when he has got the ball in a good position, he hasnt made the most of it and in fact he has been sloppy. Like Osman he has improved as the game as gone on.

Promising stuff so far and hopefully we can get at least one goal back as we deserve it.

Some of the decisions have been ridicilous. You just get the feeling that the officials want Madrid to get to the final. Every decision he gives has been in favour of Madrid. Bit pissed off really as it's a bit patronising in terms of Real are a massive club therefore should beat Everton easily, every decision will be in favour of them. Want to see Gerrard, Barkley, Jelavic and Anichebe in 2nd half. I think Anichebe would give Ramos the run around to be honest. Kone has been quiet, doesn't hold the ball up at all. Having said that he is on ramadan so should he even be playing if he isn't eating properly?

Edited by Geth

A bit disheartened that I'm not at this game (The one summer I'm not home ugh). I've been texting with friends of mine that are Madrid fans that are at the game and they have been impressed by what Everton have had to show. They feel that we are very unlucky to not have a goal and feel that a couple of bad decisions by our part has led us to be down by 2. After telling them that this is not the style of play we will be playing this year (not with RM at the helm now) and that this is a pretty different lineup than the last one we played, they said that we should have a great year at the BPL. Hoping some subs are made and we really give this game a go.

Well I think Coleman and Mirallas were the stand out of the half. Both exciting and unpredictable on the ball. Naismith put in a decent shift. Heits and Osman were very quiet and need to up their game. I think mentally Heitinga isn't up to speed yet. The rest passed the ball well in non key areas but we miss the killer instinct in the final third. I hope we make a few changes early on and use this game as a superb per season warm up.