IGNORED

Real Madrid

Pearso

Is it me, or does this not make sense?

http://internationalchampionscup.com/

If Madrid beat us (Match 5), they play for 5th? Have they got that the wrong way around?

They have got this wrong. They have made a few other mistakes over the last couple of days such as the kick off time for Everton Real Madrid. I think it will be corrected by the end of the day.

I wonder how different our team will look. Given the quick succession of game over this two week period, and only using a few subs late on against Juve, I imagine at least 50% of the starting line up might change, possibly more.

We could even see a different system being adopted.

Result is not so important, you can learn more from defeats and the mistakes made than wins to be honest, so a down to earth lose against one of the best teams in world football would not be that bad.

Looking forward though especially after the Juve result and performance. I like this 'no fear' approach.

Im hoping we start with the 4-2-3-1 style formation we started the first half of the Blackburn game.

Howard

Coleman-Jags-Stones-Baines

Fellaini-Gibson

Mirallas-Barkley-Deulofeu

Kone.

Ideally we would need to look at giving Gibson a break in one of these friendlies but I dont think we have the option at the moment. It doesnt surprise me that we are being linked to this sort of player a lot at the moment because we certainly need someone as a back up.

Howard & Stones should keep their places considering they played so well against Juve, Deulofeu should be given a run out against his parent clubs arch rivals and whilst I dont think Mirallas should play the full 90 mins I think its important he is on the pitch.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Deulofeu get a run out against Spanish opposition. he my not start though.

our players have had a extra day break between games, but I guess with the squad Madrid have and the time of the season that isn't going to have to much of a bearing.

No reason at all why we won't do well in this game.

Can't do our profile any harm either, simply because of who the opponents are, but we must have a higher profile than we think we have by being accepted to play in the competition in the first place alongside all those other names.

I can see Defelou starting, cant predict the team or formation and that's whats getting me slightly hard. No 4-5-1 and you can name the team straight away. In this heat he might not want to risk kone if he is fasting so he may go 4-4-2 im sure they wouldn't want to face Vic.

Edited by Tricky Trev