IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) FT: 2-2

Zoo

Proud of the boys..., yeah should have won it, but ya know what? That was like watching a team you wish everton could be like (if you go back to certain games under Moyes). The players deserve immense credit for how quickly they've tried to adapt a more expansive style of play.

Barkley is the player he was against QPR 2 years ago, it's just that Moyes was such a jealous fuckwit and chose to punish his nativity rather than harness it. I've been there and seen this shit, I'm no Ross Barkley but played in the similar manner and got treated like shite by a defensive clogger of a talentless twat of a manager.

Ok, off the shrinks couch... It was a really encouraging performance and I was actually impressed with Naismith, a very honest player. I wish he was where Fellaini was for their first goal, Fellaini can go for me, lazy twat with a bad attitude. Showed moments of class but he ain't worth not selling for £20m plus.

Roberto Martinez praised Ross Barkley’s all round performance in Everton’s opening day 2-2 draw at Norwich City.
The midfielder blasted his first senior goal for the Blues with a stunning 25-yard effort midway through the second half.
It was Barkley’s second strike in the space of a week after he netted in England Under-21s’ 6-0 rout of Scotland on Tuesday.
And Martinez believes the youngster’s latest displays are evidence that the 19-year-old is ready to make a sustained first-team impact.
“It was a mature performance from Ross,” Martinez said. “I have seen throughout pre-season that he is ready to help the team.
“Many people will speak about the quality of his goal but that’s what he does all the time in training.
“But I am more impressed with his overall contribution to the team. His performance was full of understanding, full of hard work and the goal fitted with that performance.
“It is raw talent and we need to keep helping him.”
Barkley’s contribution was just one of a number of positives that Martinez took from his first competitive game in charge of the Blues
He continued: “I was very pleased with the chances we created. Norwich at Carrow Road are a difficult to break down.
“We could speak about the performance which I am delighted with; in the way we applied ourselves, the way we always tried to do the right thing and we never got too anxious when we were one goal down.
“We scored two magnificent goals from open play and created another two great chances against a Norwich side which is very defensively organised.
“On the other hand we conceded two goals which is probably not a reflection of the attacking intent Norwich put in and that is something we need to get stronger.”

Two beautiful goals from open play -

Osman should have been taken off before half time - he should not have been on in the first place -

we are still suspect in defence on our left - both their goals coming from there -

Baines should be moved up the field to play the attacking game and we have to tighten up our left -

we need a holding CM like Swanseas CANAS to get the ball out of the back -

Fellaini looks lazy at times -

Jelavic showed signs of last seasons ineffectiveness -

Barkley is a future star -

Third up on MOTD, after Swansea/United & Arse/Villa.

I don't get how a 4-1 thrashing is MOTD, but then again, any match with Manchester United will have the media drooling. I watched the Arsenal/Villa match on my television and Everton on my computer simultaneously, both were great matches.

Two beautiful goals from open play -

Osman should have been taken off before half time - he should not have been on in the first place -

we are still suspect in defence on our left - both their goals coming from there -

Baines should be moved up the field to play the attacking game and we have to tighten up our left -

we need a holding CM like Swanseas CANAS to get the ball out of the back -

Fellaini looks lazy at times -

Jelavic showed signs of last seasons ineffectiveness -

Barkley is a future star -

To me, he played pretty well, thought he was just unlucky. His movement was good and led to the second goal. Not sure how that's ineffective.

To me, he played pretty well, thought he was just unlucky. His movement was good and led to the second goal. Not sure how that's ineffective.

I thought he was good too. Did exactly what we needed him to and whilst I do think he could have got himself involved a little more, his performance was much better than he showed towards the end of last season.

The concern for me is we're yet to keep a clean sheet under Martinez. Obviously this is our first truly competitive game but pre-season isn't just about attacking.

This is especially concerning when you look at Wigan last year playing under Martinez, they conceded 73 goals, almost double our 40.

Yeah, we might be playing 'exciting' 'enjoyable' football but at what cost?

More than one have said it, but I really think Ossie might be done. Doesn't seem to have it this season, looked a couple yards off the pace all game. If we have any money we need to find someone to give Gibson competition or to jump in front of him. Most everywhere else we're fine, but we really, really need someone with composure, passing range and a bit of mobility in the middle of the park in order to play Martinez's game.

Fairly certain Barkley will be starting most every game and we'll benefit from that.

Also thought Mirallas was quite poor today. Didn't look interested and his touch never seemed to lose the defender. He'll come good, but his work rate needs to improve for me.

Deffo need another CM regardless of felli. Felli can go for me, lazy half arsed shite. Get McCarthy and a n other,

Osman is a sub, sadly his lack of athleticism has cost a player of great technical ability, he is two yards off the pace.

Honestly agree with this 100%. We are one short at Centermid. Would love to get money for Fellaini, then get McCarthy or another highly-rated Central mid who will cost us a pretty penny, along with either an up and comer, or a veteran to come in as cover. Osman has been poor for awhile now, and while he still possesses great technical ability, he's been poor for awhile now and may be past it. Felli should go, he's too lazy, and can't be arsed most of the time. Gibson is waay too injury prone, and Barkley wouldn't work as a holding midfielder, and Lundstram either won't make it or at least isn't ready just yet (should go on loan to Doncaster).

Firstly I don't remember to many clean sheets last season and secondly how many players played internationally in midweek? The Scotland v England game wasn't exactly a quiet kick about. A draw is good away from home and Norwich have splashed a lot of cash over the summer compared to us. Let's get three points next week though!!!

Hope we don't continue to snatch draws from the jaws of victory but it's 1 point more than we got there last season and if we draw against the sides we lost to last season and convert a few of the draws we had into victories we'll be more than alright.

COYB!

I think people are suffering from short memory syndrome Mogsy!

Firstly none of the goals were down to issues with our defensive system and I actually thought it worked very well. We didnt really give them a sniff.

Secondly any one who is saying Felli was half assed out there today is talking out of their arse. He put in a great shift today, especially the first 70mins and whilst I think he should have gone in for the challenge he put in plenty of other good challenges throughout the game. Dont forget 2 others should have made that challenge before he got to Felli.

Finally Osman isnt past it. He certainly didnt have his best game but wasnt as bad as some of you are making out. He took one for the team today and injuries permitting we shouldnt see him in that role too often. Its obvious we need a player in that position and hopefully Martinez is working on it. He will be a very useful squad player, but that is all he should be.

Today was far better than I expected, especially away from home against a side that had such a good home record last season. Not many teams will go there this season and play them off the park like we did.

Today was far better than I expected, especially away from home against a side that had such a good home record last season. Not many teams will go there this season and play them off the park like we did.

They beat ManU and Arse at Carrow Road last season, drew with Spurs and only lost by one goal to Chelsea & City.

Agree with the last sentence.

And I've just seen their second goal for the first time. How lucky can you get?

They beat ManU and Arse at Carrow Road last season, drew with Spurs and only lost by one goal to Chelsea & City.

Agree with the last sentence.

And I've just seen their second goal for the first time. How lucky can you get?

I know, both goals were very fortunate albeit they were finished clinically.