IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) FT: 2-2

Zoo

give Barkely a chance to be recognised by the fans maybe?

fuck that...tryin to win the game..take him off with more than 2 minutes of injury time if you wanna do that..otherwise don't waste the time

disappointed with that..barkley a bright spot but we should've won that

i really hope that defending was just rustiness cos if we defend like that all season we're in for a tough time against better sides

Edited by marcopaulo

fuck that...tryin to win the game..take him off with more than 2 minutes of injury time if you wanna do that..otherwise don't waste the time

disappointed with that..barkley a bright spot but we should've won that

like Bailey said, he seemed a little tired and wasn't influencing the play as much. Throw 2 up front, makes sense to me :huh:

Really good game that and an impressive start. We should have won and we we conceded two flukey goals which were also finished off really nicely.

Our goals were very nice, Barkley especially but the move for Coleman's was also top drawer. If we play like that every week we will win a damn site more than we lose.

like Bailey said, he seemed a little tired and wasn't influencing the play as much. Throw 2 up front, makes sense to me :huh:

Im pretty sure it was so we could go a little bit more direct, which we did.

Cant believe fans are now moaning that we are bringing off a midfielder for a striker. Maybe Martinez should have brought Heitinga on for Jelavic instead...

I think bringing Naismith on first made sense as he's more of an all-round player rather than having someone who can't defend on the pitch at 2-2.

naismith can't defend either..he was on the right when defending(only then apparently) and he can't do anything on the right..too slow and lightweight.like osman is on the right

long ball up to a strong, big player who has a knack of scoring off the bench? Does to me :)

fair enough...2 minutes isn't long enough for anyone to me..we only got 1 long ball up to him

Well we're one point up on last season. They had 2 shots on target and one was assisted from a mis-kick, good sign that we won't be flooding goals as a few have worried, lucks to blame more than the manager or any individual. On another day we would have got the three points, overall a promising performance.

61% possession, 87% pass completion as a team (vs 71% for Norwich) for 494 completed passes, 90% tackle success (vs 74% for Norwich) (too bad Fellaini refused to try and tackle Whittaker for their first goal), 7 shots on target and 8 off target as opposed to 2 on and 2 off target for Norwich. Howard didn't make a save all game. We really should have won this.

Barkley had a goal, 94% pass success (51 out of 54), 1 interception and 3 tackles.

Holy Santa Claus shit. We really need to be burying teams like this when we have that sort of possession and shots.

Happy with the performance if not the result. Im a little suprised by the subsitutions tho, I think you need to keep a player like mirallas on for the 90, and I don't agree with a striker for a striker when chasing the game.

Plenty of positives however, most notably barkley and coleman. What a first goal from ross, just wish it was in front of the gwladys!

The defence looked comfortable for the most. But I still think we are giving to much space away in the midfield. I really want to think of felliani as the dm enforcer, but I'm just not sure he has the attributes for that role. Maybe there was a reason davey always played him so forward.

I was a little suprised bob didn't pull the trigger on 3 at the back,still felt like like a very moyes structure (especially the subs!)

naismith can't defend either..he was on the right when defending(only then apparently) and he can't do anything on the right..too slow and lightweight.like osman is on the right

fair enough...2 minutes isn't long enough for anyone to me..we only got 1 long ball up to him

If you want you can watch the action areas on Squawka. He was in the opposition's box 7,69% of the time and in the area in front of their box for 30,77% of the time. He was not in the wide right area in the higher half of the opposition's pitch at all. In the deeper half of the opposition's pitch he was 15,38% of the time and that will include the time he spent there defending.

The wannabe managers on this forum are amazing. It's not football manager ya know.....what if's are not that instrumental after the horse has bolted... Look at it this way, norwich have not been beat by everton since rejoining the prem. Martinez 1st competetive game in charge and he gets à point away from home. I would have taken that from the start. And some of our play was outstanding today. Just think how attacking we,ll be at home.

The wannabe managers on this forum are amazing. It's not football manager ya know.....what if's are not that instrumental after the horse has bolted...

To be fair, wannabe managers, critical analysis and educated opinions is why I venture on the internet. I could get enough of the 'we were unlucky' and 'I'd take a point from that one' from the lads at the pub

We really needed to score during the 1st half when practically controled things.Norwich will be very happy with that point, Martinez will know it should have been three.

How many games last season did we do just the same?, barkley showed the way......friggin shoot!, might go in, the goalkeeper will at least have to work, we might get a corner or pick up the scraps from the shot if saved and not held, but at least there will have been an end product.

Barkley could be the answer, or one of them and good old Coleman knows where the goal is (thank fuc%).

Martinez will have learnt things, if we improve our finishing we might just be dangerous.

2-2 away at Norwich, better than last season, move on.

Howard: Didn't have much to do. Wasn't called upon for any magnificent saves.

Baines: Didn't have his best game crossing. Defended well, and got forward enough - but we've seen better from him.

Coleman: Did very well down his flank. I would have like to have seen him take on his man a bit more, but he worked his side well, and good follow-up to get the goal.

Jags & Distin: Great pair who worked well together - Distin saved Jags ass more often than not. Here's to Distin's continued speed and strength throughout the season.

Pienaar & Mirallas: Wasn't the best of games from the two, but they did well enough. A few wayward passes from Pienaar - and Mirallas had a couple of bites that on another day would have got him a goal.

Osman: Worst player on the pitch for us. He's not suited to the defensive midfield role. Gave away too many passes today and was bossed around more often than not.

Fellaini: Covered Osman for the game which is why he seemed to have a quiet one. I think he worked hard enough - got slightly frustrated near the end, but had an overall good team performance.

Barkley: Had a cracker MOM performance. Great goal, but he has good presence up front. One to watch for in the future for sure!

Jelavic: Is it just me? I thought Jelly didn't do too badly up front. Unlucky not to score, but he got into positions, drew the defenders, brought others into play. Good team effort.

Naismith: Ran hard up and down the field, but didn't influence as much. Just a straight swap for Mirallas when he came on and did much of the same, 'cept he hads a bit more defending ability.

Kone: Not much of a difference I felt from when he took over from Jelavic.

Anichebe: Didn't get a touch I don't think... and still he managed to complain.