IGNORED

Norwich City (Away) FT: 2-2

Zoo

I'm liking Danny Murphey as a pundit already, when talking about Barkley's goal he came up with this:

Gary: With that finish he might have been Spanish...

Danny: Well if he was the goal would have been shown four or five times...

Sums up our attitude towards marquee players.

Its not just spanish - if he was playing for any of the top 4 he would be getting an England call up based on that goal alone.

I can actually see Hodgson giving him a call up this year...

I'm liking Danny Murphey as a pundit already, when talking about Barkley's goal he came up with this:

Gary: With that finish he might have been Spanish...

Danny: Well if he was the goal would have been shown four or five times...

Sums up our attitude towards marquee players.

Where is Murphy a pundit?

Hansen is retiring and don't think they have managed to replace him yet. They were looking at P.Neville and J.Carragher but they turned them down...

:yay:

Ah, I didn't watch that. The media and their red shite love in strikes again!

I dont mind Murphy, didnt even when he played for the kopites. Plus, he actually talked sense in his reviews on MOTD :o

Yes, Danny Murphy was a breath of fresh air compared to the tired and stale line-up from the last few years, and he spoke highly of our Ross.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Barkley get an England call-up if he continues the way he's started this summer, although that's a big ask for a 19-year-old. Hodgson and Lewington etc trained the U21s last week and were in charge for their fixture, so they've had the chance to work closely with those young lads in training and the match and Barkley and Stones can't have failed to catch the eye.

Just read the following: Statistics from the Premier League's opening weekend reveal that Everton completed the most passes (564), maintained the most possession (67 percent) and recorded the second highest passing accuracy (88 percent) of all teams. This shows just how quickly the team has adapted to the new style of play. Quite impressive.

We conceded just 8 shots, 4 of which were blocked, 2 went off target and 2 were on target. I don't want to know how good we'll be if we defend anywhere near an acceptable Premier League level.

i shit myself every time they went forward in that game..and that was against norwich..a better team would tear us a new one..the first goal was pathetic by several players..the second was flukey yeah but the defenders weren't tight to their man in the box or to the crosser/shooter

i shit myself every time they went forward in that game..and that was against norwich..a better team would tear us a new one..the first goal was pathetic by several players..the second was flukey yeah but the defenders weren't tight to their man in the box or to the crosser/shooter

Really? I didnt think they even looked threatening. RVW looked dangerous at times but that was it (albeit it did become more end to end when we were pressing for a winner).

The first goal was unlucky. Two players went in for the challenge and it just happened to bobble out the way of the Norwich player. Second goal we did get a little caught out (cant remember why) but most balls out were covered and the FB skewed the crap out of it and it just landed plum for RVW. Yeh I would say Jags should have been a bit tighter but on most occasions the ball wouldnt have got there (because of the spin & bend). Thats not a defensive system error it's a Jagielka being caught out error, a bit like last year when we defended as a team pretty well but some idiot lost concentration.

We attacked well enough but I am wondering is this the way we will always play or was this because it was Martinez first game in charge and Everton wanted to impress. I do think we will beat WBA at home but I do think we will concede.

Like I said before our attacking was good and reminded me of what we were like when we played well under Moyes passing it along the ground, going forward, keeping the ball but with Moyes when we played well we had the whole package, we could defend and go forward at the same time. With Martinez he purely concentrates on attack (I know it was his first game in charge, but going by Wigan as well). I could be talking absolute winny wanny but if we play like we did against Norwich against a big team like Chelsea then we will lose. We left ourselves to open at times in the Norwich game. Did anybody else notice the amount of times Distin shook his head? I wonder whether this was because he knew they didn't defend well or that he can't get used to the new system. Only time will tell...