IGNORED

So where are we going to finish?

I am yet to be convinced we are playing better under Martinez. It's just more possession across the back four and central midfielders.

Chances created are under the average from last season. Says a lot.

Yet we've outplayed, arsenal, Chelsea and utd in there own back garden. Argument over.

So that is now "shite"? I've never said finishing 7th is shite, what was shite was the lack of progressive football to achieve more. The idea that what we seen was the best we could get.

One season in, the new boss is achieving the same - potentially more on a negative spend, better style of possession football which is work in progress.

Don't know why we still have to do this dance, then again there are still some people who want to believe lance Armstrong wasn't a cheat just because they bought his shit for so long.

Lol I was merely quoting you. Does the same rationale not apply this season?

How is it that finishing 6th last year was not an achievement as it was no more than you would expect with our squad and yet the squad has improved and suddenly 7th is an achievement ?

Na mate, we just aren't as good as people making out that's why we're 6th only 3 points ahead of a shite United.

Remind me why United are shite again? Won the league last year by 11 points..spent over £60m on two players.

Yeah I kinda miss seeing a defender come on for a striker in the last 20 minutes whilst inviting the opposition to get an equalizer or winner. Maybe I just miss the long ball to fellainis chest , the ball being played out wide for another cross to no one.

I reckon if we hold on for another month we could get Davie back, he will sort it, he will have those trophy winning pictures taken down from finch farm and replaced with images of Mitch ward, John Spencer and Claus thompsen, probably throw in the images of the simod cup final just to show the players that they really are punching above their weight. Sin miedo will become sin concepto... Bring it on!

How is it that finishing 6th last year was not an achievement as it was no more than you would expect with our squad and yet the squad has improved and suddenly 7th is an achievement ?

He is so anti-Moyes.

Come May when we're 7th and without the cup. Haf will be on here blowing smoke up Martinez arse.

Kinda something to do with the transition Dunc, you know the excuse that is afforded to Moyes now he can't use his lowly little Everton sand bagging routine.

Martinez hasn't used the word transition as an excuse, he uses words like progression.

Considering every supporter expected meritocracy in his first season, I would say seventh position and the quarters in the cup would be a acheivement. Even more so if we drum up mote points than last season with a better style of play. Some people want the world yesterday. Yous give moyes ten years and ya question RM after ten minutes.

Kinda something to do with the transition Dunc, you know the excuse that is afforded to Moyes now he can't use his lowly little Everton sand bagging routine.

Martinez hasn't used the word transition as an excuse, he uses words like progression.

He also uses sentences like "will take time" a lot and "continue to grow".

Considering every supporter expected meritocracy in his first season, I would say seventh position and the quarters in the cup would be a acheivement. Even more so if we drum up mote points than last season with a better style of play. Some people want the world yesterday. Yous give moyes ten years and ya question RM after ten minutes.

Not questioning him at all. But the way people are talking we're thumping teams 6-0 every week with fantastic Barcelona esc football. Bollocks.

He is so anti-Moyes.

Come May when we're 7th and without the cup. Haf will be on here blowing smoke up Martinez arse.

It must be awful to have put so much love and faith in someone to find out they really aren't what you believed them to be.

It will be win win for you on Saturday won't it? If we win we get a trip to Wembley, if we lose you can come on here and act like a helmet and criticise Roberto.

Moyes steadied a sinking ship. Yes it was boring finishing 6th-7th every season but looks like we're up for that again. No progression yet. Early doors, I admit I like his enthusiasm and he seems to be going in the right direction but it's all so similar to Moyes. I ain't blowing the smoke yet.

The highlight of our season has been beating the worst United side in 20 years 1-0 and drawing away at Arsenal. Sad that Brett Angel.

Lol so the wage bill suddenly doesn't apply then?

Of course it does! 7th is about where we should finish - but according to cotto that is now shite... It wasn't shite under Moyes but is now for a manager who has got to demoyderise players conditioned to play percentage hoof ball.

It's gonna be tough for you two to take, I get it. You probably hate seeing the stick Moyes is taking now.

Of course it does! 7th is about where we should finish - but according to cotto that is now shite... It wasn't shite under Moyes but is now for a manager who has got to demoyderise players conditioned to play percentage hoof ball.

It's gonna be tough for you two to take, I get it. You probably hate seeing the stick Moyes is taking now.

Yeah I'm absolutely devastated that United are having a bad season because it's me who has the Moyes phobia !

I am yet to be convinced we are playing better under Martinez. It's just more possession across the back four and central midfielders.

Chances created are under the average from last season. Says a lot.

But points won is the most since 04/05 (and tied with that).

Personally, from the second I saw Martinez being appointed, I had kinda written off this season. I assumed it would take a lot longer than it has to implement Martinez philosophy and system. The fact that we are still looking at a European finish is a lot better than I expected.

As an aside, if the teams who go to the cup final get Champions League, does the Europa spot go to 7th? Or if we get Europa through the cup does it slip down a spot again?

Yes.