IGNORED

So where are we going to finish?

My feelings on this as it stands now is that RM needs to keep confidence as high as he can. His positive dialogue may help the team here.

I say this because I wonder how much our lack of league goals since christmas will play on the minds of our players. Almost like 'we better score, we really need to score or we could lose this'. It may create more of an anxiety than a lack of confidence.

We know, generally, that we can keep it clean at the back. We know we can create. I think we just need to wallop a team soon for the players to really believe and get some swagger back.

We could still push for 4th (based on the fact that a few of that lot have to play each other and someone has to drop points) but I think 5th is definately in our own hands. 5th is ours to lose, no doubt.

6th, a head of United with a European place, i'll be very happy and this will be a successful first season with Roberto.

Id go 5th still. 2 games in hand on Spurs sees us leapfrog them by 1 point.

That is, if we dont bottle having our own destiny in our hands. Again.....

Serious? Or you woke up a bit grumpy?!

I would say 6th at worse. Got to be honest, 7th would be a slight disappointment for me with our remaining fixtures etc.

March 2014
Everton v Cardiff Sat 15 Mar 15:00
Everton v Swansea Sat 22 Mar 15:00
Newcastle v Everton Tue 25 Mar 19:45
Fulham v Everton Sun 30 Mar 13:30
April 2014
Everton v Arsenal Sun 6 Apr 13:30
Sunderland v Everton Sat 12 Apr 15:00
Everton v Man Utd Sun 20 Apr 16:10
Southampton v Everton Sat 26 Apr 12:45
May 2014
Everton v Man City Sat 3 May 15:00
Hull v Everton Sun 11 May 15:00
Ive highlighted the tougher fixtures (on paper at least). Then, Spurs:
March 2014
Tottenham v Arsenal Sun 16 Mar 16:00
Tottenham v Southampton Sun 23 Mar 13:30
April 2014
Tottenham v Sunderland Mon 7 Apr 20:00
West Brom v Tottenham Sat 12 Apr 15:00
Tottenham v Fulham Sat 19 Apr 12:45
Stoke v Tottenham Sat 26 Apr 15:00
May 2014
West Ham v Tottenham Sat 3 May 15:00
Tottenham v Aston Villa Sun 11 May 15:00
and Utd:
March 2014
Man Utd v Liverpool Sun 16 Mar 13:30
West Ham v Man Utd Sat 22 Mar 17:30
Man Utd v Man City Tue 25 Mar 19:45
Man Utd v Aston Villa Sat 29 Mar 12:45
April 2014
Newcastle v Man Utd Sat 5 Apr 15:00
Man Utd v Hull Sat 12 Apr 15:00
Everton v Man Utd Sun 20 Apr 16:10
Man Utd v Norwich Sat 26 Apr 17:30
May 2014
Man Utd v Sunderland Sat 3 May 15:00
Southampton v Man Utd Sun 11 May 15:00
Its going to be tight!

I'd be made up with 5th, to be honest, I don't think 4th is completely gone. I think Arsenal have become too inconsistent. Maybe the prospect of them winning the cup might put them off a bit in the league.

City are not going to drop 9 points, not to mention Liverpool and Arsenal who are 11 ahead of us.

I said 5th somewhere earlier and I'm sticking to that. In my opinion, we have 3 very winnable home games, 5 winnable away games, and 3 really huge home games. The 3 big home games won't necessarily make or break the season, because we could win all 8 of the others (unlikely I know, just an example).

That being said, would love to do the double over United, and stuff City as well. Hull may well have both eyes on a cup final come the last day of the season too. Will probably go down to the wire, but I'm sticking with 5th.

11 games to go, we have 3 of the current top 6 to play (W1, D1, L1 first time played them this season) and 4 of the current bottom 5 (W1, D2, L1 so far this season). All games are unpredictable, really, as our results this season against Sunderland, Crystal Palace and Cardiff have already shown.

I think I've said earlier we would finish 4th. I'll put that down to early season over-excitement goggles. Unless Spurs fall apart, which has got every chance as they are so flakey (always are) it's untrue, we'll finish 7th.

I'd be made up with 5th, to be honest, I don't think 4th is completely gone. I think Arsenal have become too inconsistent. Maybe the prospect of them winning the cup might put them off a bit in the league.

This definitely needs to go in your new thread mate. :)

Guest blueboy122

Would be hugely disappointed at 7th considering how good we have been this season in all but a few games. I would be slightly disappointed with 6th but looks as if we may have to settle for it. I think 5th would be a fair final position and would be considered as a succesfull season.

Still hurts though to see that 4th spot getting further away after each game after watching us first half of the season I would have said we would finish top 4 no doubt.

Looks like that Derby really was a six pointer!

Before a ball was kicked I said....

Seventh. Unless Liverpool stay in self destruct mode in which case sixth.

I can't see anyone outside of the obvious six having the quality to stay ahead of us over a season.

.....substitute ManU for Liverpool and I was spot on I think B).

I'd take sixth happily at this point, we're running out of steam and I think seventh is currently more likely.

Seeing as the thread this would have been more appropriate to had to be closed due to an outbreak of idiotitis this can go in here -

http://www.nsno.co.uk/everton-news/2014/03/back-martinez-to-make-success-of-everton/

its a good piece - some fans need to seriously have a word with themselves with the way that Martinez seems to be taking daft criticism. I for one was annoyed with his keeper choice - but I see that he is trying to be consistent and give players a fair shot - not have favourites.

its a good piece - some fans need to seriously have a word with themselves with the way that Martinez seems to be taking daft criticism. I for one was annoyed with his keeper choice - but I see that he is trying to be consistent and give players a fair shot - not have favourites.

its too soon to say he doesnt have favourites, just as its too soon to overly criticize...

Lol He doesnt need his own favourites because he keeps playing Moyes' favourites!