IGNORED

So where are we going to finish?

For the 5th time, 6th place is now Europa since man city won league cup and will get champs. MikeO has mentioned this ad naseum, also look at the espn table, they have the places highlighted so it's easy to see.

We know, the comments above were tongue in cheek due to the number of times this has been asked / discussed... :)

And there you have it. If the club can achieve a europa league finish then it will represent a successful season - at least for Martinez in his first year.

no-one was expecting great things last august, and what do we have thus far, a decent chance of getting a UEFA cup place and reaching the quarter-finals of the FA cup tourney for this season ? That's not a bad return although realize we could've accomplished more, but Martinez has done OK in his first season here.

I know we have been off form since Christmas but we are still picking up points.

We are now in a position where we could nick 5th.

It's going to be tough but we are in the mix again.we need to keep picking up points when we play badly, that's a trait we haven't had our a while and it's a trait that teams that win things need to have.

All we need is for a few teams.to have their bad patch and we could be right back in there. Need the gooners to do us a favour today and stuff Spurs.

I know we have been off form since Christmas but we are still picking up points.

It's going to be tough but we are in the mix again.we need to keep picking up points when we play badly, that's a trait we haven't had our a while and it's a trait that teams that win things need to have.

All we need is for a few teams.to have their bad patch and we could be right back in there. Need the gooners to do us a favour today and stuff Spurs.

So ya giving up on fourth then?

Today's games will have a good indication who is going to crack on from United and Spurs. If either get a win you can see their seasons pushing on. Defeats and I think we'll be in pole position. Lots of points to play for.

Especially after this result, Liverpool are way too ahead for us to realistically think about catching up with them (hell as much as I hate to say it, they have a better shout of the title than collapsing...) Now if we somehow went back to playing the football we played prior to the Holidays and with a little help from Arsenal... then 4th isn't way out of the question. Unlikely, but possible. Still I don't want to worry about Spurs right now so a draw would be nice for me.

4th is way too ambitious. There are some mini leagues on the go - the top 4 will stay the same teams and 5/6/7th will be between us, Man U and Tottenham. The next few games are crucial bearing in mind our games in hand:

Everton

Swansea (H) - 3 points
Newcastle (A) - 3 points
Fulham (A) - 3 points
Arsenal (H) - 0 points

60 points (58 if we draw @ Newcastle)

Tottenham

Southampton (H) - 3 points
Liverpool (A) - 0 points

56 points

Man U

West Ham (A) - 3 points
Man City (H) - 0 points
Aston Villa (H) - 3 points

54 points

Edited by Hoof_It_Nev

4th is way too ambitious. There are some mini leagues on the go - the top 4 will stay the same teams and 5/6/7th will be between us, Man U and Tottenham. The next few games are crucial bearing in mind our games in hand:

Everton

Swansea (H) - 3 points

Newcastle (A) - 3 points

Fulham (A) - 3 points

Arsenal (H) - 0 points

60 points (58 if we draw @ Newcastle)

Tottenham

Southampton (H) - 3 points

Liverpool (A) - 0 points

56 points

Man U

West Ham (A) - 3 points

Man City (H) - 0 points

Aston Villa (H) - 3 points

54 points

I think your being a tad optimistic expecting 6 points fom Fulham & Newcastle away but you never know

The 2 results yesterday went well for us, even though I hate that the RS are doing so well! Think 4th is long gone, Europa qualification is looking more of a reality now which I'd say, would turn out to be a decent 1st season for Roberto.

It was mentioned on a highlights program at the weekend that Liverpool are now second favorites for the championship now ? That was a nightmare moment, but sure it won't come to pass. That would just about end it all if those fucks took the league. Strange in a sense as they were so far behind back in the autumn and struggling and now look set for a champions league place whereas in all probability the best we can aim for is a europa league place, and while we mention that it'll be a good season for Martinez with such a finish, it's not far detached from what Moyes achieved here for a good period of his tenure. Only difference is, there's a little more attacking intent (now) and not so defensive minded, but not here to make managerial comparisons, what was mentioned is good enough.

One last time, an FA Cup quarter-final, place in europe, would be a fine start for the new manager by end of campaign, but there'll still be work to be done in the close season.

It was mentioned on a highlights program at the weekend that Liverpool are now second favorites for the championship now ? That was a nightmare moment, but sure it won't come to pass. That would just about end it all if those fucks took the league. Strange in a sense as they were so far behind back in the autumn and struggling and now look set for a champions league place whereas in all probability the best we can aim for is a europa league place, and while we mention that it'll be a good season for Martinez with such a finish, it's not far detached from what Moyes achieved here for a good period of his tenure. Only difference is, there's a little more attacking intent (now) and not so defensive minded, but not here to make managerial comparisons, what was mentioned is good enough.

One last time, an FA Cup quarter-final, place in europe, would be a fine start for the new manager by end of campaign, but there'll still be work to be done in the close season.

There is a massive amount to be done close season, I think personally we will be able to get more done if we qualify for Europe. You can attract better players and the board will have to realise buying more players is a must if we want to do well in the competition.

I think overall if you look at the season whether it be from positions, points, style of play etc... Finishing 5th and having more points than last season is progression, you could call it a small one but any progression is good. Even finishing 6th could be seen as better than last season because this season it will get you in the Europa League.

There is a massive amount to be done close season, I think personally we will be able to get more done if we qualify for Europe. You can attract better players and the board will have to realise buying more players is a must if we want to do well in the competition.

I think overall if you look at the season whether it be from positions, points, style of play etc... Finishing 5th and having more points than last season is progression, you could call it a small one but any progression is good. Even finishing 6th could be seen as better than last season because this season it will get you in the Europa League.

Don't go being all logical!