IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

8 hours ago, Hafnia said:

She joined Everton from a local charity, and led the EITC… promoted to COO then deputy CEO under Robert Elstone (absolute buffoon) then CEO, after which she also took the sport England board job which is another community based role.

in short - she has had no prior experience in running a football club.  Charity is her background, may answer how we give so much money away. 

grant ingles…Was he finance director at Sydney fc? Not seen anything to confirm this but what I will say is “how is he still in a job at our club”….

According to Everton fc article:- As Finance Director, Grant has been responsible for all financial aspects of the Club, including the regular communication of financial performance to the Board, driving the profitability of the Club, overseeing all banking and funding arrangements, managing the Club’s cash-flow position, supporting and maintaining governance structures that ensure the financial assets of the Club are protected, and ensuring that the Club complies with all statutory regulations.”

so bare in mind that was 3 years ago….. my question is “what has he been doing?”…..  just to be clear Kevin Thelwell came in and within a month or so implemented a wage structure.   WHAT THE FUCK! He must have smashed his pc monitor in at the sheet ineptitude of the twats who run our club. 

so lads, rather than picking and pulling over technical elements of what concerned fans are pulling together in order to hold this shit show of a board to account, look at the bigger picture.   We have a shit board, led by a lying phony gobshite of a chairman and their credentials are laid bare in their performance = shit. 

unless of course I’ve missed something and our corporate performance and governance has been on point? I’m sure there may be a technicality you can pull from somewhere to help them out. 

No prior experience of the top job but she had plenty of experience in the roles below and she knows the club inside out. Like @MikeO says, it seems a sensible strategy. By all accounts, she earned her chance. 

I don't know anywhere near enough about her or her role to say whether she is doing a good enough job. Everything I have seen is 2+2 = 5. 

So do you agree the statement about Ingles was another lie? 

As if we didnt have a wage structure before Thelwell! I imagine it just didnt apply to Mohsiri's superstar signings and wouldnt do so now either if he gets his way!

I think the issue with Denise is more about having a full clear out, so she’s thrown in with the rest of them. Don’t have too much of an issue with her myself, but I’ll be very happy the day Bill steps down. I honestly don’t think we’ll see that day, he’s with us until his last breath. 

11 minutes ago, StevO said:

I think the issue with Denise is more about having a full clear out, so she’s thrown in with the rest of them. Don’t have too much of an issue with her myself, but I’ll be very happy the day Bill steps down. I honestly don’t think we’ll see that day, he’s with us until his last breath. 

I think there's a chance he fucks off once the stadium is built and he gets to have his mug all over the grand opening.

6 hours ago, Bailey said:

No prior experience of the top job but she had plenty of experience in the roles below and she knows the club inside out. Like @MikeO says, it seems a sensible strategy. By all accounts, she earned her chance. 

I don't know anywhere near enough about her or her role to say whether she is doing a good enough job. Everything I have seen is 2+2 = 5. 

So do you agree the statement about Ingles was another lie? 

As if we didnt have a wage structure before Thelwell! I imagine it just didnt apply to Mohsiri's superstar signings and wouldnt do so now either if he gets his way!

So basically because she ran EITC she warranted promotion to CEO?  How’s that gone then??? Doing a stellar job would you say?  Who promoted her? Would that be the clown who had Robert Elstone do the job previously? Earned her “chance”… so you think promoting someone into a role with no prior experience of bringing in revenue and managing operating costs in a club that needs experts is wise?  You don’t know anything about her role?  

I’ll give you a clue….. you know the sale of Richarlison to stop the sanction on the last day of June?  That’s on her watch, the finance director (not seen any evidence he was on the board at Sydney FC) didn’t clearly have us protected there either did he?!

Ah we had a wage structure?  The one that meant we had to get rid of James Rodriguez on his £200k, see link the athletic article embedded in twitter comments by the excellent paddy boylsnd. 

You deserve the club we’ve become if you try and defend this shit like you do a Michael Keane own goal.   

4 hours ago, StevO said:

Just you wait and see. He laid the bait when he named the Park End after Sir Phillip Carter, he’s getting us used to praising owners like we do players. It’ll happen. 😂

He’s got all the hallmarks of David Beckham snivelling for his knighthood with this new stadium. 

make no mistakes, kenwright like all incompetent “leaders” surrounds himself with sycophants.    He had 2 very short served CEOs Trevor Birch and Keith Whyness who both fucked off in double quick time.   Birch is a brilliant CEO and a Whyness proved his integrity taking on that Dr Xia at Villa which cost him his reputation till it transpired the Keith had been extremely professional. 

people with integrity won’t work with kenwright, you look after his back and he will look after yours.  This is why he won’t employ top end operators who won’t suffer fools. This is why our club is like fawlty towers, that man thinks the club belongs to him. 

4 hours ago, Romey 1878 said:

I think there's a chance he fucks off once the stadium is built and he gets to have his mug all over the grand opening.

No fuckin way is he gonna be here that long, we will be relegated in the next 2 years the way things stand and if he is he will not be allowed near the place. 

4 minutes ago, Palfy said:

2 that’s a bit optimistic 😂

That’s when the stadium will be ready.   Obviously the movement will gain momentum when we lose games and the bookies place us as one of 3 favourites to go down. 

this should never be about the teams performance, it’s about the boards performance. 

6 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

That’s when the stadium will be ready.   Obviously the movement will gain momentum when we lose games and the bookies place us as one of 3 favourites to go down. 

this should never be about the teams performance, it’s about the boards performance. 

It should, but the majority of supporters are led by results, if the results don’t materialise the team and the board gets the backlash, if the results are good the team get the plaudits and the board are forgotten about, which suits them no board likes being put under the microscope.  

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

It should, but the majority of supporters are led by results, if the results don’t materialise the team and the board gets the backlash, if the results are good the team get the plaudits and the board are forgotten about, which suits them no board likes being put under the microscope.  

Pathetic really and shows how short sighted fans can be. Molly McCann just got a dig in on Everton.  It won’t be lost on the board after today. 

still getting fans wondering why James Rodriguez was let go…. It’s very clear isn’t it.  We couldn’t afford his wages of £10m for the season just gone. “Ah but it wasn’t £200k blah blah, not gonna believe it till I see the proof”

well here’s the proof, we spent £1.6m last summer, we sold Digne in jan to make a profit vs book value and used it to get 2 players in who’s expense is spread over 5 years and that had to be signed off. 

absolute joke. 

10 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Pathetic really and shows how short sighted fans can be. Molly McCann just got a dig in on Everton.  It won’t be lost on the board after today.

still getting fans wondering why James Rodriguez was let go…. It’s very clear isn’t it.  We couldn’t afford his wages of £10m for the season just gone. “Ah but it wasn’t £200k blah blah, not gonna believe it till I see the proof”

well here’s the proof, we spent £1.6m last summer, we sold Digne in jan to make a profit vs book value and used it to get 2 players in who’s expense is spread over 5 years and that had to be signed off. 

Suddenly everything is crystal clear:huh:.

When you put forward such a rational argument and back it up with solid facts who could possibly question you?

Just now, MikeO said:

I have no proof one way or the other, so I'm grateful to you for providing it. Well I would be if you had.

What do you wish to see as proof? I understand we often talk players salaries like Delph, Gomes, Mina…. We never see objections to their supposed salaries but £200k for Rodriguez was not believed. Would I be right in saying that? 

I thought it was £80k in the first year and £160k in the second. But the amount of crap I’ve read about it anyway it’s impossible to know. What I do know is that he was the most exciting signing in a very long time. It’s so hard to bring in a player of that quality, but then to lose him is ridiculous. Even if he only played 15 league games last year he would have won us enough points to make up the difference from the shit league position we finished with. I’ll struggle to forgive letting him go and Rafa being on the touchline while it happened. 

Just now, MikeO said:

James' last two Everton pay slips would work for me.

Would you accept the fact that before Everton he was on £200k+ a week at Real Madrid, and after Everton he is on over £200k at al rayan?

so in the absence of wage slips…. Why the fuck would he come to Everton for far less money and leave for more money and be supposedly disappointed to leave ?  

doesn’t make sense does it, and I take the details quoted by paddy boyland in the athletic as being the most accurate, and that he was due to earn in excess of £200k a week in his second year. 

4 minutes ago, StevO said:

I thought it was £80k in the first year and £160k in the second. But the amount of crap I’ve read about it anyway it’s impossible to know. What I do know is that he was the most exciting signing in a very long time. It’s so hard to bring in a player of that quality, but then to lose him is ridiculous. Even if he only played 15 league games last year he would have won us enough points to make up the difference from the shit league position we finished with. I’ll struggle to forgive letting him go and Rafa being on the touchline while it happened. 

I think you need to look at what happened, and what we know now. 

at the time it was a supposed football decision… nah, we let a world class talent go. Do I think Rafa would do it out of spite? Maybe yeah, but based on the stringent way we have had to balance things his wages were a definite issue. 

there is no way he came to Liverpool to earn £5m a year less… after all he moved to a crap league to earn £200k+ instead of Porto. Money was a factor so no way did we get away with paying him less. 

5 minutes ago, StevO said:

I understand where your coming from, but what he would or wouldn’t have done is all hypothetical and can’t be proven anymore than his wages. 

7 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Would you accept the fact that before Everton he was on £200k+ a week at Real Madrid, and after Everton he is on over £200k at al rayan?

so in the absence of wage slips…. Why the fuck would he come to Everton for far less money and leave for more money and be supposedly disappointed to leave ?  

doesn’t make sense does it, and I take the details quoted by paddy boyland in the athletic as being the most accurate, and that he was due to earn in excess of £200k a week in his second year. 

Hold on a mo, a few posts back you had proof, and now you're talking supposition and speculation; I'm confused.

Which is it?

8 minutes ago, MikeO said:

Hold on a mo, a few posts back you had proof, and now you're talking supposition and speculation; I'm confused.

Which is it?

Where did I say I had proof?  I asked what you would accept as proof, which you said payslips 

1 hour ago, Hafnia said:

19 minutes ago, Hafnia said:

Where did I say I had proof?  

See above, it was an hour ago admittedly so maybe your memory is playing tricks.

3 minutes ago, duncanmckenzieismagic said:

This entire 27 campaign is in serious danger of being derailed in the same way the Buffoon Union was

Im gutted that after the way the season ended, with the fan base seemingly united that before a ball has even been kicked we are straight back to square one

Both sides at fault IMO. 

If people want to protest at the way the club is being run then fair play to them for taking time out of their day to get down to Goodison to show their feelings and they should be applauded not ridiculed provided they remain respectful 

However the same spiteful sound bites are now staring to emerge with the “this is the club you deserve” type shouts, and the “Kopite behaviour “ retorts are no better

Nobody has the right to tell another Evertonian how they should or shouldn’t support the club. At the end of the day we all want the same thing, to see Everton back where they belong 

Agreed there is more than one way to skin a cat, and how differently some act to achieve the same goal shouldn’t defer from the objective of why they are doing what they are doing. It’s the fans club even though Moshiri owns 98%, there is no club without the supporters so he needs to listen to what the supporters have to say.