IGNORED

Board/Owners Related Stuff

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.evertonfc.com/news/2991554/ceo-on-everton-progress-in-2022

I am still shocked to my core that any of this was even necessary because I wholeheartedly believed the self-proclaimed biggest blue, Kenshite, when he said out board was revered and that other clubs when faced with a question of what to do they ask "what would Everton do?".

9 minutes ago, Shukes said:

This is getting ridiculous… why haven’t we brought anyone yet? Why are we leaving it to the last minute?

Club should have had all targets set up and all that was needed was to press enter this morning and it’s all done! 
Sack them all!

Chelsea made three signings before the window had even opened, have another well along (Fernandez) and are rumoured to be now be going after Mudryk.

Obviously, that was never going to be happening with us but it would be nice to at least once have a needed deal ready to go!

2 hours ago, Shukes said:

This is getting ridiculous… why haven’t we brought anyone yet? Why are we leaving it to the last minute?

Club should have had all targets set up and all that was needed was to press enter this morning and it’s all done! 
Sack them all!

I agree, progressive clubs who have the draw and the financial clout always get first dibs. I would like to think we are talking to players and their agents, and quality players at that, but without wishing to sound negative we aren't a great draw for players who have the qualities we require, and I guess some agents and players will be hanging on for what they consider better offers than us. Or we just haven't got the funds hence the recall of Simms, but at this moment in time it's all guesswork. 

34 minutes ago, Palfy said:

I agree, progressive clubs who have the draw and the financial clout always get first dibs. I would like to think we are talking to players and their agents, and quality players at that, but without wishing to sound negative we aren't a great draw for players who have the qualities we require, and I guess some agents and players will be hanging on for what they consider better offers than us. Or we just haven't got the funds hence the recall of Simms, but at this moment in time it's all guesswork. 

I think this will be the case. And might push our dealings until the last few days of the window while players look at other options. 

5 hours ago, StevO said:

I think this will be the case. And might push our dealings until the last few days of the window while players look at other options. 

Then we sign a player for whom Everton wasn't his first choice so where's the commitment? Tarks, Onana and Coady come to mind that though other clubs were interested they wanted to come to us.

14 minutes ago, Gwlad all over said:

Then we sign a player for whom Everton wasn't his first choice so where's the commitment? Tarks, Onana and Coady come to mind that though other clubs were interested they wanted to come to us.

I thought Tarkowski held off for the biggest money, I'm sure we are paying him a lot more a week than initially anticipated, but we needed him and where prepared to pay him more a week than other suitors. Coady maybe did turn others down to come here, Onana again not so much he wanted to come here above others, more no one else was prepared to pay more than 33.5million for a player at the level he was at. 

1 hour ago, Palfy said:

I thought Tarkowski held off for the biggest money, I'm sure we are paying him a lot more a week than initially anticipated, but we needed him and where prepared to pay him more a week than other suitors. Coady maybe did turn others down to come here, Onana again not so much he wanted to come here above others, more no one else was prepared to pay more than 33.5million for a player at the level he was at. 

Onana chose us over West Ham after they had a bid accepted and we matched it.

2 hours ago, Gwlad all over said:

If we’re trying to buy better players they will consider any offers and may be holding out for a bigger club. 
Didn’t know anyone else was in for Coady, but gives him a chance to work closer to home. Tarkowski didn’t have to move his family. Both of these fell nicely for us. 

If you’re looking for commitment, I’d look away from football if I was you. Maybe I’m just negative. 

Moshiri is the one person that really matters in the "get the board out" protests.  None of the others have made key decisions that have got us where we are today financially and made the mistakes he's made with the running of the club.

I really don't think Kenwright holds a great deal of power within the club anymore and I'm not actually sure why there is so much anger with Baxendale.

Unfortunately Moshiri will have no interest in selling a struggling club with a new stadium on the horizon so he either needs to realise that just changing the manager every season and repeating the same problems isn't working for him and there must be more to the problem or he can find himself owning a Championship club with best stadium the league has ever seen!

You reckon moshiri appointed sharp and baxendale to the board?  That is all kenwright. Kenwright has turned Everton into a pension pot for his favourite people and ex Everton players. 

no doubt moshiri hasn’t got a clue, his biggest mistake was keeping kenwright in a position to influence decisions. He needed to appoint professionals straight away but didn’t.